Gameday Thread Preseason #2 Bills @ Bears 8/21 2nd Half Thread

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Cleveland moved because of Art Modell. Not because their stadium was getting old. And Soldier Field and Lambeau field are looked at as historical landmarks. That's why they're still standing. They're older than our stadium is. Our stadium is looked at just another stadium. Lambeau Field and Soldier Field will stand another 100 years because of that

Soldier Field isn't 100 years old. It's 19.  The facade surrounding the building is 100 years old.

Lambeau Field had an inflation adjusted 455 million dollar renovation in 2001 and another 150 million dollar reno in 2013.

And you are right, our stadium isn't in the group of historical stadia, nor should it be. It's old, and not everything old is historical.

And FWIW, Cleveland moved because the city jerked Art Modell around about a stadium for a LONG time.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

That call ticks me off. It felt like instinct for the ref to throw it because it “looked bad”. Helmet comes off -throw the flag. Looked close, but more shoulder to me. 

this.  Smith's head is up.  Clean tackle.  Over reaction by ref.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Nah.....replay shows direct helmet to helmet. Monster hit.

Their helmets might have hit but it was effeminately more face mask to face mask.  Smith didn't lower his head and blast him.

auto correct for the win ............ I'm leaving effeminately in there just because.

Edited by Maine-iac
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

We still have Gilliam who can do it and they can run extra linemen out there. Interestingly Hollister is still in with the 3rd teamers. Which tells me after Knox, Hollister and Sweeney (who is hurt) the Bills don't think they have anything at tight end. 

If Sweeney is on IR I think 7 WRs is very plausible.

I think Knox and Hollister are very decent. Are they exceptional? No. Are they acceptable? Yes. Gilliam is a bruiser, but is mainly a FB. I like Sweeney, at the least as a blocking TE who may make a few grabs.

Ultimately I think the Bills will sift through the waiver wire for more depth at TE. 7 WRs may benefit us in the open field, but in goal line and short yardage situations the lack of depth at TE will kill us. No more QB sweeps with Josh, no more RPO, no more power run, dive plays, HB toss plays etc. Where it matters the most we’re literally screwed.

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Their helmets might have hit but it was effeminately more face mask to face mask.  Smith didn't lower his head and blast him.

To me on the replay it looked like helmet to sholder, then his helmet rose up due to the force of the hit onto JF's very loose helmet

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Victory Formation said:

I think Knox and Hollister are very decent. Are they exceptional? No. Are they acceptable? Yes. Gilliam is a bruiser, but is mainly a FB. I like Sweeney, at the least as a blocking TE who may make a few grabs.

Ultimately I think the Bills will sift through the waiver wire for more depth at TE. 7 WRs may benefit us in the open field, but in goal line and short yardage situations the lack of depth at TE will kill us. No more QB sweeps with Josh, no more RPO, no more power run, dive plays, HB toss plays etc. Where it matters the most we’re literally screwed.

If Sweeney is healthy he makes the team. If he isn't I wouldn't be at all shocked if they go with just 2 and Gilliam as a hybrid. They don't have anyone else.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

auto correct for the win ............ I'm leaving effeminately in there just because.

Facemask-to-facemask is the same thing.... you can't hit the head on a QB in the pocket. That's been the rule for years now.