Week 15 Around The League

9 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

I'd rather not have Lawrence in the division so this is great.

I tend to agree, but I'm not convinced Lawrence is such a slam dunk franchise QB, like most people seem to think. He's played on an insanely talented college team that completely outmatched their opponents in the vast majority of their games. Again, I'm not saying he won't succeed, but I'm just a little hesitant about a guy whose had a gold-plated road to success...He's going to find things are MUCH different in East Rutherford, or wherever the Jests call home these days.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I tend to agree, but I'm not convinced Lawrence is such a slam dunk franchise QB, like most people seem to think. He's played on an insanely talented college team that completely outmatched their opponents in the vast majority of their games. Again, I'm not saying he won't succeed, but I'm just a little hesitant about a guy whose had a gold-plated road to success...He's going to find things are MUCH different is East Rutherford, or wherever the Jests call home these days.

I absolutely agree, I hate the slam dunk franchise QB talk. I think it happens more these days than ever because the media spotlight shines brighter on college stars. Lawrence is a media sensation and a great football player. I’m not sure if that guarantees him to be the next Elway though. 

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I absolutely agree, I hate the slam dunk franchise QB talk. I think it happens more these days than ever because the media spotlight shines brighter on college stars. Lawrence is a media sensation and a great football player. I’m not sure if that guarantees him to be the next Elway though. 

I guess Deshaun Watson is the counterpoint to that argument, but there is definitely a tendency for college QBs to be mis-evaluated based on the team around them.  Mahomes, Allen and Rodgers all played on pretty bad college teams...   

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

I guess Deshaun Watson is the counterpoint to that argument, but there is definitely a tendency for college QBs to be mis-evaluated based on the team around them.  Mahomes, Allen and Rodgers all played on pretty bad college teams...   

Yea recently Deshaun Watson is the obvious one I think. I suppose to a lesser extent Mayfield and Murray though they are not at the same level in the NFL they are both at least solid starters.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Whoever said Romo has gone downhill as an announcer was 100 percent correct.  He's become a bit of a ball-washer.

He has got lazy. Stopped analysing. He isn't as good as Collinsworth at this stage who can dissect a play post snap as quickly as anyone. Romo just seems to talk you through the slow mo about what happened rather than give you an insight into why. Like a less annoying Troy Aikman.