Should President Biden be Impeached?

Asking for your honest, non-partisan thoughts on the unfortunate events that have transpired.  Just a pre-cursory to the douchary that will be the “it’s all Trump’s fault” trolls, let’s ignore them and keep the focus on the current administration.

My thoughts…. Awful.  Lives lost, fingers pointed and nothing but catastrophes both foreign and domestic.  All in the name of rage politics.  The dangerous game that Washington played leading up to the election is like a wildfire that has now raged itself out of control.  I don’t think there’s anyone I wouldn’t want to see gone at this point.  What say you?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

Asking for your honest, non-partisan thoughts on the unfortunate events that have transpired.  Just a pre-cursory to the douchary that will be the “it’s all Trump’s fault” trolls, let’s ignore them and keep the focus on the current administration.

My thoughts…. Awful.  Lives lost, fingers pointed and nothing but catastrophes both foreign and domestic.  All in the name of rage politics.  The dangerous game that Washington played leading up to the election is like a wildfire that has now raged itself out of control.  I don’t think there’s anyone I wouldn’t want to see gone at this point.  What say you?

What would be the grounds for impeachment?

1 minute ago, snafu said:

What would be the grounds for impeachment?

It would fall under the circumstances of the misdemeanor category, I would believe.  There’s quite a bit that can be tied to it.  Again, I’m not advocating it because it sets a bad precedent, but I am firmly in the “he’s now proven himself unfit for office “, party.

• Haha (+1) 1

He wouldn’t know anyways.

They do need to turn the operation over to the military and take it out of the politicians hands. 

Id much rather actions are taken to avoid more soldiers being killed unnecessarily.

I could care less  about another bs impeachment farce. We’ve had 3 now in my life. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

It would fall under the circumstances of the misdemeanor category, I would believe.  There’s quite a bit that can be tied to it.  Again, I’m not advocating it because it sets a bad precedent, but I am firmly in the “he’s now proven himself unfit for office “, party.

(1) The House is Democrat-controlled.

(2) This is basically the same idea that was tried on Trump Twice.

(3) Reminds me of Sam Wyche:  "You don't live in Cleveland".

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, snafu said:

(1) The House is Democrat-controlled.

(2) This is basically the same idea that was tried on Trump Twice.

(3) Reminds me of Sam Wyche:  "You don't live in Cleveland".

If I was a Republican House member I would vote "No".  Why let the Dem's off the hook and eliminate the #1 "tool" to regain House and Senate control... Joe Biden.  Its the Democrats mess.  They nominated him to present a moderate front to the voters.  So let them deal with the consequences.  And so far I haven't seen a chorus line of party faithful lining up and applauding the President's performance the past few weeks.  So everyone is under "the cone of silence" right now.

13 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Nope, Biden and his gang should be court marshalled, found guilty and sentenced to death for treason!

Making a death threat against the POTUS and VPOTUS on the same day as terrorist attack on the USMC and USN.  You're really, really smart, aren't you?

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Making a death threat against the POTUS and VPOTUS on the same day as terrorist attack on the USMC and USN.  You're really, really smart, aren't you?

Hey dummie, this whole shitshow has gone way past impeachment or resigning or are you not smart enough to understand that!

As of now, no. It's not a crime to be a bad, ineffective leader. 

As I said in the Afghanistan thread, if ISIS starts torturing or executing Americans left behind and things go from horror to barbaric there, I'd say yes.

I think deliberately leaving American citizens behind, ultimately leading to their mistreatment and or death, is behavior incompatible with the function and purpose of being President. I can't fathom a President doing it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Need to get to 2/3 next November and remove more than just useless Biden:

The United States Constitution (Article I, Section 5, Clause 2) provides that "Each House [of Congress] may determine the Rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member."

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, dpberr said:

As of now, no. It's not a crime to be a bad, ineffective leader. 

As I said in the Afghanistan thread, if ISIS starts torturing or executing Americans left behind and things go from horror to barbaric there, I'd say yes.

I think deliberately leaving American citizens behind, ultimately leading to their mistreatment and or death, is behavior incompatible with the function and purpose of being President. I can't fathom a President doing it. 

At some point you gotta wonder what the ***** were they doing there in the first place. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Frat-Train said:

Oh @Deranged Rhino go back to your safe place you fraud.

Ann is waiting for you. 

• Vomit 1

7 hours ago, hemma said:

Need to get to 2/3 next November and remove more than just useless Biden:

The United States Constitution (Article I, Section 5, Clause 2) provides that "Each House [of Congress] may determine the Rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member."

If nothing else, the stage is set.  Completely agree.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

No.  A horrendous decision and if I am him I am wondering if I should resign out of principle.  But there is nothing impeachable about a President making a horrible decision.  Reagan lost the Marines in Lebanon and I would not have called for his impeachment either.

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Frat-Train said:

I think so...many in the msm are already referring to this as one of the greatest US debacles ever, so there needs to be an investigation into the decision making that led to...

-Loss of life

-Arming the Taliban more than they’ve ever been

-Making back door deals with a terrorist group without telling our allies

-Stranding US citizens

-Giving names of Americans and their addresses, still in Afghanistan, to a terrorist group after there have already been been reports of beatings...and some in the media are referring to this as treason...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

Huh?  So they want him to resign....so what?  Are they going to put the country through some sham impeachment proceedings? I'm guessing most members in the opposition party would ALWAYS want the other party's President to resign, and that's even without the current mess.  Again.....so?

8 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I think so...many in the msm are already referring to this as one of the greatest US debacles ever, so there needs to be an investigation into the decision making that led to...

-Loss of life

-Arming the Taliban more than they’ve ever been

-Making back door deals with a terrorist group without telling our allies

-Stranding US citizens

-Giving names of Americans and their addresses, still in Afghanistan, to a terrorist group after there have already been been reports of beatings...and some in the media are referring to this as treason...

That last one…. I just can’t wrap my brain around why that isn’t a much bigger story, everywhere.  This was a great opportunity for many of the media that have lost viewers, to bring them back by reporting this, with integrity.  But I can’t say I’m surprised.  

• Agree 1

On 8/26/2021 at 8:02 PM, Unforgiven said:

trump-batman-signal-biden.jpg

Please.  He cut the deal.  And he didn't even bother to end the forever war when doing it.  The withdrawal from Afghanistan has been horrible.  But here's the reality: it was always going to be horrible, not matter who did it and no matter when it was done.  So spare me the "someone else who had the chance to do the same thing for four years but didn't bother to do it himself would have been better" nonsense.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Frat-Train said:

That last one…. I just can’t wrap my brain around why that isn’t a much bigger story, everywhere.  This was a great opportunity for many of the media that have lost viewers, to bring them back by reporting this, with integrity.  But I can’t say I’m surprised.  

@Deranged Rhino - lmao - please

stop with the charade. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886u0ureej83kd4l49jxe

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Please.  He cut the deal.  And he didn't even bother to end the forever war when doing it.  The withdrawal from Afghanistan has been horrible.  But here's the reality: it was always going to be horrible, not matter who did it and no matter when it was done.  So spare me the "someone else who had the chance to do the same thing for four years but didn't bother to do it himself would have been better" nonsense.  

Excuses excuses excuses 

What does Trump have to do with the order in which the evacuation took place? 
The cult of biden would bend itself into a pretzel to defend him. 

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

The ONLY ones bringing the former President into this discussion are those trying to save the reputation of the current nitwit. Your guy’s in charge now. Enjoy the ride! 

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This is all by design…  The MAGA President put the Taliban first at the cost of numerous American and Afghan lives. 

No matter what Biden does or does not do - nothing will change the fact that Trump will go down as the worst, most corrupt POTUS in our lifetime. The number of Americans who lost their lives to COVId due to his neglect will be studied for generations to come.  That is, of course, assuming the GQP doesn’t stage another coop and absolutely destroy our republic for this POS:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886bybihv8jveiei0vmux

4 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

Excuses excuses excuses 

What does Trump have to do with the order in which the evacuation took place? 
The cult of biden would bend itself into a pretzel to defend him. 

Please point to the last war we lost where a POTUS surrendered not

to the government we paid for BUT cut a deal w a terrorist org instead?

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The ONLY ones bringing the former President into this discussion are those trying to save the reputation of the current nitwit. Your guy’s in charge now. Enjoy the ride! 

The latest benchmark seems to be comparing the attack on the Marines in 1983 in an effort to provide cover for Biden in 2021.   

You don’t have to be an expert to know that 1983 was the Stone Age with respect to military capability, intelligence operations, artificial intelligence, our ability to protect soldiers and civilians if we choose to do so, and one would think...the limitless amount of technological data available to those in charge. Hell it was the Stone Age relative to just about everything from a technology standpoint, but that won’t stop people from pretending that doesn’t matter. 

On the heels of this Biden cluster*ck, the most miraculous thing happened.  The US military was able to find, track, target and kill a key operative/austere scholar while he sat in the passenger seat of a 1991 Renault Clio rolling along some back road in one of the -stans listening to the Boyz2Men singing “End of the Road” on Sirius 80s on 8. 

In fact, the only real similarity is that in 1983, our current president was then a 40 year old senator running the halls with Teddy Chappaquiddick (ironically another non-resigner) well past middle aged at that point in time.   

Impeachment is not an option, he’s far too vain to resign (and likely lacks the ability to formulate a plan to do so) and so long as his lockstep voting bloc continues to roll out “...buh—-buh—-buh—-Lebanon 1983!” nothing changes.  

Next up from the Joe’s all good crowd:  “True fact:  FDR didn’t resign in 1942 ...”. 

1983. Good Lord.