Around the League Preseason Games Thread

LeGOATski

Just now, SCBills said:

Steelers starting O looks good.  Ben looks healthy and Najee/Freiermuth making plays. 

Steelers starting OL is brand new so we’ll have to test it out early and often.. Ben does a great job getting rid of the ball quick though. 

Ben is going to go back to last year. Getting the ball out quick so he doesn’t get hit. But which Ben shows up Sunday is ALWAYS the question. Home Ben or Turnover Road Ben?  

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Mediocre arm strength. Lack of anticipation. Mediocre field vision. He is making simple reads and throws today. You'll have to wait until the regular season to see what I mean.

That's if those things haven't improved. Miami hasn't opened the offense up since Fuller, Parker, and Wilson are out.

Edited by DolFAN93

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Hopefully he’s not JA 2.0 lol.

Even if he has all the core elements that created 17, it is highly unlikely the same environment exists there to meld them properly and produce another Josh Allen.

Edited by Coastie

1 minute ago, Coastie said:

Even if he has all the core elements that created 17, it is highly unlikely the same environment exists there to meld them properly and produce another Josh Allen.

I don't think he has those, with or without the environment.

That said he looks good in early action and there's no reason to believe he doesn't have a high ceiling. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

Remember the phins game 2018? 17's rookie year?

JA 5 total TDs in a meaningless game.

Contrast w / 2020 Tua a train wreck in a game that meant everything. 

Tua can't hold #17's athletic support. 

I mean I can't help that he couldn't beat Fitz for the job and then they sent him away so he can't really win the job.

Just now, billsherd said:

Afc east looks too be a strong division. Bills still the team to beat.

Yeah, I don’t really care if the other 3 teams look good. Bills are loaded and the Bills have Josh, no worries.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Afc east looks too be a strong division. Bills still the team to beat.

It's really tough to gauge in preseason.  Jets, Pats and Fins all won convincingly with their 1s playing against the opponents 2s and 3s.  The Bills won with their 2s and 3s vs the Bears 1s and 2s.  I do think that it will be a highly competitive season and each game will be a true contest.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, SCBills said:

Steelers starting O looks good.  Ben looks healthy and Najee/Freiermuth making plays. 

Steelers starting OL is brand new so we’ll have to test it out early and often.. Ben does a great job getting rid of the ball quick though. 

Reason why the Bills drafted length at the DE position. To possibly bat down those quick passes if rush can’t get there

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Duck Dodgers coming in soon for Rams.  Collinsworth says he is better than Allen.

Which Allen, Kyle??

6 hours ago, snowbelt_subie said:

The AFC east is going to be a little tougher for the bills this year all 3 other teams looking like they are moving in the right direction. 

Agreed - Although if the Dolphins and Pats tie their futures to Mac Jones and Tua, I’m not incredibly worried.  I see a ceiling of high end game manager in both of them.  

Zack Wilson is another story… Let’s see how he looks in the regular season, but his ceiling is really high.  

20 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Why do I hate the Browns so much? I swear I used to like them.

For some reason being in Pennsylvania, 15 miles from the Delaware and Maryland borders, is getting me blacked out of the Giants game today. You know, the heart of Giants territory. 🤦‍♂️

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agreed - Although if the Dolphins and Pats tie their futures to Mac Jones and Tua, I’m not incredibly worried.  I see a ceiling of high end game manager in both of them.  

Zack Wilson is another story… Let’s see how he looks in the regular season, but his ceiling is really high.  

seems a little premature but hey whatever floats your boat. 

32 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We'll see. When it comes to QBs, the ceiling is based on the mental part, not the physical part. I don't think anyone said Brady had a high ceiling when he came out, but he became arguably the best ever. Based on that, all these guys are on the same level right now.

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

We'll see. When it comes to QBs, the ceiling is based on the mental part, not the physical part. I don't think anyone said Brady had a high ceiling when he came out, but he became arguably the best ever. Based on that, all these guys are on the same level right now.

Agreed… but Brady and Brees aren’t typical… just like teams shouldn’t just draft a raw athletic QB because, Josh Allen.  

Obviously way too early to know…. but as of now, Wilson is the only guy I see superstar potential in.  His issue will always be that frame… can he hold up?

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agreed… but Brady and Brees aren’t typical… just like teams shouldn’t just draft a raw athletic QB because, Josh Allen.  

Obviously way too early to know…. but as of now, Wilson is the only guy I see superstar potential in.  His issue will always be that frame… can he hold up?

He can in today's overprotective NFL. I see superstar potential in all of them at this point just because they all have seem to have the minimal needed strength and accuracy. We don't know what's going on in their head. We'll know a lot more about Tua after this year.

42 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

For some reason being in Pennsylvania, 15 miles from the Delaware and Maryland borders, is getting me blacked out of the Giants game today. You know, the heart of Giants territory. 🤦‍♂️

It’s a horrible game. 7-7 into the 3rd qtr until the browns finally scored