AP exclusive: Bills propose new 60k seat stadium by (update - 2025)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

So you’re saying a downtown dome then?  🤪

No.  I’ve been pretty clear about the OP site for quite awhile.  Bills rejected downtown because of financial considerations. 

Here’s my guess for the state of the state: Kathy announces that she’s reached a deal with the Bills; assembly and senate will be on board with the idea as part of the budget process, and the Bills get the ball rolling on construction in advance of budget passage (hopefully, for the budget, by April 1 of this year).  EC’s portion of the deal I’m not so sure about - could be as simple as deeding ECC South lands to a shell corp for construction purposes; could entail financial contribution.  Likely will require leg approval, but I heard that Poloncarz has been (very smartly) setting aside stadium money in the budget for years.  (Which everyone would know if they actually bothered to read it.)  But my sense is that this is a done deal because I know of someone involved in the process who is on the way out (for a good reason).  That wouldn’t happen if there was trouble regarding the deal. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

He says there’s progress being made but that the deal is not imminent to being released in the next couple of days

Just now, Scott7975 said:

What do you mean?  This is the stadium proposal with renderings.  

That's someone's dream concept. The actual stadium in OP has yet to be designed. Also note that presentation is for a downtown stadium that isn't happening.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's someone's dream concept. The actual stadium in OP has yet to be designed. Also note that presentation is for a downtown stadium that isn't happening.

Mkay.  Why would people discuss agreements with no design in place?  Thats not usually how it works.  Im not saying the stadium will look exactly like that but those are the most current design concepts.  Its also what is described... an open air stadium with over hang on most of the crowd.  It has multiple proposals... Downtown, OP, even fixing the current stadium... exactly what professionals do.

I don't see it happening downtown either though but the proposal was requested or it wouldn't have been given.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Mkay.  Why would people discuss agreements with no design in place?  Thats not usually how it works.  Im not saying the stadium will look exactly like that but those are the most current design concepts.  Its also what is described... an open air stadium with over hang on most of the crowd.  It has multiple proposals... Downtown, OP, even fixing the current stadium... exactly what professionals do.

I don't see it happening downtown either though but the proposal was requested or it wouldn't have been given.

If it's designed it's being kept under wraps. No doubt it will be something close to that presentation. Maybe the state/county is pushing for a roof? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It's definitely going to be similar. It's just not the Pegulas design. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The Rams stadium was 100% private funding

Rams stadium is interesting though. I always thought that stadium was a retractable roof dome but it's more of a canopy. It's open air but the field and seating is covered.

I wonder if something like that is on the minds of the Pegulas. It'll still be cold and outdoors, but covered. Most believe it'll be more like Seattle.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's definitely going to be similar. It's just not the Pegulas design. 

Well I don't think the Pegulas would design it.  They would pay people to do that and then make suggestions, approve/disapprove things.  Thats not going to be the final design I'm sure but it is something and it will likely be similar to that in the end. Still cool to look at as well as the informational break downs of the proposal money wise.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Rams stadium is interestingly though. I always thought that stadium was a retractable roof dome but it's more of a canopy. It's open air but the field and seating is covered.

I wonder if something like that is on the minds of the Pegulas. It'll still be cold and outdoors, but covered.

Stadiums like SoFi in LA and Allegiant in LV are almost no-brainers. They will be put to use year-round because of the markets they are in.

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Well I don't think the Pegulas would design it.  They would pay people to do that and then make suggestions, approve/disapprove things.  Thats not going to be the final design I'm sure but it is something and it will likely be similar to that in the end. Still cool to look at as well as the informational break downs of the proposal money wise.

No, the Pegulas aren't going to draw the design. It's going to be designed how they imagine it. Maybe Josh Allen will draw it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Rams stadium is interesting though. I always thought that stadium was a retractable roof dome but it's more of a canopy. It's open air but the field and seating is covered.

I wonder if something like that is on the minds of the Pegulas. It'll still be cold and outdoors, but covered. Most believe it'll be more like Seattle.

Yeah. Seats will be covered by a ETFE plastic overhang. I believe the Pegulas are quoted saying that Seattle is the inspiration, but modern construction technologies will allow it to look a lot different. It's not going to be a big steel arc structure over the building. It's going to be clear, modern, and angular, like the top of Minny's stadium.

In my opinion, it would be ideal for the overhang to surround the stadium and truly cover all the seats with the rectangular opening situated over the field. Think of a lot of the European soccer stadiums. But with the overhang being clear, you get more natural light and won't get the awkward half shadow on the field.

I think they could be incredibly state-of-the-art with this design while still having the open air quality they desire.

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Thanks for sharing.

Looking at the lower bowl options, I'm cautiously optimistic that I can get into lower level seats around the 35 yard line without paying for "club" seats.  Maybe there's hope I can afford to keep decent season tix.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah. Seats will be covered by a ETFE plastic overhang. I believe the Pegulas are quoted saying that Seattle is the inspiration, but modern construction technologies will allow it to look a lot different. It's not going to be a big steel arc structure over the building. It's going to be clear, modern, and angular, like the top of Minny's stadium.

In my opinion, it would be ideal for the overhang to surround the stadium and truly cover all the seats with the rectangular opening situated over the field. Think of a lot of the European soccer stadiums. But with the overhang being clear, you get more natural light and won't get the awkward half shadow on the field.

I think they could be incredibly state-of-the-art with this design while still having the open air quality they desire.

I also believe the coverage will be all the way around the stadium. I don't think it makes much sense to have a standing area uncovered.

8 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Thanks for sharing.

Looking at the lower bowl options, I'm cautiously optimistic that I can get into lower level seats around the 35 yard line without paying for "club" seats.  Maybe there's hope I can afford to keep decent season tix.

I would love to see what they expect to raise ticket prices to.  Im sure there are already reports about that.  You don't design something like this without looking at ROI.

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

People..the name of the architectural firm that prepared the renderings is right on the rendering. They’re a firm that specializes in stadiums. You can look them up. I’m sure SOMEONE gave them SOME direction. 

I'm sure they've gotten submissions from many firms.

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

People..the name of the architectural firm that prepared the renderings is right on the rendering. They’re a firm that specializes in stadiums. You can look them up. I’m sure SOMEONE gave them SOME direction. 

Thank you.  Yes they are.  While the stadium might not look totally like the renderings, they weren't drawn up out of thin air.  It is likely that something similar is what is going to happen unless they change their minds for a dome.  That isn't likely this deep into the project.

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Thank you.  Yes they are.  While the stadium might not look totally like the renderings, they weren't drawn up out of thin air.  It is likely that something similar is what is going to happen unless they change their minds for a dome.  That isn't likely this deep into the project.

It's not the Pegulas design. This has already been said by people breaking news on the stadium.

Yes it's designed based on what we've all heard. Covered seating, open air, modern. These designs are old.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's not the Pegulas design. This has already been said by people breaking news on the stadium.

Yes it's designed based on what we've all heard. Covered seating, open air, modern. These designs are old.

Yes I know...  September of '19.

Edited by Scott7975

36 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Is plastic going to withstand 5 feet of snow and 50 mph winds?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No, the Pegulas aren't going to draw the design. It's going to be designed how they imagine it. Maybe Josh Allen will draw it.

il_1588xN.2022383946_o12k.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Interesting. So either Poloncarz isn’t privy to any statement by the governor tomorrow or the media reporting an announcement are wrong.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.