Week 12: Chargers at Bills

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They moved the football vs the Jets as they should. The point was they faced 2 of the worst defenses in the NFL without John Brown. 

The Titans aren't one of the worst defenses, bro. That said, the Chargers aren't one of the best defenses out there either.

Not saying that I don't want JB out there, but if there's one game where you want him to sit with the remaining defenses we face, it's most likely this one. Maybe San Fran with their injuries and that's our next game after this one.

Edited by BillsFan619

I am Bitter at the Chargers. They hit an obvious home run with Hebert. This basically has provided them with a continuous franchise QB since 2001 (Brees, Rivers, Hebert).  A lot of luck involved there in hitting on a QB. They could have easily Been like most of the rest of us, striking out on 1st round QBs for 5-10 years. 

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am Bitter at the Chargers. They hit an obvious home run with Hebert. This basically has provided them with a continuous franchise QB since 2001 (Brees, Rivers, Hebert).  A lot of luck involved there in hitting on a QB. They could have easily Been like most of the rest of us, striking out on 1st round QBs for 5-10 years. 

how many super bowls with those "franchise" qbs.....

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

While I agree that they’ve had good QBs (Brees not until his final year there), it’s funny that it hasn’t translated into not even one Super Bowl for them.

2 minutes ago, balln said:

Same thoughts, bro. You literally posted one minute before me. You win! 🤣

Edited by BillsFan619

46 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I doubt he plays.  First week of practice in 6 weeks?  Hes an important peice for them.  I think the front office steps in before they have him play after 3 days of practice.  

These guys all have incentives in their contracts.  He’s definitely playing if he is active.  IMO. 

8 minutes ago, balln said:

7 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

While I agree that they’ve had good QBs (Brees not until his final year there), it’s funny that it hasn’t translated into not even one Super Bowl for them.

Same thoughts, bro. You literally posted one minute before me. You win! 🤣

Not winning a super bowl probably has to other problems they have had with their team. It’s just tough to hit on franchise QBs and they haven’t had to worry about it (not will have to) now for like 30 years in a row probably. 

28 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

and yet they have gotten nowhere with any of them

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Not winning a super bowl probably has to other problems they have had with their team. It’s just tough to hit on franchise QBs and they haven’t had to worry about it (not will have to) now for like 30 years in a row probably. 

I definitely know what you're saying. That said, they didn't take advantage of it either (Herbert remains to be seen), because to your point, franchise QBs are really hard to find.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Didn’t they get Brees and Tomlinson in the same draft ? 

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

yup. 1st round LT, and 2nd round Brees.

the Bills actually had a pretty good draft that year, but maybe taking Brees in the 2nd over Schoebel would have been better! 😀

Two HOF’ers in the same draft amazing 

Has that ever happened before? 

Edited by Putin

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

the Bills actually had a pretty good draft that year, but maybe taking Brees in the 2nd over Schoebel would have been better! 😀

They tried to trade up for Brees, teams didn’t want to trade with the Bills 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The Saints Brees, yes. The Chargers Brees? Bills fans and media would've lost patience with him.

It's crazy to look back and think that people were iffy on him (for good reason) for awhile.

Just now, BillsFan619 said:

The Saints Brees, yes. The Chargers Brees? Bills fans and media would've lost patience with him.

It's crazy to look back and think that people were iffy on him (for good reason) for awhile.

Don’t forget Miami’s  decision to go with Culpepper instead of Brees 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan619 said:

he definitely though turned the corner that last season in San Diego, but then got injured. It was silly for SD to let him Walk, in hindsight. The injury obviously had zero

effect. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Just like I think people need to pump the brakes when they call someone a bust after one season or even half a season, I think you need to pump the brakes a little bit here. That’s not to say he’s not having a good rookie season, but so did Vince Young, so did RGIII, even Lamar was already in the hall of fame after last season! Point being, give teams a full offseason to game plan foe him before we put him in the hall of fame with Rivers and Brees

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

he definitely though turned the corner that last season in San Diego, but then got injured. It was silly for SD to let him Walk, in hindsight. The injury obviously had zero

effect. 

Oh, I agree that he turned the corner. It was a tough decision for SD for sure. Kind of like Flutie/Johnson (BIG SARCASM)!

To your name, do you like Cobra Kai?

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

haha— love it! My favorite movie is the original Karate Kid, so I am Eating up the re-boot! You watching it? 

Yes, I like it too, bro!

Ever since it came out on Netflix I started watching it. Got my kids into too.

I have to admit though, when I heard that it was coming to YouTube a few years ago, I was hesitant as I thought that it may ruin the original series. So glad I was wrong and that I gave it a chance once it came on Netflix.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

So glad that Miami didn't get Brees. Then again, maybe Miami would've lost patience with him too. Ya never know!

We still would of sucked. Maybe they would of knocked off Brady and the Pats a few times. That would of been a bonus

21 minutes ago, BananaB said:

We still would of sucked. Maybe they would of knocked off Brady and the Pats a few times. That would of been a bonus

I hear ya! That said, could you imagine playing Brady and Brees (when he started getting good) every single year twice?! At least the rest of the division sucked with us most years.

1 minute ago, BillsFan619 said:

I hear ya! That said, could you imagine playing Brady and Brees (when he started getting good) every single year twice?! At least the rest of the division sucked with us most years.

Maybe it would of helped us land a QB quicker

the Chargers are the best sub .500 team in the league save for the Vikings. This could easily be a trap game. Herbert is the ROY IMO and plays like a vet. Only Lynn's play calling can shut him down. I think we'll prevail given that it's Herbert's first time at OBD - yes that still means something. Ekeler and Ballage don't scare me. Kelley can move the chains though.

5 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

So glad that Miami didn't get Brees. Then again, maybe Miami would've lost patience with him too. Ya never know!

I doubt Brees is the we know today if he doesn’t get matched with Sean Payton all those years ago. Just look at what Payton did with bridgewater last year and now Hill. 

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I doubt Brees is the we know today if he doesn’t get matched with Sean Payton all those years ago. Just look at what Payton did with bridgewater last year and now Hill. 

Yup, I see that too.

Glad that we never had to find out because ya never know, bro!

10 hours ago, stuvian said:

the Chargers are the best sub .500 team in the league save for the Vikings. This could easily be a trap game. Herbert is the ROY IMO and plays like a vet. Only Lynn's play calling can shut him down. I think we'll prevail given that it's Herbert's first time at OBD - yes that still means something. Ekeler and Ballage don't scare me. Kelley can move the chains though.

I agree, but i don’t think it’s a trap game.  The Bills know the significance and will be prepared.  you just don’t know if there will be rust and how turnovers will play into this.  

As ESPN pointed out this morning. Buffalo has lost 7 of the last 8 vs the Chargers and our overall winning % is in the low .300’s against LA.  The worst against any opponent in Bills history.  So Buf has to change the mojo around tomorrow.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I agree, but i don’t think it’s a trap game.  The Bills know the significance and will be prepared.  you just don’t know if there will be rust and how turnovers will play into this.  

As ESPN pointed out this morning. Buffalo has lost 7 of the last 8 vs the Chargers and our overall winning % is in the low .300’s against LA.  The worst against any opponent in Bills history.  So Buf has to change the mojo around tomorrow.  

That stat would actually means something if the same players played those games... it’s meaningless 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, stuvian said:

After the last game there is no way this is a trap game.  They will be primed to redeem.