Around the League Preseason Games Thread

LeGOATski

5 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I like the kid, and he has shown flashes, and I'm sure he will have his struggles. Is he better than Darnold? Time will tell, our team let Darnold down big time, they can't do that with Wilson. 

Well yeah, you can't compare anything to Darnold anyways. And I agree, that staff did him no favors. Curious to see what he does in Carolina with a better staff (which pretty much every teams staff is better than Gase).

Anyways, I agree he will struggle at times as expected with rookie QB's. Unless he surprises and has a rookie season similar to Herbert.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The results of NFL preseason games have little meaning but.............the AFC is currently 32-8-1 vs, the NFC with Jax leading the Cowboys.  Last year's regular season record was 35-28-1 in favor of the AFC.  I did these numbers without benefit of writing anything on  paper so I might be a little off but I think this might be a meaningful trend,  That interconference record is going to tilt even more to the AFC this year.

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Dallas better hope Dak remains healthy all year or that he can play with a walker. 

Having a competent backup is nice. 

I think Davis Webb would be attractive to Dallas. Or even maybe Fromm. The two guys they have competing at backup are beyond awful.

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

The results of NFL preseason games have little meaning but.............the AFC is currently 32-8-1 vs, the NFC with Jax leading the Cowboys.  Last year's regular season record was 35-28-1 in favor of the AFC.  I did these numbers without benefit of writing anything on  paper so I might be a little off but I think this might be a meaningful trend,  That interconference record is going to tilt even more to the AFC this year.

AFC is much the better conference right now. 

1 hour ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I like the kid, and he has shown flashes, and I'm sure he will have his struggles. Is he better than Darnold? Time will tell, our team let Darnold down big time, they can't do that with Wilson. 

Reasonable Jets' fans break my paradigm. I'm not sure you really exist.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Surprised to hear that John Brown is on the bubble and fighting to make the raiders roster.

Well, when you've got the likes of Zay Jones ahead of you....

Speaking of, he's being interviewed on the sideline and just said "trust the process." He's trying to make his way back to the Bills.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't tell me let me guess...he looks good?

Not really.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jamar chase has had a terrible preseason and TC

Totally agree.  Somewhere between college and the pros his hands quit working.

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It has to be psychological at this point.  He drops so many passes he could start for the Steelers.

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty fascinating. The reports had been that he was coming off an awesome week of practices too. Still feels like he's bound to be a valuable fantasy guy in the very least but it'll be interesting. Their receiving corps is good enough that he could end up being a disappointment at least this year.

39 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Well, when you've got the likes of Zay Jones ahead of you....

Speaking of, he's being interviewed on the sideline and just said "trust the process." He's trying to make his way back to the Bills.

He's in a weirdly tough position because Renfrow is almost certainly the slot guy there. Ruggs is the deep guy there and that's really Brown's thing. Edwards is probably the other wideout and he can be utilized differently than Brown generally is. It's obviously not the strongest receiving corps but the spots are still essentially spoken for.

Edited by DCOrange

16 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He's in a weirdly tough position because Renfrow is almost certainly the slot guy there. Ruggs is the deep guy there and that's really Brown's thing. Edwards is probably the other wideout and he can be utilized differently than Brown generally is. It's obviously not the strongest receiving corps but the spots are still essentially spoken for.

True, but he should be a backup easily. Not fighting for a spot.

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

True, but he should be a backup easily. Not fighting for a spot.

I would guess the only reason it might be a question is because of the money. They're probably trying to figure out if a backup WR is worth ~$4 mil or if they can get by with cheaper options that they might feel decent about.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Daniel Jones trying to do his best Josh impersonation rolling right and throwing back to his left In the end zone only right into the hands of a pats defender. 

Probably another long year with him at the helm. 

Once again the NFL Network has deemed WNY is in the Giant market so no game for us.

14 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’m watching it on DTV in Buffalo 

It's not on the NFLN on Spectrum. 

Oh...this is interesting.  The NFL app version of NFLN Live apparently has the game.  Normally that doesn't happen.

Is there a bigger asshat in football that Scott Zolack? I mean I get homer announcers, but this guy is on another level of *Pats douchebaggery. Jones threw like 4 crap passes in a row and Zolack is talking about how great his body language is and how he’s doing so great as a rookie overcoming adversity. Holy sht this guy is a clown. I would seriously love to see someone punch him right in his face. God I hate the Cheatriots and everything associated with them.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

Is there a bigger asshat in football that Scott Zolack? I mean I get homer announcers, but this guy is on another level of *Pats douchebaggery. Jones threw like 4 crap passes in a row and Zolack is talking about how great his body language is and how he’s doing so great as a rookie overcoming adversity. Holy sht this guy is a clown. I would seriously love to see someone punch him right in his face. God I hate the Cheatriots and everything associated with them.

There's a lot of Patriots fans that want him fired at this point. On top of being a ***** announcer, he's also just a piece of ***** person.