PostGame Thread Bills @ Bears

4 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

you want a 2nd rounder who had a great game today cut? At least one sack, many pressures and a blocked kick. Guessing you’re joking?

that’s not what I said at all. If you were looking at things evenly, without the idea Basham was a 2nd round pick, Basham would prob be the odd man out. That’s what I said, I also said he clearly isn’t going to be cut. Which is what makes the decision super hard. Obada, Addison, or Johnson is going and I think I’d lean towards cutting Addison but I don’t think that happens

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Bills are a deep well coached football team. 

This.  People really need to give McDermott and Beane credit.  They've done exactly what they said they were going to, in exactly the way they said it.  

What I find amazing is that this the second pre-season game, and there were essentially NO preseason mistakes.  Even the Smith hit was just an over-aggressive play.   This team is so well organized.  Everyone knows what to do, every play, and they do it.  Trubisky was executing the offense like it was his team and HE was going to the Super Bowl.   Defense was excellent, persistent pass rush, great pursuit, tight coverages, except when Wildgoose let James get deep. 

Just all around excellent play, and it was the second team!   Just great. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

“It was actually kind of slow to me” - Justin Fields, talking about NFL game speed.

”9/19, 80 yards, 2 sacks” -Justin Fields against the Bills 3rd and 4th string defense.

Fields looked pretty frustrated at the game's end.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

If ya can’t be on the beach, this is second best way to spend a Saturday afternoon! Dominating performance all around. Some positions became clearer today and I think a couple younuns’ made the team. Need info on a couple injuries -dammit!🤬

Post your thoughts.

Nice little beach with a decent taco stand right by the Bears stadium.........could have have had BOTH.

image.thumb.png.82f3178b9cc0457009db7cbd35a1085a.png

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Can’t fix everything, but it would be nice if we could turn the longest held weakness in nfl history into a strength.   Bill starting tight end.  Knox with another drop.  No one is surprised.  I really like hollister as a pass catcher, but he’s more WR than TE imo.  Hopefully he can improve as a blocker.

Yeah, Hollister looks more like Kumerow out there than a TE. But he's got some wheel and is definitely a mismatch for most LB's. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Do yourself a favor and watch #50 every time he's on the field. Unreal performance for a rookie after a year off from football.

Someone said he fell in the draft because of a bad day at the combine.   And I guess people weren't willing to take a chance on him because he only had one season in college.   And it was hard to bet on him, because he doesn't have the raw speed of a great edge rusher or the strength of a power guy.  

I remember when the Bills drafted him, I kept looking at his highlights, and you could see how unusual he was.  It was primarily his ability to use his arms to keep the blocker off him while he read the play, couple with the athleticism to make a move while engaged that way.   The more I watched, the more intrigued I became, because he just looked like a playmaker.  And lo and behold, that's what he is.  He's a problem on almost every play.   

Once again, Beane's done his homework.   Character, size, talent.   

• Like (+1) 7

12 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I was focused on the Bills oline. The starting 5 was Dawkins, Feliciano, Bates, Ford, and Brown.  Brown played a few series at RT and moved over to LT.  Doyle came in at RT for Brown.  Hart came in later and was called for holding on a play.  Looks like Hart was dropped down the depth chart.

Both Morse and Darryl Williams sat out this game.  Boettger played both LG and RG.  

Looks like Bills are leaning towards 9 OL.  Dawkins, Feliciano, Morse, Ford, Williams, Boettger, Brown, Doyle, and Bates.

Great post.

I like what I saw from the defensive line today, as we all did, but I think the offensive production, and especially keeping Josh healthy, is dependent on the offensive line.

Using second stringers, getting first downs time after time, it is exciting to consider what Diggs and  Beas can do.

• Like (+1) 1

My biggest negative:  McKenzie.  Bills simply cannot afford to have a guy mishandle punts.   He's been dropping them since he arrived in Buffalo.   Every season he's looked better and better at receiver, and today he was solid there.   Doesn't matter.  Can't muff punts.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Mitch is far and away the best backup in the league, played a nice game.  

I don’t see how you can let Zimmer get away, guy is fun to watch.

Boogie looked destined to IR.  He’s just not as good as any of the others yet.  Otherwise O’bada looks like a cut.

McKenzie, get this guy on the field, he was killing it out there.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I was focused on the Bills oline. The starting 5 was Dawkins, Feliciano, Bates, Ford, and Brown.  Brown played a few series at RT and moved over to LT.  Doyle came in at RT for Brown.  Hart came in later and was called for holding on a play.  Looks like Hart was dropped down the depth chart.

Both Morse and Darryl Williams sat out this game.  Boettger played both LG and RG.  

Looks like Bills are leaning towards 9 OL.  Dawkins, Feliciano, Morse, Ford, Williams, Boettger, Brown, Doyle, and Bates.

Boettger played LG and RG. He is very solid. Have to keep him. Fringe starter, great backup at OG

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Someone said he fell in the draft because of a bad day at the combine.   And I guess people weren't willing to take a chance on him because he only had one season in college.   And it was hard to bet on him, because he doesn't have the raw speed of a great edge rusher or the strength of a power guy.  

I remember when the Bills drafted him, I kept looking at his highlights, and you could see how unusual he was.  It was primarily his ability to use his arms to keep the blocker off him while he read the play, couple with the athleticism to make a move while engaged that way.   The more I watched, the more intrigued I became, because he just looked like a playmaker.  And lo and behold, that's what he is.  He's a problem on almost every play.   

Once again, Beane's done his homework.   Character, size, talent.   

I think our poster Coach Tuesday called him a Gumby Octopus. Home run pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

Boogie looked destined to IR.  He’s just not as good as any of the others yet.  Otherwise O’bada looks like a cut.

McKenzie is our 'X' factor for certain. He helped sparked a few games last year.

He isn't a 'wow' starter, but is the type of guy every elite offense needs, and he adds some ST ability

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't promote these hits but the Bills smell blood this season. There's a difference in attitude. 

I think it was after the game, an NFL Network announcer said Fields blew the call on the blocking assignments.  He was supposed to have identified Smith as a potential rusher and adjusted the blocking.   That's the kind of thing that keeps rookies on the sideline.   Or gets them injured.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Daboll to Nagy, “He’s my Mitch now”. (In his Huggy Bear voice)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

My biggest negative:  McKenzie.  Bills simply cannot afford to have a guy mishandle punts.   He's been dropping them since he arrived in Buffalo.   Every season he's looked better and better at receiver, and today he was solid there.   Doesn't matter.  Can't muff punts.  

I mean he did fine on the rest of his returns.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

The thing is, right now he’s winning with traits. Consistently. God help us when his technique levels up.

He's doing exactly what he did in college which internet scouts didn't think he could do in the NFL because he was tall and skinny. 

He has a long way to go but he just seems to understand hand placement and it allows him to keep one arm free to affect the play. Nothing real fancy but very affective as we saw at Miami. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

the depth CB Nick McCloud keeps showing up.

Pick 6 called back in game 1 for a bad call

Pick today again and a Pass defensed

I'm not sure Wildgoose or Dane Jackson has shown better

We should keep an eye on this kid. He can play.

He has the fastest 40 of any of our CB's, Tre included. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Bills knocked him around. I would have been furious if I were a Bears fan watching the franchise out there into the 4th.

So he’s a franchise QB already after playing in two preseason games ?

• Like (+1) 1