3rd down defense

There's not much to discuss. The d has been doing this for years. This year, it hasn't been as noticeable because the offense has been good enough to overcome the deficiencies of the defense. This didn't happen in the KC or Titans game, and it almost bit them today. They need some major league coaching to go further in the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

Oliver played well as I could see.

Edmunds had some good moments, but also very bad ones

Oliver did a pretty good job at stalemating Nelson and standing his ground against combination blocks. Forced their backs to find a different hole on more than a few occasions. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They kept blitzing unsuccessfully on 3rd down. The couple of times they did stop them was 4 man rush and coverage behind it. 

If you blitz a guy as experienced as Rivers and don't get home he will find the open guy.

Yep. That second half drive Colts TD drive drove me nuts. They just wouldn’t stop blitzing someone on third down and long, and Rivers is good enough to find the TE sitting down in the zone. It left Tre’ hanging out to dry.

Rivers is good at that, and Frazier should have known better.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

There’s nothing to discuss. Our D just didn’t answer the bell all day long.

They made very untimely mistakes. But ultimately they were picked apart by one of the best regular season QBs in history. He’s quite literally seen it all. His o-line has to be excellent because he’s got the mobility of a walmart hover-round.

49 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

There's not much to discuss. The d has been doing this for years. This year, it hasn't been as noticeable because the offense has been good enough to overcome the deficiencies of the defense. This didn't happen in the KC or Titans game, and it almost bit them today. They need some major league coaching to go further in the playoffs. 

Coaching isn’t the issue we need better players up front just look at our DLine jerry hughes is long in the tooth Ed Oliver is a 2 year player and next year is big for him time to step up. Mario Addison getting old butler is a bust from the panthers quinton Jefferson never really was that guy to cause havoc Harrison Phillips is out there because we have no choice. We have to revamp this hole unit next year. We will go as far as Allen will take us and I hop that rookie running back Williams can bring some juice if he gets a go. P.s great win GO bills 

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Let’s be honest... the D had been at best average for the greater part of the season...

Need to find some front 7 players in the draft,  but finding a true difference maker at 28 is going to be tough..

In Beane we trust ..

This is the truth time for a revamp the hole front 4 and a linebacker I’m not going to mention well because I don’t want to have that talk right now lol. GO bills 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, benderbender said:

They made very untimely mistakes. But ultimately they were picked apart by one of the best regular season QBs in history. He’s quite literally seen it all. His o-line has to be excellent because he’s got the mobility of a walmart hover-round.

Absolutely, as I’ve been giving Rivers major props for his outstanding game. He’s a great QB. 

24 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Too much zone and giving receivers free release off the line of scrimmage was a bad approach.  Tackling today was also poor.  Dropping Hughes into pass coverage didn't fool anyone.  After it didn't work, why repeat it multiple times?  This was a below average game by Milano and Tre White.

Tre definitely blew his assignment on one of those late TD's. He doubled a wr to the center of the field on a post pattern and left the streak all alone. 

4 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

No pass rush at all.. Rivers will find an open man sitting back there in a clean pocket 

We went against one of the best OL in the league.  The Bills got a taste of their own medicine...This is how other defenses feel playing against Josh Allen behind our OL.