Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

Well they seem to be Josh's favorite opponent so I'm pretty optimistic we'll get it right. Miami's pretty bad, and I'm definitely not sold on Tua. Waddle and Parker look good but that's about it. I think it's pretty crazy that Gesicki only had two targets and zero catches today, I keep waiting for him to really break out and assumed he'd be Tua's safety valve. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Can’t decide if I wish this game was tomorrow, or 3 months from now 

Right now,  I'm still in shock, disbelief, and denial about how bad the Bills looked. Feels like a gut punch! I can't even think about the Miami game right now. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

True but watching Allen today made me feel the same way. Tua won't  have to do much to win if a similar Bills team shows up next Sunday.

Honestly allen shouldve been more check downy and we win that game...guy is trying to hit a home run every play.  He's so used to having to put the team on his shoulders and play out of his mind to win but the defense had his back today 

I am actually really confident about this game. McDermott and Frazier are going to have a field day confusing Tua and exploiting his weaknesses. If our offense doesn't totally **** the bed like they did today this should be a rout. Get back to the 11 personnel and play action pass heavy offense we saw last year. The Dolphins can't consistently get pressure with 4 like the Steelers could and that alone means I expect our offense to perform more like they did last year. I don't see any positional group matchup where the Dolphins have a significant advantage over us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Nearly 24 hours later I'm really not sure how I feel about next week but make no mistake this is pretty much a must win for the Bills because a loss not only puts them at 0-2 but essentially 3 games behind the Dolphins.

I was flipping back and forth between the Dolphins/Pats and Browns/Chiefs yesterday but from what I saw the Dolphins defense still looks very good but obviously not quite like the Steelers in terms of the front seven. Tua was solid other than the INT but it still says something to go into Foxboro and win especially on opening day.

If the Bills do bounce back and throttle the Dolphins by 2+ scores this week I'll be impressed but something tells me that even if we win it might be another ugly afternoon.

Divisional opponent, away - nothing is going to be easy here.

Watching some of their game yesterday:  they don't really do anything spectacularly well, but they're solid in every area.  I thought Tua looked pretty good. Their running game certainly isn't scary, but it gets the job done. They play good, sound defense and don't give up big plays.

It's definitely a game the Bills should win, but after yesterday, they need to bring their A game and take advantage of every opportunity.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wasn't Jackson the guy who was trash talking Diggs in the beginning of our 2nd game w/ them last year, only to get burned by Diggs repeatedly after that?

I'm surprised a Patriots player is talking like that. Not their usual m.o.

And to Jackson, a word:  scoreboard.

14 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

They will probably still get him especially if they lose against the Bills and Tua doesn't look like more than a game manager type in the coming weeks.

That is all he is, a game manager.  He was just good enough for a wine against a three turnover Patriot team (which hardly ever happens).  He managed a 79.8 QB rating and Mac Jones outplayed him.  On his one interception, he apparently dint have the arm strength to heave it out of bounds and he threw another ball for an int which McCourdy dropped.  He also took way too much time and took two bad sacks.

This will be a tough game.  Miami is well coached and will be prepared. They are tired of losing to a division foe.  On the road, hot and humid, and a distracting destination.   

I expect a better performance from Daboll, Allen and the offense.  I think we win but it will be tough.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

This will be a tough game.  Miami is well coached and will be prepared. They are tired of losing to a division foe.  On the road, hot and humid, and a distracting destination.   

I expect a better performance from Daboll, Allen and the offense.  I think we win but it will be tough.  

The potentially hot and humid weather worries me with regard to Dawkins

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1