Jump to content

The josh haters are out in force today


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like you just watch terrible things on television. Skip Bayless and Steven A....really?

I’ve heard nothing but wildly positive things about josh today. 

Whats a Nick Wright?

The problem with discussing any football reporter, especially ones from ESPN, is that you are ultimately trying to have a rationale conversation about a hyperbolic statement and that doesnt work.

 

The truth is Baker, Lamar, and Josh are all top 15 QBs in the league right now.  Just because one player has a great game, it doesnt mean the other is trash. 

 

If you want to look at Baker and Josh specifically, they are relatively close in what they've been able to accomplish in the NFL.  Josh has more wins, more combined touchdowns, and less ints.   Baker has a better completion percentage (by .7) and has a few more combined yards.    Baker is a good quarterback, but if you want to be real about elite physical talent, I think we all know how you should pick. 

 

The lesson here.  Stop watching FS1 and ESPN for God's sake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Anyone else stop watching sports shows? 

I still watch GMFB , they're great but I just can't deal with the ESPN shows anymore.  

I don't watch pre game coverage either anymore, just can't do it. Majority of the ppl are awful 

 

ESPN still has sports shows? 

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Here's another Bills hater Keyshawn Johnson.

 

I thought he was fair all in all.  Signature wins come in big spots.  Sunday night would definitely be a signature win.  A good team, with a long pedigree of winning, in a game with high-stakes (playoff position) on the line.  Sunday night is basically a playoff game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wjag said:

 

What were the reasons given?  

I watched First Things First for the first time today.  I was looking for some Bills talk and I can't stand the new ESPN shows.  Flipped this on.  The one guy (not Nick Wright) said that he doesn't like the Bills because he doesn't like the quarterback.  Says he has been playing terrible for the last two months and had one good game last night.  Said that over the last 2 months he has the same QBR as Mullens.  (Mind you, ESPN cherry picked their own stats during the broadcast to show that Mullens is off to one of the best starts ever to a career.)  Pretty clear than rather than have a reasoned discussion, he sees his job is to PROVE JA is bad.  I could see having some reservations about Allen...or not thinking he is one of the very top quarterbacks in the league yet, but claiming he has been BAD the last two months?  That's just silly and clearly he has a vested in interest in wanting to prove the he has been right all along about Allen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Every week the hater list is evaporating. Mike Greenberg said this morning he's never been so incredibly wrong about Allen. Said he's on the verge of stardom. Max Kellerman is calling him elite and only Mahomes is better in the AFC.  If you're still a skeptical hater at this point you're just plain ignorant. 

 

PM is right now probably the best football player on the planet. He's had the benefit of great coaching and sits behind the wheel of the League's most powerful sports car. He's a very good athlete (not great and IMO not on Allen's level), he's got a tremendous arm (so does Allen), but the thing that makes him (the most) special is his ability to see the field and process with incredible speed. The game is just much slower for him than it is for normal human beings, even great athletes, and that in large measure accounts IMO for his outstanding accuracy. 

Thing is, he's so good that I really don't see much room for improvement. Allen on the other hand is still developing. All indications are that he will get better. I'll be interested in seeing how these two guys compare down the road. 

As has been said, although Allen deserves all the credit, the Bills have done a great job bringing him along, and they likely will continue to do so.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Cian Fahey is like a dog with a bone. He's not letting go.

 

 


I will never understand why anyone takes this guy seriously when it comes to QB evaluations. He’s just some random dude from Ireland. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The problem with discussing any football reporter, especially ones from ESPN, is that you are ultimately trying to have a rationale conversation about a hyperbolic statement and that doesnt work.

 

The truth is Baker, Lamar, and Josh are all top 15 QBs in the league right now.  Just because one player has a great game, it doesnt mean the other is trash. 

 

If you want to look at Baker and Josh specifically, they are relatively close in what they've been able to accomplish in the NFL.  Josh has more wins, more combined touchdowns, and less ints.   Baker has a better completion percentage (by .7) and has a few more combined yards.    Baker is a good quarterback, but if you want to be real about elite physical talent, I think we all know how you should pick. 

 

The lesson here.  Stop watching FS1 and ESPN for God's sake.

 

Baker is a game manager. Maybe he can be a very good game manager but if he doesn't have a running game he is not going to beat you himself. Allen can and sometimes they don't even bother running. That's the major difference I see.

Edited by matter2003
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:


college stars shine because there are a number of games “bought” to get easy wins and boost stats 

 

 

His theory is that coaching (he uses the term 'situation' a lot) makes the QB- he uses the 2018 class as examples. My problem with his theory is that Mayfield got worse w Kitchens' bad coaching and improved under new coach Stefanski, but somehow Allen got better under same coaching staff and Jackson gets worse? The results don't match the hypothesis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Nick Wright on first things first still trashing Allen.

 

Skip Bayless says baker is better.

 

Steven A wasn't to bad. 

 

But they just keep moving the bar.

 

 

Opinions. Its more fun when not everyone is the same. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I was expecting to come to this thread to see comments from @JaCrispy; @BigDingus; @Nextmanup; @Gene1973; @MOVALLEYRANDY; @FireChans; @C.Biscuit97 and the rest of the "Josh Haters" crew.  Wrong thread I guess, or perhaps they loosened the grip on their perceived bias.

I criticize poor play and praise good play...crazy, I know...😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:


I will never understand why anyone takes this guy seriously when it comes to QB evaluations. He’s just some random dude from Ireland. 

 

This.  He cherry picks the plays that show what he wants to convey.  He doesn't watch the game flow, probably doesn't for context.  It's all "charts".  His charts are the best charts, and everyone else is wrong.  

 

Except he put mariota as a top 3 - and will come up with 50 excuses why he failed.  And none of them are that he's just wrong, and mariota didn't have it between the ears.  

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

His theory is that coaching (he uses the term 'situation' a lot) makes the QB- he uses the 2018 class as examples. My problem with his theory is that Mayfield got worse w Kitchens' bad coaching and improved under new coach Stefanski, but somehow Allen got better under same coaching staff and Jackson gets worse? The results don't match the hypothesis.


coaching matters 

 

so does the QB

 

LJ is  a faker just like Faker Mayfield 

 

Maybe I’m not remembering correct 

 

who was Fakers HC when he broke a rookie TD record 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...