Around the League Preseason Games Thread

LeGOATski

Kroft sighting...

Just now, HappyDays said:

Wilson has been very impressive. The Jets defense will be garbage this year no matter what but the future of their offense looks bright.

By all accounts the defense was supposed to be their strength. Big loss in Lawson, obviously. 

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Kroft sighting...

By all accounts the defense was supposed to be their strength. Big loss in Lawson, obviously. 

Their secondary is hot garbage and the linebackers are a pretty big question mark even with Mosley back as he's barely played in the last 2 years

• Like (+1) 1

I'm OK with Wilson being good - not afraid they will be good enough to beat us, hopng they beat the Cheats tho

3 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I'm OK with Wilson being good - not afraid they will be good enough to beat us, hopng they beat the Cheats tho

Unfortunately for the Jets, he doesn't to be good. He has to be great. They're going to struggle with all 3 teams in the AFC East this season and Joe Douglas is on year 3 now.. people are going to be expecting playoffs in year 4 and beating strong rosters in Miami and NE then a strong roster with a great QB in Buffalo makes life rough even for a good QB/HC/OC

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

That was smart move by Sallah not to put Wilson back out there.  And IMO it's a nod to the crazy NY city media.  Wilson had an outstanding first half and why risk ending it on a sour note? 

He's also their starter and you typical only play your starter a few series in the 2nd preseason game.

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Wilson is playing against a Packer team that rested 32 players…but it gives the Jets fans hope for a different ending then Sam Darnold brought them…I can see him having a Baker Mayfield type career if everything breaks right for him 

Hard to assess that team they were such a tire fire last year that they have such a low bar to clear.

10 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Ravens Panthers. I hope McCaffrey can start staying healthy the rest of his career. 

Me too, he's a keeper on my fantasy team...

Next question, do I draft Waddle... the kid looks dynamic.

Jinxed....Waddle injured

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Easy drive for the Dolphins. Does anyone else think that Tua has a long wind-up when he throws?

It looks like they are trying to hide Tua in that offense. Quick passes, run the ball, swing throws. Very simple throws where Tua doesn't have to do a lot. Eventually that style is going to let them down.

Just now, HappyDays said:

It looks like they are trying to hide Tua in that offense. Quick passes, run the ball, swing throws. Very simple throws where Tua doesn't have to do a lot. Eventually that style is going to let them down.

His arm strength and ability to push the ball downfield is still very much suspect 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

His arm strength and ability to push the ball downfield is still very much suspect 

The Jets gave Wilson more difficult throws today than the Dolphins are willing to give Tua right now. The one long developing pass play they tried turned into a sack. I just don't see it with him. What is his signature ability?

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Hard to assess that team they were such a tire fire last year that they have such a low bar to clear.

Agreed I have no idea what the regular season for the Jets will be especially when he plays a defense that actually cares…but if he’s just a functioning body that’s good enough for the Jets 

Tua throws a high pass that his receiver has to make a circus catch for, eliminating the possibility of YAC. Then he throws a low pass that Waddle has to dive for and it looks like it touched the ground so probably no catch. Both plays were simple NFL reads and throws that Tua just missed. The Dolphins have a QB problem.

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Tua throws a high pass that his receiver has to make a circus catch for, eliminating the possibility of YAC. Then he throws a low pass that Waddle has to dive for and it looks like it touched the ground so probably no catch. Both plays were simple NFL reads and throws that Tua just missed. The Dolphins have a QB problem.

Yet it lead to a TD anyway 😆 Mention the other perfectly-placed 5-6 balls.

Y'all try to find anything to nitpick against like every QB has to throw the perfect pass everytime. I get it though. 

Edited by DolFAN93

4 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

Yet it lead to a TD anyway 😆 Mention the other perfectly-placed 5-6 balls.

Y'all try to find anything to nitpick against like every QB has to throw the perfect pass everytime. I get it though. 

Yes the Dolphins starting offense scored a TD against the Falcons 2nd team defense. And they did it without Tua making any difficult throws. The one completion to Gesicki was pretty nice, he threw it right before Gesicki turned his head. Other than that it was all very simple short throws to wide open receivers. That works in preseason. I don't see anything that tells me Tua has corrected his issues from last year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yes the Dolphins starting offense scored a TD against the Falcons 2nd team defense. And they did it without Tua making any difficult throws. The one completion to Gesicki was pretty nice, he threw it right before Gesicki turned his head. Other than that it was all very simple short throws to wide open receivers. That works in preseason. I don't see anything that tells me Tua has corrected his issues from last year.

What were his issues from last year?

Edited by DolFAN93

4 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

What were his issues from last year?

Mediocre arm strength. Lack of anticipation. Mediocre field vision. He is making simple reads and throws today. You'll have to wait until the regular season to see what I mean.

Edited by HappyDays

Steelers starting O looks good.  Ben looks healthy and Najee/Freiermuth making plays. 

Steelers starting OL is brand new so we’ll have to test it out early and often.. Ben does a great job getting rid of the ball quick though. 

• Like (+1) 1