Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not overlooking anyone after yesterday. Have to get out there and get some balance in the offense. Get 26 going early.  Also need to tackle well and stop the run. This game won’t be a push over.

Getting Singletary going early should also calm Allen's nerves. Pretty hard to get amped up just handing off the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I hate that this is still a thing..  The fans in the stands is certainly a legitimate argument still.

Yea....  I tried as hard as I could to dismiss this, but it's clearly something worth monitoring.  I'm expecting him to put it behind him at some point, but I really hate that this clearly can't be put to bed yet. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m the opposite… the Bills have won the last 4 against Miami and destroyed them the last outing…. Part of me thinks the Dolphins are due and will be highly motivated to beat the Bills Sunday, especially a Bills team that is vulnerable offensively at the moment. If Josh and the offensive line play like they did yesterday on Sunday Dolphins will win, IMO. 

I'm shocked!!!

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Part of me thinks the Dolphins are due and will be highly motivated to beat the Bills Sunday

Com on Scott... you watched the Patriots dominate us for nearly two decades. There is no such thing as a team being due to beat another team. The Bills will be highly motivated to make sure they don't start the season 0-2. Kind of like we don't match up well with the Steelers, the Dolphins don't match up well against us. No guaranteed victories in the NFL but what about the Dolphins scares you? The strength of their team is the secondary. That doesn't worry me nearly as much as a team with a good pass rush.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Com on Scott... you watched the Patriots dominate us for nearly two decades. There is no such thing as a team being due to beat another team. The Bills will be highly motivated to make sure they don't start the season 0-2. Kind of like we don't match up well with the Steelers, the Dolphins don't match up well against us. No guaranteed victories in the NFL but what about the Dolphins scares you? The strength of their team is the secondary. That doesn't worry me nearly as much as a team with a good pass rush.

I can see why someone would be worried about us dominating the Dolphins lately and them coming out motivated, but unlike Pittsburgh - and much like us back during the Pats reign - the Dolphins don’t have the dogs Pittsburgh has.  Different mentality.  

I was worried about the fact we had beat them two years in a row.   Miami, not so much. 

Edited by SCBills

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You really comparing that to the Patriots domination over us?

Yes, albeit on a much shorter timeframe. McDermott with Allen is 5-1 against them. The lone loss was his rookie year when Clay dropped a game winner and he had zero talent around him in any case. Last year our backups crushed them for an entire half in a game they needed to win. What do you call that if not domination? I'm sure the Dolphins are motivated to beat us. That doesn't change my thinking.

29 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You really comparing that to the Patriots domination over us? The Bills fielded ***** rosters year in and year our while the Patriots were perennial SB participants. 

Miami is a lot more talented than those Bills teams…. Nothing particularly scares me about the Dolphins… Just saying I wouldn’t at all be surprised if the Bills lose if the offense looks as disheveled this week as last. 

Then if you are right the Bills will lose.

1 hour ago, MrSarcasm said:

Getting Singletary going early should also calm Allen's nerves. Pretty hard to get amped up just handing off the ball.

Singletary and Moss both.  Lets activate them.  I can't think of another team that gives the RB the ball less on a continual basis.  

• Agree 2

Please MIA try it again. Please think you can just play Man against us and hope it works. After a bad game with Steelers MIA could be the perfect game for an Allen Get well game. 

18 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

Tua and the fish managed to beat the pats today. On paper the Bills win.  But if the same Bills team as today shows up, 0-2.

Tua and the Turnovers beat the Pats. Those Turnovers will dry up. 

I don’t want to run more just for the sake of doing it. This team is going to live and die by Allen’s arm.

We also don’t necessarily need Allen slinging it 30 yards downfield 50 times a game. The Chiefs make a living at turning 3 yards passes into 12 yard gains.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Perhaps Daboll actually utilizes a run game for this game? The phins' run D is pretty porous

Miami might have some of the best dbs in the league. Activate Moss and mix the run the whole game. Not just when you have a lead. I know our OL are not great run blockers but Pitt basically ignored Devin.