Nick Caserio to be new GM of Texans

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I wonder when organizations will learn that ex patriots turn into worts when they are somewhere else. 

True look at how bad Brian Daboll was for us, hmmm I wonder if Caserio would want to bring Daboll to Houston.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 GM spots left open. 

JAX, ATL, DET, CAR, DEN (Maybe WSH)

Most worried about losing Schoen this year to CAR. I think Hurney either ends up the GM in WSH or here in Buffalo under Beane. 

ATL seems to really want Terry Fontenot.

CAR I think will hire Kwesi Adofo-Mensah. Rhule seems to be in charge there and Adofo-Mensah has a strong analytics background which they’re covering. 

Detroit is a wild card.

Jacksonville depends on Urban Meyer IMO. 

Denver will be someone who feels comfortable with Elway. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s the best HC job available 

They have no draft capital for a long time and you will be expected to win immediately.

Chargers right now are the best available IMO, they have the best QB and lots of pieces in place already along with draft picks.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

They have no draft capital for a long time and you will be expected to win immediately.

Chargers right now are the best available IMO, they have the best QB and lots of pieces in place already along with draft picks.

Houston has by far the best QB imo (and don’t think it is close). Draft picks replenish next year. They have all but their 4th in 2022 that they traded for cooks. Whoever goes there will get a 5 year deal anyway. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Yes/No as the lack of 1stcand 2nd picks in the coming draft hurts. Plus I wouldn't be shocked if they try to move JJ Watt in a year or two.

That’s one year. Have to look beyond that. 

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

No. That’s your friends in LA

A good job but not the best. Jmo. 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Charger is much better.... they are a lot closer and they have draft picks this year... and a stud kid QB to groom.

Edited by gordong
  • Like (+1) 6

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think in terms of winning now it might be the best available. The AFC South is wide open it seems every year. Next year is no different. Sure you can go to Jacksonville and take the sure fire QB in Lawrence, but I would rather have Watson as I already know what I have.

I'd still prefer the Chargers in terms of overall talent, but you have to deal with Mahomes twice a year and I don't think they are going down anytime soon.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not surprising given what went down last year 

I think that opens it up for Urban in Houston.

Lots of talk that was who he was looking to bring into Jacksonville. 

I wonder if they go as a package deal there once everything is finalized.

11 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I agree and Hebert/Bosa younger than Watson/Watt. Toss in think Ekeler/Keenan/Williams/Hunter much better skill group than Houston.

Henry is on the franchise tag. Not sure he will be back. Overall, they have no fans and no one cares about them in LA. That’s a tough gig. It’s a good job. Not the best. Herbert played very well this year as a rookie with relatively low expectations. He has a ton to prove going forward with a year on film out there now. Similar to baker rookie year but Herbert isnt a knuckle head. 

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would say Jacksonville ( picks and cap space)

or Chargers ( Great QB and a decent team.

I think the Texans are a shell of a team right now and would require some breaking down before building.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I think the Texans are a shell of a team right now and would require some breaking down before building.

Chargers have talent but they are essentially playing for a Wild Card spot every year. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Jacksonville's owner is as bad as Ralph was in my opinion. I stay away from them if I was any candidate.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

True look at how bad Brian Daboll was for us, hmmm I wonder if Caserio would want to bring Daboll to Houston.

lol this moron thinks daboll has been bad for the bills 😂

but on a more serious note, daboll has spent much more time in other places, asides from patriot land, especially when compared to other ex patriots that have been hired.

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Chargers have talent but they are essentially playing for a Wild Card spot every year. 

Hence the need for a new coaching regime. Daboll understand talent and with a QB in place a good chunk of the talent acquisition is taken care of.

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Jacksonville's owner is as bad as Ralph was in my opinion. I stay away from them if I was any candidate.

Can’t argue that but it’s a clean slate.                Texan’s means he’s got to ingratiate himself with Watson and after watching JJ Watt talk it seems like a decent amount of house cleaning might need to be done. That requires time which is a precious commodity for a new HC.

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

lol this moron thinks daboll has been bad for the bills 😂

but on a more serious note, daboll has spent much more time in other places, asides from patriot land, especially when compared to other ex patriots that have been hired.

True and TBH I hated when we hired him as his OC experience prior was less than ideal as most of his teams struggled passing but of course applaud him for what did this year . Now he might have learned a few things in NE and Alabama and a changed man but there's no guarantee he replicate that same success elsewhere.

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

So is it going to be Daboll or McDaniels?  He has only ever been with the Patriots.

I can't see any team except New England making McDaniels a HC after what he did to the Colts.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Watson is a plus for sure but the team is devoid of draft picks.  

26 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think that opens it up for Urban in Houston.

Lots of talk that was who he was looking to bring into Jacksonville. 

I wonder if they go as a package deal there once everything is finalized.

I thought Urban wanted Pioli.  I also read he's looking for $12M per year.

Just now, whatdrought said:

I too believe being in massive cap hell and having no draft capital is a desirable position to place oneself in.... 

I assume your statement is based entirely on Watson?

A big factor but the draft is back in place next year. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

A big factor but the draft is back in place next year. 

Yeah, but that’s two blue chip players that you just don’t get... that’s like McD coming in here and not getting Tre and not getting Dawkins. 

Chargers are the best job, hands down. 

Top 10 players at QB, WR, DE. Good CB’s. Best safety in the league if he can get healthy. Good running back, good pieces up and down the roster to build around. 

Money to spend and the 13th pick in the draft for an OL. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

5 GM spots left open. 

JAX, ATL, DET, CAR, DEN (Maybe WSH)

Most worried about losing Schoen this year to CAR. I think Hurney either ends up the GM in WSH or here in Buffalo under Beane. 

ATL seems to really want Terry Fontenot.

CAR I think will hire Kwesi Adofo-Mensah. Rhule seems to be in charge there and Adofo-Mensah has a strong analytics background which they’re covering. 

Detroit is a wild card.

Jacksonville depends on Urban Meyer IMO. 

Denver will be someone who feels comfortable with Elway. 

Is Gettleman with the Giants safe?  Kind of amazed that he is.  He'd be another one who if fired may be able to get a job working for Beane.   Is funny how often in the NFL the student eventually becomes the boss of the teacher, think more so than in real life.

I wonder if they'd approach the 49rs to ask what they'd want in compensation for Lynch?  He does has a history with Elway though I think San Fran is a better situation than Denver. (excluding income tax)