McKenzie found the common sense [Edit: got vaxxed]

aristocrat

2 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

On Sirius NFL yesterday, Pat Kirwan was saying that he knows GM's that will be cutting unvaxxed players if they have other options.  Be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I feel like whether a GM says it or not, it has to be part of the consideration.  Just like if someone is injury prone.

Availability is an important factor.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

@Hapless Bills Fan

What was I saying? 

Was I calling you out for demonizing people or was I expanding upon your point? 

By the look of your green check mark you (and a few others) seemed to understand exactly what I was saying… 

It appeared that you were saying that the person who you commented on his post that he was demonizing, when what he wrote was just the opposite…, 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He took it, that's the point.  🎉🎉🎉

When someone I've been talking to, slowly and patiently over months, finally hits a tipping point and decides it's in their interest to get vaccinated, I don't say "what took you so long?"  I say "That's Great News, I'm so happy to hear that!  I'm gonna sleep a bit better tonight!"

But it's still OK toTHINK the former, even while you're stating the latter. 😊

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, exactly  - "Beware the Wrath of a Patient Man" as the saying goes.

Or put another way:

"I got a threshold, Jules. I got a threshold for the abuse that I will take.  Right now, I'm a [effin] race car, and you got me in the red.  I'm just sayin' that it's [effin] dangerous to have a race car in the [effin] red. That's all. I could blow."

😉

2 hours ago, Justin C said:

I'm surprised Star isn't vaccinated considering he sat out last year due to Covid concerns. I've also seen him walking around Wegmans maskless though.

Agree. With him sitting out last year specifically due to Covid, it is very surprising. Doesn't make much sense. 

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It appeared that you were saying that the person who you commented on his post that he was demonizing, when what he wrote was just the opposite…, 

I am sorry that it wasn’t clear to you. A bunch of other folks were able to comprehend what I was saying… including the poster. 

Thank you for encouraging me to work on my reading comprehension… maybe we can do that together? 😂

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBob said:

Or put another way:

"I got a threshold, Jules. I got a threshold for the abuse that I will take.  Right now, I'm a [effin] race car, and you got me in the red.  I'm just sayin' that it's [effin] dangerous to have a race car in the [effin] red. That's all. I could blow."

😉

So you're saying this is how McKenzie got the jab?

image.png.6482fc95087c354438f30a1a370cdeaf.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Success said:

We don't know on Allen.  And of course, we would never cut Josh Allen.

I love Beasley. He was my favorite player last year. I also respect his right to his own opinion, and even to not be vaccinated. But he's been too much of a distraction, and if we're into the season and he's missing more than a game or 2 because of these new protocols, it's not worth it to have him on the roster.

This, both of them. 

Beasley has some valid concerns about the current NFL protocols.  Testing vaccinated players and staff every 14 days is probably not often enough for the current situation - they get tested immediately if they have symptoms, but that means asymptomatic and presymptomatic infections go undetected. 

Allowing vaccinated players to circulate in the community and socialize with friends and families on road trips is also not a great idea for the current situation, as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers found out. 

He also is tweeting a bunch of stuff that - how can I say this - is inserting himself into the midst of a contentious public debate and making himself the focus of media attention thereby - IOW, a distraction to the team and its goals.  Oh, yes, and isn't supported by the NFL's own data.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This, both of them. 

Beasley has some valid concerns about the current NFL protocols.  Testing vaccinated players and staff every 14 days is probably not often enough for the current situation - they get tested immediately if they have symptoms, but that means asymptomatic and presymptomatic infections go undetected. 

Allowing vaccinated players to circulate in the community and socialize with friends and families on road trips is also not a great idea for the current situation, as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers found out. 

He also is tweeting a bunch of stuff that - how can I say this - is inserting himself into the midst of a contentious public debate and making himself the focus of media attention thereby - IOW, a distraction to the team and its goals.  Oh, yes, and isn't supported by the NFL's own data.

Thankfully this is football and I can 100%  put aside politics .. I only care about football  

And this team needs Beasley... We aren't winning anything in the playoffs without him I'll tell you that 

You don't replace an All-Pro quality slot receiver with the next guy.. he's literally uncoverable one on one 

If you want to win a super bowl we need Cole Beasley

44 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I highly doubt that with his stance 

It's obviously a hot button issue with him.. don't see him flipping

His self-image is clearly that he's an Independent Thinker and Crusader for the Rights of the Voiceless and Downtrodden.  That's Some *****, but it's psychologically powerful and hard to let go.  He's also tweeted some hints of Conspiracy Stuff, and that's pernicious.

Which, come to think of it, illustrates @JGMcD2's point upthread that "Demonizing people who aren’t vaccinated and admonishing those who take awhile to come around is just a bad idea all around."  If  a guy takes a public stance, it doesn't help his ability to change his mind if he knows he's going to take a ton of ***** if he changes that stance.  It may not be a deciding factor, but it's there, like the lingering scent of a dead woodchuck.

Just to be clear again, I repeatedly point out it's Beasley's choice to be unvaccinated and that some of the things he's saying are correct.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thankfully this is football and I can 100%  put aside politics .. I only care about football  

And this team needs Beasley... We aren't winning anything in the playoffs without him I'll tell you that 

You don't replace an All-Pro quality slot receiver with the next guy.. he's literally uncoverable one on one 

If you want to win a super bowl we need Cole Beasley

I See No Lies.  And it's his right to choose not to be vaccinated.  But I hope he can be persuaded to Keep His Word, and Step Away from the Distraction of tweeting, as he said he would.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

If he got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, he can now be considered fully vaccinated sometime in mid or late October.

Too bad these guys aren't even considering the J & J vaccine.

Heck if any of these guys went out today after our game against the Packers and got the J & J shot they'd be fully vaccinated by the time we kick off against Pittsburgh.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He took it, that's the point.  🎉🎉🎉

When someone I've been talking to, slowly and patiently over months, finally hits a tipping point and decides it's in their interest to get vaccinated, I don't say "what took you so long?"  I say "That's Great News, I'm so happy to hear that!  I'm gonna sleep a bit better tonight!"

What do you say to the one's telling you they felt bullied, threatened or forced to do it?  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, White Linen said:

What do you say to the one's telling you they felt bullied, threatened or forced to do it?  

Exactly. I mean, do we like him more now?  I really don’t care how many Bills choose one or the other. It’s personal, and should stay that way. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Exactly. I mean, do we like him more now?  I really don’t care how many Bills choose one or the other. It’s personal, and should stay that way. 

It's personal right up until the moment it affects the team negatively. We got a firsthand taste of that this week.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

So if a vaccinated player gets sick and infects others does he get hate ?? 

If a person wearing a selt belt gets injured in a car accident, do we pretend seatbelts don't work? The bigger issue here is that unvaccinated players are at risk to be sent home for days at a time. What happened this week could happen during the season right before a game. It's not up for debate, if you don't get the vaccine you are risking your availability for a game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thing is he most likely won't get sick since he is vaccinated. If he wasn't vaccinated it might be worse.

30 minutes ago, White Linen said:

You tell them to smarten up.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills said:

Thing is he most likely won't get sick since he is vaccinated. If he wasn't vaccinated it might be worse.

You tell them to smarten up.

You don't need to be sick to be impacted tho... You get it, You're on the list... Close contact people go on the list too right? 

Still missing time.. 40% of cases are asymptomatic, vaccine or not

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You don't need to be sick to be impacted tho... You get it, You're on the list... Close contact people go on the list too right? 

Yes it is possible a vaccinated Bills player will test positive and have to miss time. No one is going to blame that person. But unvaccinated players have more risks irrespective of how effective the vaccine is at preventing infection. If two players are deemed a close contract with a positive case only the unvaccinated player has to miss 5 days. It has nothing to do with preventing yourself from getting sick, it's just that NFL protocol makes it more likely an unvaccinated player will miss time. There are a lot of NFL protocols I have disagreed with. I think players should be free to use marijuana for pain management. But if a player tested positive for marijuana use I would still blame the player. Rules are rules.

5 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Or he got the message that he was in danger of being cut.  They didn't want a WR room with half un-vaxed?

Given the injury and Stevenson's punt return TD.  It's possible he woke up to that reality.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Yes it is possible a vaccinated Bills player will test positive and have to miss time. No one is going to blame that person. But unvaccinated players have more risks irrespective of how effective the vaccine is at preventing infection. If two players are deemed a close contract with a positive case only the unvaccinated player has to miss 5 days. It has nothing to do with preventing yourself from getting sick, it's just that NFL protocol makes it more likely an unvaccinated player will miss time. There are a lot of NFL protocols I have disagreed with. I think players should be free to use marijuana for pain management. But if a player tested positive for marijuana use I would still blame the player. Rules are rules.

I agree

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I say "I'm sorry you feel that way", but I doubt anyone literally smashed them up against the wall and threatened them or bullied them.

Their union made the vaccine optional.

Their union also signed off on unvaccinated players following last year's protocols.

The NFLPA has said repeatedly including on Twitter "if you feel you are being coerced or threatened to get vaccinated, we want to know.

31 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Correct, unvaccinated close contacts are out 5 days, vaccinated have to test (I believe) but are not out.

Last statement on % symptomatic is incorrect per latest CDC data with Delta variant, Gentle reminder to keep it away from general covid discussion.

50 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think an unvaccinated player who gets sick and infects others should get hate.  He's sick!  Unless he's being an asshat about it, he should get sympathy!

The vaccinated player has taken extra steps in his power to prevent this, and the unvaccinated player has not, which is of course why some people feel differently.

That said, I think Arians and Tampa have it right, and the current protocols aren't sufficient

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

How many players have gotten sick and nearly died  before the vaccine ? Or spread it to family members and they have gotten ill or passed away ?

Regarding football depends on your point of view.  If more personally saw family members get sick or got sick themselves they may have gotten shots.  Having teammates and staff getting sick obviously does not impact some despite team members repeatedly saying fellow players are family.

Administrators

9,662 posts

Popular Post

Posted September 15, 2020

Hey everyone... Enjoying 2020 to its fullest? 😀

It's different time for everyone and that includes our community. A lot has transpired this year and with the lack of many activities over the past few months, many have used our community as a pressure release. A good portion has been helpful, other portions not so much. Regardless of the last few crazy months we have endured, I'd like to reiterate that we run a Buffalo Bills community here. This is not a politics-based community, a health-based community, nor a social-awareness community. We are here to talk football, with some light-hearted chatter on the side. 

The internet is filled with places to have serious discussions (or not so serious) regarding all aspects of life. Please use them to scratch those itches. Please come here to talk about the Bills (or SabreSpace to talk about the Sabres!). 

I know the Venn diagram of social-awareness and the NFL has overlapped significantly this season. I have always considered topics where those two intersect to be reasonable discussion points, but the discussions themselves have not. Moving forward posts regarding NFL social-awareness issues will need to be TIGHTLY FOCUSED on the topic, if even posted at all. Comments need to be self-moderated to address whatever policy is being discussed (general awareness, procedure, etc...). Discussing personal viewpoints (sufficiently supported or not) whether something like racism is everywhere or nowhere belongs on a more appropriate platform. If you are posting something to battle... to "own the other side"... don't. The season is here and it is time to move on.

It is impossible to layout precisely what actions may take place on any given comment - but post removal, warnings and suspensions are tools we have to keep the train on the track. Please self-moderate. Please be considerate. Keep societal hot takes to yourself or post on Twitter. Community first.

Although I am happy many felt comfortable to turn here to discuss life's crazy events, our community really needs to return to our main mission. Go Bills

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We really don't know what's going on inside the meeting rooms and inside the clubhouse.

Remember, McDermott is the one who was observed getting all up in Matt Fairburn's face chest-to-chest and chewing him out "Are you With Us, or Against Us?" for some reason - I don't remember the specifics.....Fairburn has an MMA background IIR and was un-flapped by it, but I think it was a momentary glance at the inner Sean Mcdermott.

Point is, McDermott comes across as a level-headed and patient man in front of the press, but he is still a successful HS wrestler, a college football player who made good as a walk on, and a football coach wrangling players who are a good foot taller and twice his mass.

I wouldn't bet the rent that hes all sweetness and nice in private.

I don't blame McD at all. I'd have to search to dig it up, but there were some in depth articles about how the Pats have a long standing practice of mining AFC East media for intel to gain comptative advantages. And how the Bills had been one of the worst teams in the league at giving away key information during media sessions.  

• Agree 1