It's this simple: Josh Allen is currently the best QB in the NFL & He is the Mandalorian!

Chaos

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I love him, but for now he and Mahomes have to doff their caps and bow to Rodgers.  

nope.  not at this time. Rodgers inferior mobility puts him in third place. 

Edited by Chaos

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think any of those stats are measuring what I'm talking about. There are a couple deep passes per game that I see Mahomes complete where Allen historically has overthrown the same pass. Like others have said it helps to have Tyreek Hill catching those but it also requires deep accuracy that up to now Allen just hasn't had. I've been saying all year he needs to put an arc on those passes instead of flying them straight. Today he did that twice and it worked out. I can tell you from the point of release if an Allen deep ball will be completed or not. I think he's starting to figure it out.

He had it figured out pretty well in the first 4 games.  Then he separated his L shoulder and his mechanics fell off a bit.  He seems to be getting them back.

12 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Tipped passes or not.. Mahomes had a 3 int game this year.. And Aaron Rodgers didn't look great tonight.

Mahomes’s worst passer rating game this season was 83.5.  Josh has 5 games in the 70s.  (Mahomes has 3 games under 80 in his entire career). When Josh is dealing, he’s as good as anyone, but he’s still got 18 combined interceptions and fumbles.  Yes that’s getting nitpicky, but when you’re comparing two players having great seasons that’s what you do.

Josh is having a top 4 season with Mahomes, Rodgers, and Wilson.  Those are all HOFers.  Pretty good company to be in...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billl said:

Mahomes’s worst passer rating game this season was 83.5.  Josh has 5 games in the 70s.  (Mahomes has 3 games under 80 in his entire career). When Josh is dealing, he’s as good as anyone, but he’s still got 18 combined interceptions and fumbles.  Yes that’s getting nitpicky, but when you’re comparing two players having great seasons that’s what you do.

Josh is having a top 4 season with Mahomes, Rodgers, and Wilson.  Those are all HOFers.  Pretty good company to be in...

Hard to compare because right now so much is based on history. but for the most part I agree

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Josh has incredible gifts, but 1 final hurdle remains. If I had to guess, I'd say Rogers will get the MVP. Josh will get his though. He's still got many years in front of him. The last impediment to MVP status will fall in 2021 and that is ball security. He's got several more picks than either Rogers or Mahomes and a lot more fumbles. He'll get that fixed though. He just needs to hold that ball more tightly when he's surrounded - especially when he pulls it down to run. It's really just a mindset, a habit if you will. He's too careless with the ball. Fix that and he's the best QB in the NFL.

Hurdle Jump GIF - Hurdle Jump Jumping GIFs

Edited by Houston's #1 Bills Fan

11 minutes ago, Billl said:

exactly. Rarified air Allen is finding himself in this year. And yet not enough for some - you just MUST conclude Allen is THE BEST and no others can even compare currently. It’s silly isn’t it?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

fyi this thread has been posted on the chiefs' board....they not very happy with it!

"These clowns need to be humbled. Badly."

I checked that thread. It's actually alarming how fans can so quickly transition to Patriot-level condescension after just 1 Super Bowl.  

They're convinced that there is no way the Bills could go into Arrowhead in January and beat them, since they had such an "easy" time w/ us in the last game.  

It's the NFL - the Jets beat the Pats in the playoffs after losing 45-3 in the regular season.  I like our chances at KC in the playoffs.  At worst, that game is a coin flip.

Edited by Success

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

exactly. Rarified air Allen is finding himself in this year. And yet not enough for some - you just MUST conclude Allen is THE BEST and no others can even compare currently. It’s silly isn’t it?

He’s saying he’s playing the best right now, relax.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Chaos said:

I know people don't like to believe it, but the Buffalo Bills currently employ the NFL's best QB.  HIs physical talent is without peer. His leadership is #1 as well.  No aspect of his game is not in the Top 5 in the NFL .Overall he is the best. 

love the thought, but we all know who they need to beat for this to be validated  

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

love the thought, but we all know who they need to beat for this to be validated  

Best QB does not always win. Reid > McDermott.  KC Offensive Supporting cast > Bills.  Josh needs to fill the gap. 

17 minutes ago, Success said:

I checked that thread. It's actually alarming how fans can so quickly transition to Patriot-level condescension after just 1 Super Bowl.  

They're convinced that there is no way the Bills could go into Arrowhead in January and beat them, since they had such an "easy" time w/ us in the last game.  

It's the NFL - the Jets beat the Pats in the playoffs after losing 45-3 in the regular season.  I like our chances at KC in the playoffs.  At worst, that game is a coin flip.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be ironic or not. Complaining about Chiefs fans confidence after "just 1 Super Bowl" and yet you think the Bills will beat KC in the playoffs and the "worst" case the game is a coin flip? What's that based on? Blowing out a pretty bad Broncos team? Allen and Mcdermott have 0 playoff wins. Let's wait a little bit before crowning ourselves...

It's pretty clear that Mahomes is the best QB in the league right now. I'd say the 2nd tier is a mix of Allen, Rodgers, Watson, and Wilson (in no particular order). I don't know if anyone other than an extreme Bills homer would rate Allen as the best QB in the league. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'm not sure if you're trying to be ironic or not. Complaining about Chiefs fans confidence after "just 1 Super Bowl" and yet you think the Bills will beat KC in the playoffs and the "worst" case the game is a coin flip? What's that based on? Blowing out a pretty bad Broncos team? Allen and Mcdermott have 0 playoff wins. Let's wait a little bit before crowning ourselves...

It's pretty clear that Mahomes is the best QB in the league right now. I'd say the 2nd tier is a mix of Allen, Rodgers, Watson, and Wilson (in no particular order). I don't know if anyone other than an extreme Bills homer would rate Allen as the best QB in the league. 

I said I like our chances.  I haven't crowned anyone.

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

your entitled to your opinion... I say josh needs to beat Mahomes before anyone outside of bills homers see him as better 

It is  fact the best QB does not always win. Otherwise, Brady would have 19 Super Bowls, & 19 undefeated seasons. Fact.

Not right now.

Allen is still ascending and he's already a top 3 QB in the NFL in 2020.

He is the perfect prototype of a QB physically, mentally, emotionally and competitively. He really is a cyborg in that way. I expect (and really hope) to see Allen go a long stretch of games without missing one. He's built to last.

His deep ball accuracy is what's keeping him from being the best right now. Those 2 deep passes to Diggs yesterday were super encouraging, and if he were to more consistently make those passes accurately the way Mahomes, Rodgers and Wilson do and protect the ball a little better, yes I would agree he's the best in 2020.

He's still getting better, though, and best QB in 2020 isn't even his ceiling, anyway. Dude has decent shot to be the GOAT.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It is  fact the best QB does not always win. Otherwise, Brady would have 19 Super Bowls, & 19 undefeated seasons. Fact.

so Brady was the best QB in the game all 19 years he was in NE? It’s a “fact” he was better than Peyton, better than Rodgers, better than Brees every single year over his run with the Pats? 

it’s true the best QB doesn’t always win the Super Bowl every year, but you sure chose a weak way to back that up.

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It’s a fact Brady’s number one argument supporting his goat status is about rings and wins. 

his individual stats and accolades do not separate him from the other greats nearly as much as the wins. 

The best QBs win maybe not every time but certainly most of the time. It’s that simple

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It’s a fact Brady’s number one argument supporting his goat status is about rings and wins. 

his individual stats and accolades do not separate him from the other greats nearly as much as the wins. 

The best QBs win maybe not every time but certainly most of the time. It’s that simple

So you know my statement is 100% correct. 

45 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

His stats being in the pack with the wins Is what puts him over...

He doesn't need to blow away the competition cause the SB wins do that.

Wins>>>stats

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

So you know my statement is 100% correct. 

whatever you need to tell yourself bud... just saying until josh beats Mahomes, nobody with a real perspective is saying he’s better. 

I want him to be the best like everyone here does. But our kid needs to hoist the trophy and out duel the best to get in that conversation. That’s the overarching fact of facts. 

but you do you...

53 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

His stats being in the pack with the wins Is what puts him over...

He doesn't need to blow away the competition cause the SB wins do that.

Wins>>>stats

yep 100%

A couple of thoughts on this

It was amusing watching a NFL Analyst today look at Teddy B. on TV and watch Teddy destruct when he said Josh Allen was better then Mohommes right now.......it was truly funny like he just couldnt/wouldnt accept it.

Watching Josh Allen's two OL messing with him while he was trying to do that interview after the game.......just like 3 friggen kids after winning the high school state championship (and you get a mental picture of just how big Josh Allen is....he was not THAT much smaller then the 2 300 pound plus monster's who were rolling around with him.

Like kids at the park.....just having fun playing football with all the confidence in the world.

Josh Allen is the quarterback that bills fans DESERVE for sticking with this team through the years of futility........I am 51 years old and I was there crying in my bear through all of those super bowl losses.......to watch this team come around has been a truly beautiful thing.

God bless this team

• Like (+1) 2

The one difference between Josh and those he is compared to is that the others have post season success and Super Bowl titles.  I am talking Mahomes Wilson and Rodgers.  So if that is who Josh is then that is what we can and should expect.  I agree we can have the discussion but without the hardware it’s not an easy debate to persuade others outside WNY.  

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

A couple of thoughts on this

It was amusing watching a NFL Analyst today look at Teddy B. on TV and watch Teddy destruct when he said Josh Allen was better then Mohommes right now.......it was truly funny like he just couldnt/wouldnt accept it.

Watching Josh Allen's two OL messing with him while he was trying to do that interview after the game.......just like 3 friggen kids after winning the high school state championship (and you get a mental picture of just how big Josh Allen is....he was not THAT much smaller then the 2 300 pound plus monster's who were rolling around with him.

Like kids at the park.....just having fun playing football with all the confidence in the world.

Josh Allen is the quarterback that bills fans DESERVE for sticking with this team through the years of futility........I am 51 years old and I was there crying in my bear through all of those super bowl losses.......to watch this team come around has been a truly beautiful thing.

God bless this team

You know its bad when you're crying in your bear . . .

He’s physically the most talented.  That’s where it ends only due to lack of continued success.  Rodgers is absolutely putting on one of, if not the best, QB performances in a single season, ever.  Maholmes is still unreal and Russ has  years in showing he’s elite.  If Josh goes out and leads the team to a SB win, ok, he’s GOT to be in the discussion, but he’s got to prove it all first.  I won’t argue, he’s move himself solidly into the top 8 guys without question, I have him in the top 5 without question, but the Top 5 are all so good, there is question on who is the best and that’s why we have to default to body of work.

On 12/19/2020 at 8:19 PM, unclepete said:

I think he deserves more mvp buzz

So far, he’s ranked third behind Mahomes, and Rodgers.  Mahomes has the Falcons and Chargers.  Rodgers has the Titans (solid opponent), and Bears.

Maybe with an outstanding finish for Allen, maybe he climbs to second, but Mahomes is just not going to lose these games.  He’s going to get it again.

10 hours ago, Chaos said:

Best QB does not always win. Reid > McDermott.  KC Offensive Supporting cast > Bills.  Josh needs to fill the gap. 

I think if Milano and Edmunds are healthy (unlike the last time we met the Chiefs) then that run game gets stopped.  Mahomes then has to take what the Bills backend gives...It will be a far more tighter game. It might come down to which QB gets the ball last.

But think about it, Brees has been one of the most underrated QB’s the last 20 years and has never won MVP.  It’s too bad as we’ve heard so much about Brady and Manning, amd Brees has far more 70% completion years than those two.   All three are HOF’ers.  Allen needs to win in the playoffs and everyone will notice.

17 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

He’s physically the most talented.  That’s where it ends only due to lack of continued success.  Rodgers is absolutely putting on one of, if not the best, QB performances in a single season, ever.  Maholmes is still unreal and Russ has  years in showing he’s elite.  If Josh goes out and leads the team to a SB win, ok, he’s GOT to be in the discussion, but he’s got to prove it all first.  I won’t argue, he’s move himself solidly into the top 8 guys without question, I have him in the top 5 without question, but the Top 5 are all so good, there is question on who is the best and that’s why we have to default to body of work.

I believe the league MVP and category MVPs are decided prior to the Super bowl.

• 2 weeks later...

Mahomes seems like a really good dude, and his talent is sick.  I bet there are very few Bills fans that would rather have Mahomes than Allen.  For us at least, he is the best.  The best fit.  The best temperament.  And the best quarterback in the NFL, at the very least the best quarterback in the NFL for the Buffalo Bills. 

51 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Mahomes seems like a really good dude, and his talent is sick.  I bet there are very few Bills fans that would rather have Mahomes than Allen.  For us at least, he is the best.  The best fit.  The best temperament.  And the best quarterback in the NFL, at the very least the best quarterback in the NFL for the Buffalo Bills. 

The fit of Buffalo and Allen is perfect. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Chaos changed the title to It's this simple: Josh Allen is currently the best QB in the NFL & He is the Mandalorian!
On 1/5/2021 at 5:01 PM, Chaos said:

Thread Title Confirmed:

Josh Allen finished 26-of-35 (74%) for 324 yards and 2 TDs. Also added 11/54/1 with his legs. This makes him the first QB to throw for 300+, run for 50+, and complete at least 70% of his passes in a playoff game all-time.

Edited by Chaos