Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

I think what some people are forgetting, Dolphin fans completely ignoring, is that the Bills defense probably played better than the other division teams last weekend. I'm pretty sure McDermott and Frazier don't plan on just rushing 4 the whole game. For all the talk about pressuring Allen, I think Tua is in a worse position pressure wise. He's not exactly fleet of foot

Edited by buffalo2218

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

I think what some people are forgetting, Dolphin fans completely ignoring, is that the Bills defense probably played better than the other division teams last weekend. I'm pretty sure McDermott and Frazier don't plan on just rushing 4 the whole game. For all the talk about pressuring Allen, I think Tua is in a worse position pressure wise. He's not exactly fleet of foot

Maybe some, but I'm not one. I was happy with how the D played even with the 2nd half not being as good. I thought the D certainly did well enough to win the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I hope to see Bills run the ball more and get a little more balanced, but being familiar with Daboll they probably won't very much. 

If it's not broke don't fix it...? I feel your pain; Miami was averaging 4 ypc against NE then stopped running the ball for whatever reason smh.

20 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

If it's not broke don't fix it...? I feel your pain; Miami was averaging 4 ypc against NE then stopped running the ball for whatever reason smh.

No you haven’t felt any pain YET , you will feel it on Sunday one pissed of Josh is coming to pay you a visit 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The key to winning football games has always been and will always be about whether you beat the guy across from you.  I'll be watching for the O line to win matchups this week.  They got steamrolled by the Pittsburgh front this past Sunday, and McD rightfully called them out.  Will they rally and beat the guy in front of them more times than not, or will they get beat again individually and collectively?  That's the key to this game and most of the remaining ones on the schedule.  

Not a lot of guys in this league are beating Watt and Heyward in a one on one matchup. That's on Daboll and Allen to work around the problem. Daboll has to keep a RB or TE in as an additional blocker; Allen needs to stay patient and make quick short throws before the pass rush gets home. Luckily against Miami we won't have that kind of pass rush to contend with.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

What? Predictions aren’t welcome here?…..  I suggested I’d still expect them to win the division even if they lose Sunday. 

I didn’t complain as much when they were winning… go figure…

Lol, maybe he meant you don't give much credit when they win? 

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

What? Predictions aren’t welcome here?…..  I suggested I’d still expect them to win the division even if they lose Sunday. 

I didn’t complain as much when they were winning… go figure…

Predictions are welcomed.  When you predict the negative, you're going to let us know as much as you can.   I've lost count how many times you've told everyone on here you wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins beat us.

Is complaining a contest you're looking to win or something?  We all on here watch the Bills and hate when they lose....we just don't act like a Karen towards the Bills like you do.

This game worries me. The Bills offense hasn't really clicked or played well since when? Our run game or lack of, problems on the Oline, and the blueprint is evident on how to stop Daboll's scheme. No doubt the Dolphins will follow the Ravens, Chiefs, and Steeler blueprint. It's no genius game plan. Hoping they don't have the personal to match up. The Bills offense needs a jump start big time! The Bills defense has issues as well. Can they generate a pass rush? Stop the run? Secondary is an issue as well. Look no further than Wallace. Home opener for a Miami team and they know us well. I can see a very tight game. My prediction is Bills win ugly 20- 17. Think Allen and the offense struggle on the road. Bills defense comes up with big play and hit game winning FG. 

Edited by newcam2012

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Are the coverage maps available?  Anyone know?  This leaves out Hawai'i and Tua is a Hawai'i boy... I just kinda figured Miami would be shown here pretty much every week he's the starter.

given the PBP announcer and color guy we’re getting… the broadcast map is probably the 4 (5?) counties of WNY, plus Broward and Miami-Dade county in FL, and that’s it.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

given the PBP announcer and color guy we’re getting… the broadcast map is probably the 4 (5?) counties of WNY, plus Broward and Miami-Dade county in FL, and that’s it.

Really will be kinda shocked if he's not on here.  When Mariota was on the Titans, they were on TV almost every week.

1 minute ago, 727Bills said:

It pretty easy to find good reliable reddit streams of the Bills (or any NFL) games, just saying.... Not that I condone that sort of thing 😊

I actually have NFL Sunday ticket for streaming through my sister-in-law's college account.  But there's a Bills fan on the island I'll drive to in order to watch the games with when they aren't on local TV.  So it's really just the question of if I'm driving to his place or watching at home.

And you might ask whey I drive there and he doesn't drive to my place... my wife and I are not the hosting type.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I actually have NFL Sunday ticket for streaming through my sister-in-law's college account.  But there's a Bills fan on the island I'll drive to in order to watch the games with when they aren't on local TV.  So it's really just the question of if I'm driving to his place or watching at home.

And you might ask whey I drive there and he doesn't drive to my place... my wife and I are not the hosting type.

You bring the game, they supply the food and booze, win-win in my book 

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

This game worries me. The Bills offense hasn't really clicked or played well since when? Our run game or lack of, problems on the Oline, and the blueprint is evident on how to stop Daboll's scheme. No doubt the Dolphins will follow the Ravens, Chiefs, and Steeler blueprint. It's no genius game plan. Hoping they don't have the personal to match up. The Bills offense needs a jump start big time! The Bills defense has issues as well. Can they generate a pass rush? Stop the run? Secondary is an issue as well. Look no further than Wallace. Home opener for a Miami team and they know us well. I can see a very tight game. My prediction is Bills win ugly 20- 17. Think Allen and the offense struggle on the road. Bills defense comes up with big play and hit game winning FG. 

The last time the offense played well was against the Colts in the playoffs.  They struggled against the Ravens (elite), Chiefs (elite) and Steelers (elite).  

The Dolphins are not elite.  

Bills win easy. 

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

The last time the offense played well was against the Colts in the playoffs.  They struggled against the Ravens (elite), Chiefs (elite) and Steelers (elite).  

Bills win easy. 

I think they also win but I don't know about easy. They are playing in their home opener even though Bills fans will represent well. They will want payback for the beatdown the Bills gave them last season. Division games are usually tough. I will say 24-20 Bills.

17 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Bills win easy. 

Hope the Bills win! I don't think the Chiefs defense was and is elite. Just ask Tom Brady. Derrick Carr just shredded the elite Balt defense. At some point, the Bills fans should realize that their offense has been exposed and decline in production is not absurd.  No run game or threat of it and coupled with a porous Oline are the main issues. If Allen isn't super human the Bills are likely to lose or struggle to win. That's exactly what we witnessed on Sunday against the Steelers. 

Edited by newcam2012

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I think they also win but I don't know about easy. They are playing in their home opener even though Bills fans will represent well. They will want payback for the beatdown the Bills gave them last season. Division games are usually tough. I will say 24-20 Bills.

Josh has a nice history of playing well against the Fish, but I don't see this game being "easy" at all either.

I live an hour north of the stadium; it's going to be hot and humid, believe me.

It's as bad with that stuff right now as it's been all year.

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

this is the ultimate “Trust the Process” game.  We should win easily.  In fact, I’m confident that we will.

Confident based on their home opening performance? Are you the same guy who was confident that the Bills would beat Pitt? 

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

this is the ultimate “Trust the Process” game.  We should win easily.  In fact, I’m confident that we will.

About 85% of this board said the same about the Pittsburgh game!  (And pretty much all games, for that matter).

30 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

This game has me nervous now.  Logically, I think the Bills are going to come out swinging and crush the Dolphins.  Emotionally, I don't think I'm prepared to even ponder the idea that they lose this game.

Yup this is gonna be a long week. I wanna play right now and get that bad taste out. 

On 9/13/2021 at 5:59 PM, CincyBillsFan said:

The Dolphins gave up nearly 400 yards to the conservative, ball control, rookie QB led NE offense.  Sure NE struggled in the red zone but that's expected with a rookie QB.  The Dolphins have a solid D but IMO it's no where near as good as a healthy Steeler's D.

If you understood football and our defense in Miami you'd know that's our MO...we are designed to keep things in front of us, cause turnovers, and play strong red zone D.

This ain't gonna be like last year either, we have receivers, and a mostly healthy team.  

This will be a game, but I like my Fins by a tuddy in the blistering Florida heat.

It will be a tough matchup. The Dolphins have decent CB and a couple really good WR.  Will Allen and/or your OC be willing to take what they give them or will they force the ball. I think on D whoever White isn’t covering is going to be Tua favorite target will your CB step up?

my prediction — Bills 21 phins 17

34 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

It will be a tough matchup. The Dolphins have decent CB and a couple really good WR.  Will Allen and/or your OC be willing to take what they give them or will they force the ball. I think on D whoever White isn’t covering is going to be Tua favorite target will your CB step up?

my prediction — Bills 21 phins 17

Depends on which Bills team shows up. I'm curious to see if Frazier relies on the front 4 for pressure. I'm not sold on Tua being able to scan the field and go through his progressions but to be fair, I'm not sure his O line will give him the time to either