Week 6: Bills at Titans on MNF

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, BubbaT said:

Clete Blakeman, who annoyed the ever loving ***** out of me for all the flags in the Bills-Broncos game last year, will get to do it again Monday night.

Awesome! Seems like the NFL really enjoys assigning the most over officious jerks to work the Bills games.

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

A new low. Complaining about the refs before the game even starts!

You're right, what was I thinking?

Every flag I've seen against Buffalo has been unquestionably correct. 😂

I don't care about the whole "they're bad on both sides" argument. I only care about the Bills.  I can live with legit calls but we've seen plenty of head scratching bogus penalties. Many getting thrown well after the result of the play on 3rd and 4th downs.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Buffalo will represent the AFC in SB LVI

"I can't think of a team that can go up there and beat them in the playoffs.  The Ravens?  Buffalo has put together a Juggernaut.  Only an injury to Josh will stop them.  Is Allen that good?  Nope, but he's good enough to win any game with this team.  Rattle him and play tight coverage.  That line is a wall.  He has all day to throw and more talent at receiver than you can cover.  So, it's not just about him. Send the Chargers up there to out score them.  They are giving up 13pts per game on defense. They have built a Juggernaut."

The person who started the thread above is actually a Titans fan. And some of these posts made me laugh.:lol:

This is a different beast.  Josh Allen is a big dumb cyborg.  Did you see him sitting on the bench?  They have figured out how to calm him down until it's his time to beat up on the opponent.  I imagine his mantra is "rest now, me go in on offense".

The Bills figured it out.  Protect him 5+ seconds when he drops back, when he finally finds a target, let that big rascal throw a strike 30 yards downfield.  Keep him calm, don't ask him to think.  If his protection breaks down, tell him "run Josh run"  After TD, Josh you go sit on bench until coach sends you back in.  Just sit Josh, don't try to think.

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/43337-buffalo-will-represent-the-afc-in-sb-lv/

i must break you dolph lundgren GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Buffalo will represent the AFC in SB LVI

"I can't think of a team that can go up there and beat them in the playoffs.  The Ravens?  Buffalo has put together a Juggernaut.  Only an injury to Josh will stop them.  Is Allen that good?  Nope, but he's good enough to win any game with this team.  Rattle him and play tight coverage.  That line is a wall.  He has all day to throw and more talent at receiver than you can cover.  So, it's not just about him. Send the Chargers up there to out score them.  They are giving up 13pts per game on defense. They have built a Juggernaut."

The person who started the thread above is actually a Titans fan. And some of these posts made me laugh.:lol:

This is a different beast.  Josh Allen is a big dumb cyborg.  Did you see him sitting on the bench?  They have figured out how to calm him down until it's his time to beat up on the opponent.  I imagine his mantra is "rest now, me go in on offense".

The Bills figured it out.  Protect him 5+ seconds when he drops back, when he finally finds a target, let that big rascal throw a strike 30 yards downfield.  Keep him calm, don't ask him to think.  If his protection breaks down, tell him "run Josh run"  After TD, Josh you go sit on bench until coach sends you back in.  Just sit Josh, don't try to think.

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/43337-buffalo-will-represent-the-afc-in-sb-lv/

Titans fans that want other Titans fans to think they know they're talking about. 

Josh Allen is a dumb neanderthal? That's a new one. He had a higher wonderlic than Tannehill. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Feeling surprisingly confident about this game as I think I respect the Titans more than a lot here do…

But they are playing them at the right time…high confidence levels, relatively injury free and with a bye next week so no need to leave anything in the tank …and I think they might be taking this one a little personally after last year…

Bills to cover this week…

4 minutes ago, Process said:

I think he's being serious...

Where's the Doug Marrone obviously gif when I need it. 

Oh well. No, not serious, but not really wanting to see him out at a bar the night before a game.  I'm sure he knows what he is doing but leave it to social media and the news to make it out to be he was out drinking until 3am and could barely walk before MNF.  And that's why he was 2/5 with only 20 yards receiving. 

Just how it normally pans out is all.

16 minutes ago, Dan said:

In all seriousness.... how many times has a team gone on the road, a player go to a bar, and have that many home team fans there to party with?    It’s kinda ridiculous.  

It really is. I know Nashville is a popular destination for us but it truly is amazing how well this fan base travels. Truly hardcore! I was raised in the NE so I basically just took in every NE, NYJ and Giants game I could. Really looking forward to J-ville this year.

11 minutes ago, HerdMentality said:

Bar. Alcohol. Late night. Covid. Game tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% chill on this one, but.... What other context are you alluding to? LOL 

Is it a promotional thing he formally agreed to beforehand or is this spur of the moment? Is he drinking? Is he actually mingling with bar patrons or did he just hop on stage for quick shout and then bolt? 

I'm alluding to the non-obvious assumptions. He's vaccinated, so there's obviously no issue there. 

You're not giving context, you're giving perception. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Is it a promotional thing he formally agreed to beforehand or is this spur of the moment? Is he drinking? Is he actually mingling with bar patrons or did he just hop on stage for quick shout and then bolt? 

I'm alluding to the non-obvious assumptions. He's vaccinated, so there's obviously no issue there. 

You're not giving context, you're giving perception. 

If you knew the answers to these questions... you'd make a judgement?? I doubt it.

A "promotional thing he formally agreed to"??? Did the Bills know about this??? A spur of the moment thing??? Still probably not too bad right? Drinking 1 drink or 3 or none? Where do you draw the line,, especially IF it was a formally agreed to event?? It's an intersectional nightmare!! LOL

The truth is, the context is all pretty much there. And it all seemed pretty tame. So no biggie.

You're not providing context. You're grasping at straws.

Edited by HerdMentality

1 minute ago, HerdMentality said:

If you knew the answers to these questions... you'd make a judgement?? I doubt it.

A "promotional thing he formally agreed to"??? Did the Bills know about this??? A spur of the moment thing??? Still probably not too bad right? Drinking 1 drink or 3 or none? Where do you draw the line,, especially IF it was a formally agreed to event?? LOL

The truth is, the context is all pretty much there. And it all seemed pretty tame. So no biggie.

What are we, I mean a few, making a big deal about?

Unless someone has a pic of him drinking alcohol, or still out at the bar, then it's all speculation about nothing

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Unless someone has a pic of him drinking alcohol, or still out at the bar, then it's all speculation about nothing

I personally don't care 1 lick.

My point was that you CAN decipher what's up by seeing the video and make a judgement, at least a pretty informed judgement. There is plenty of context.

My judgement was that all is well. No problem. Do it again next week!

6 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I wasn't making a big deal out of it.  I was just surprised with a big game tomorrow.  Obviously, it is fine with McD and likely was a sort of team "thank you" to the fans.

21 minutes ago, HerdMentality said:

A "promotional thing he formally agreed to"??? Did the Bills know about this??? A spur of the moment thing??? Still probably not too bad right? Drinking 1 drink or 3 or none? Where do you draw the line,, especially IF it was a formally agreed to event?? It's an intersectional nightmare!! LOL

If you consider asking for facts and the correct context as "grasping at straws" then we're definitely not on the same page.

I was responding to someone who perceived this as a bad thing.

12 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I wasn't making a big deal out of it.  I was just surprised with a big game tomorrow.  Obviously, it is fine with McD and likely was a sort of team "thank you" to the fans.

This is what I would assume too, without having any facts or context.

On 10/11/2021 at 3:17 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think they looked “sleepy”, they just looked bad. Josh’s shoulder was injured and they were missing Tre White, Levi Wallace, Matt Milano, John brown, and Zach moss. Their starting corners were josh Norman and cam Lewis. Andre roberts started at WR. They also had quinton Spain just decide at game time he was going to be inactive with a phantom  booboo foot.  I think the back and forth on whether the game was actually happening screwed with their prep too. But every other time they’ve played the Titans recently  they seem to match up pretty well. 

Yup, Folk seem to forget this, the Bills had a lot of injuries during that part of the season, on O & D,  plus Q Spain having a temper tantrum and quiting that day…, 

On 10/11/2021 at 3:42 PM, GETTOTHE50 said:

He’s a fan of Justin Bieber 

Hey, no one is perfect…, 

Go Bills!!!

On 10/12/2021 at 8:26 AM, mannc said:

It’s a nearly meaningless stat. Mac Jones: 71.1 % completion percentage for the year.

Just another example of personal stats meaning nothing when your team fails to have success, ie; winning record / Winning your division / playoff wins, etc, etc, etc, 

Go Bills!!!

On 10/12/2021 at 1:20 PM, The Wiz said:

Regression 🙄

What is this. Fiddler on the roof?

😁

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The reason why this is going to sit uneasy with some people is some of us have been around long enough to remember our teams that went to 4th St., Super Bowls and there were rumors of late night drinking etc. prior to those games

Maybe Sanders didn’t drink a lick

The Raiders were legendary partiers before Superbowls and they won plenty of ‘em . Doesn’t matter much if at all. 

12 hours ago, BubbaT said:

Clete Blakeman, who annoyed the ever loving ***** out of me for all the flags in the Bills-Broncos game last year, will get to do it again Monday night.

Compared to Cheffers, Boger et al, Blakeman and crew aren’t half bad. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.