AP exclusive: Bills propose new 60k seat stadium by (update - 2025)

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

I was a kid but I remember those days. The 70's were brutal at least until Knox got there. Then it started to turn around. I still say if the Bills had beaten the Chargers in the 1980 divisional round they were Super Bowl bound. I think they would have crushed Oakland at home in the AFCCG. That loss to SD was probably my first heartbreaking Bills loss. 

If you looked at that roster, they had guys who could play.  The 70s was a decade of pathetic management, drafting and coaching after OJ and Saban. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As I thought.........you clearly weren't there.

Uh, I literally posted a picture from the game...

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It was far from 65K in actual attendance.    

The amount of tickets sold(in a year the team was expected to go to the SB by fans) and the ACTUAL attendance on game day are two different things.

65k is the actual attendance. 65,398 to be exact.

The amount of people who walked through the gates.

It was a sell out with 69,000 tickets sold. 65k attended.

You're wrong.

• YoloinOhio changed the title to AP exclusive: Bills propose new 60k seat stadium by (update - 2025)

I'm curious as to what that area is behind the Bills bench?  Are they trying to make a luxury seat area like they do at Yankee stadium and charge a bunch of money?  Also, I don't like the 4 tiers of seating. 

I'm curious to know what that open concept over the endzone would do for the wind. 

I can't say I'm a fan and don't see anything that makes it a huge improvement over what we have

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm curious as to what that area is behind the Bills bench?  Are they trying to make a luxury seat area like they do at Yankee stadium and charge a bunch of money?  Also, I don't like the 4 tiers of seating. 

I'm curious to know what that open concept over the endzone would do for the wind. 

I can't say I'm a fan and don't see anything that makes it a huge improvement over what we have

The stadium looks very similar to the Seahawks.  As fans we can't see anything that is cracking/ breaking

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

What would you want to see on an exterior rendering to make it a huge improvement? (Besides a roof)

2 minutes ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

I'm not blown away by those designs, but note that the slight rotation of the field reflects a different approach to wind patterns.

And we only see one end, but I assume it would need to be open at both ends and also more elevated to reduce the swirling effect that currently terrorizes RWS.

It's probably worth mentioning that these look like the same renderings that were shared months ago. Who's the actual source?

24 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

And we only see one end, but I assume it would need to be open at both ends and also more elevated to reduce the swirling effect that currently terrorizes RWS.

It's probably worth mentioning that these look like the same renderings that were shared months ago. Who's the actual source?

Open or closed at both ends... and no more bowl below grade. Though as noted below, who knows whether these are accurate?

23 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The state released the Pegulas report today with their permission.  I scanned through it. What I found interesting is that the site scores in big pretty charts don't match the site scores and conclusions at the end of the report. The ones in the big pretty charts say the South Park site is the best, OP is second and UB is a distant third.  The conclusions at the end have different numbers and have OP as #1 with South Park and UB basically tied at #2 and 3.

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Uh, I literally posted a picture from the game...

It didn't load on my fully updated Mac so I pulled it up on my phone and it loaded like something from the 90's.

Bad picture.   I have video of the Diggs TD and the entire stadium after the play and there are large swaths of empty seats in the upper deck and the gappy seating in the lower bowl.   But if you don't want to believe they pad the attendance figures that's up to you.   Always have.

Either way we are talking about thousands of no-shows for a game that sets the team up to play a de facto division championship game the next week............when the team has only won the division once since 1995.  

Like I said.........if they lose to NE there will be MORE no shows.........not less.

Then there will be another game against an uninspiring opponent.

And in the life of the stadium there will be entire seasons where the team is poor or mediocre and has to play 4 games or more in December and January.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Depends how much of it is built above grade. Also, from the aerial view above, the new stadium appears to be oriented a bit more north/south with less of the end zone directly exposed to the prevailing winds. 

Took a quick glance. SP site graded higher than OP which I thought was interesting. I get the cost difference and other challenges, but man that would be cool to have it there. Based on the governors comments, ship seems to have sailed on anything but OP, which is fine I guess. Whatever keeps them here. Plus, I’m sure the stadium will be beautiful (just look what they did with that training center). However, I can’t help but wonder if they are being short sighted here going for more instant gratification and rushing into an easier, yet less optimal site? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Took a quick glance. SP site graded higher than OP which I thought was interesting. I get the cost difference and other challenges, but man that would be cool to have it there. Based on the governors comments, ship seems to have sailed on anything but OP, which is fine I guess. Whatever keeps them here. Plus, I’m sure the stadium will be beautiful (just look what they did with that training center). However, I can’t help but wonder if they are being short sighted here going for more instant gratification and rushing into an easier, yet less optimal site? 

Did you go all the way to the end? The executive assessment at the end had them flip flopped with different scores.

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Imagine wanting an open air stadium in Buffalo to freeze in with 40mph winds and a gunslinger at QB.  ItS aN aDvAnTAgE

LOL.....it is not. Have you watched the Bills play in that? They suck.

Edited by cba fan

19 hours ago, Einstein said:

Lol what?

In 2018 the Bills were 5-10 heading into a meaningless January season finale against the equally bad Dolphins and there were still 67,420 people in attendance.

The chances of a game this season being sub 50k is somewhere between slim and none.

that was because Allen was playing and developing and bringing some excitement. And it was 30 degrees out.

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Did you go all the way to the end? The executive assessment at the end had them flip flopped with different scores.

I did go to the end, albeit a cursory review. Thanks for the heads up (seriously, not snarky). Kinda strange they would put it through, and ultimately contradict, their scoring model then (i.e., what’s the point). Not saying you’re wrong that was in there, or they didn’t explain it. I’m sure it was if you looked at it more closely than I did.

But, hey, I get it. That SP site comes with a world of challenges and significant known (and likely unknown) costs. Not to mention the existing people and businesses that would be displaced as a result. I just think that, but for all those challenges and additional costs, in a vacuum, the SP site would be my choice.  I think it’s the ‘coolest’  and most innovative/creative of all the options. 

Edited by TheProcess

20 hours ago, Einstein said:

That’s weather related, not capacity related.

Not really. The next games are selling for similar price. As low as $14 for Falcons and as low as $15 for Jets game. The home schedule did ticket prices no favors but Bills tickets are routinely far lower than other playoff caliber teams, including small market teams like KC, Indy, GB, NO. 

Titans hosting Dolphins next week, cheapest seat in the house is currently $130 after fees. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

11-1 all time home record in playoffs

Which takes place in not great weather

12-3 actually.

All but 2 of those games are really ancient history.......league was very different then.......and they really struggled to win those 2 fan-less games last year........looking very little like the team they had been all season.

Homefield advantage ain't what it used to be.........coming into last weekend home teams actually had a slightly below .500 record in 2021 and the Bills had been 3-3.

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

12-3 actually.

All but 2 of those games are really ancient history.......league was very different then.......and they really struggled to win those 2 fan-less games last year........looking very little like the team they had been all season.

Homefield advantage ain't what it used to be.........coming into last weekend home teams actually had a slightly below .500 record in 2021 and the Bills had been 3-3.

My bad I think it's 11-1 at the Ralph . That's what I meant

12 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, this is what I suspected. These images have been floating around for a while.

But still, the Pegulas have said that Seattle's stadium is the inspiration. I'm sure people will be disappointed with that, too.

Very. I don't think they've decided yet. This has been a terrible weather season for home games. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a dome. It's going to come down to how much money they can get.

$500 million over 30 years plus maintenance is a lot of extra money to come up with. I understand that. We'll see what happens. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.