John Brown to Raiders

Well, hopefully whatever patchwork line the Raiders trot out this year will give his deeper route tree enough time to develop, otherwise, it will be a long/unfruitful season for Smoke. Wish him luck though. Also, Gruden loves him some ex-Bills! 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Process said:

What the ****

Agreed.  Unless they truly believe Brown wasn’t going to fully be himself after that injury, this makes no sense to me.  

Even on Brown and Allen’s relationship alone 

• Like (+1) 3

He's an older speed guy coming off an injury plagued year...  I don't think people should be shocked.

I'd still rather have Sanders at his price tag.  Love Brown, but he isn't what we need to beat a team like KC with their press man coverage. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

What the ****

I hate Beane.

Fire him now. This off-season has been horrible and just cements that him winning Executive of the Year was a big time fluke. 

This regime is no better than previous regimes... they’re just INCREDIBLY lucky.

^^^ Something along these lines will likely be said 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Process said:

What the ****

Brown was very overrated here and now the market proves it. He lost some of his speed and he isn't getting any younger. He doesn't separate well in man coverage. Isn't particularly QB friendly. Sanders is a lot better.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Process said:

What the ****

Why didn’t Brown just take this offer with us.  Ugghh, unless we didn’t offer at all.  We don’t his health details, but if he would be healthy, he would’ve been a better option than Sanders.  I don’t see this as an upgrade with Sanders.  The truth will come out eventually.  If we could’ve had him for $4 mil. There has to be something.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Virgil said:

Agreed.  Unless they truly believe Brown wasn’t going to fully be himself after that injury, this makes no sense to me.  

He struggled even when healthy to beat physical man coverage. If anything it just shows the Bills know what they're doing. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

Why didn’t Brown just take this offer with us.  Ugghh, unless we didn’t offer at all.  We don’t his health details, but if he would be healthy, he would’ve been a better option than Sanders.  I don’t see this as an upgrade with Sanders.  The truth will come out eventually.  If we could’ve had him for $4 mil. There has to be something.

The Bills cut him for performance reasons. Not money. No pay cut was offered to Brown was the report. That's why he was salty. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

The Bills released Brown

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Huh? His salary with the Bills was 9.5 mil. He wasn’t a FA

Just now, Mcdermott said:

I was under the impression that he couldn’t play in Denver because of his health condition, could be an issue in that division.

He can play there

Stampede, I’ll defer to you brother as I didn’t hear he wasn’t made a pay cut offer.  Probably a sign his injury issues were worse than we thought.   I don’t what the Raiders are doing as they are shedding solid O Lineman.  That center was very good.  Surprised they released him.

Thanks Stampede.  Appreciate the clarification.

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

The Bills released Brown

I know Nucc.  They can always go to a player and rework a contract.  It just tells me they didn’t have the desire.  At worst, they cut and resign lower.  They didn’t have an interest.  I thought before for cap reasons, but obviously not.

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He's toast.

Older, smallish speed guy that isn't physical. And not a great route runner. 

Bills should have utilized McKenzie more in the playoffs. He couldn't have performed worse than Brown.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He struggled even when healthy to beat physical man coverage. If anything it just shows the Bills know what they're doing. 

Is this based off the Chiefs game, where they all struggled?  I’m not saying this to be combative, I’m not not remembering a game where he struggled against press that the entire offense wasn’t also struggling.  

To that point, the Chiefs were man handling our guys downfield and not getting called for it.  That is, until they played the golden boy 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He can play there

He said in an interview after he came back that he couldn't play in Denver due to his sickle cell trait. I remember this distinctly because it was the exact opposite of what his agent had said when he was a FA.

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I know Nucc.  They can always go to a player and rework a contract.  It just tells me they didn’t have the desire.  At worst, they cut and resign lower.  They didn’t have an interest.  I thought before for cap reasons, but obviously not.

ahhh, ok.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Is this based off the Chiefs game, where they all struggled?  I’m not saying this to be combative, I’m not not remembering a game where he struggled against press that the entire offense wasn’t also struggling.  

To that point, the Chiefs were man handling our guys downfield and not getting called for it.  That is, until they played the golden boy 

Both Chiefs games

Ravens last year (he "went off" this year because they directed lots of attention to Diggs and to Beasley)

Browns last year

The whole offense struggling because Beasley, McKenzie, and surprisingly Knox also struggle with this