I'd like to see Moss featured tomorrow...

Hebert19

Singletary in the first 10 weeks of the season last year had these attempt numbers:

Week 1:  4

Week 2:  6

Week 7:  7

Week 8:   3

Week 9:  20

Week 10:  8

After that they figured he got it and he never again had single digits.

Does that look a bit familiar?

Wait a bit. It'll come for Moss.

Edited by Thurman#1

12 hours ago, jahnyc said:

It would really help the offense if Moss started showing something.  Hard to tell if the lack of any production is due to a complete failure by the o-line to create holes, but I am concerned that he seems  slow. I hope that this is not the case. 

He's undoubtedly slow. That was the case in college too. Speed shouldn't matter too much at the RB position, particularly with his running style. He's just not bouncing off/making tacklers whiff the way he showed in college. He showed tremendous contact balance at Utah, much like Singletary did at FAU and that is probably the most important trait in a RB IMO. It hasn't really carried over to the NFL for Moss so far the way it has for Singletary. Hopefully he regains that as he gets healthier.

12 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Let's see here.

Devin Singletary 4.3 ypc

Zack Moss 2.6 ypc

?

Isn't this simple.   No pre season.   No chance to get in a rhythm with the oline.    Tweaking oline has hurt both of them but more so moss who doesn't have the luxury of experience. 

I’d like to see the O line run block so Singletary can work his magic, Nuthin against Moss but he’s the give the #1 RB a breather guy at this point. I do hope he kicks azs when his number is called, lots of potential with him. 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Isn't this simple.   No pre season.   No chance to get in a rhythm with the oline.    Tweaking oline has hurt both of them but more so moss who doesn't have the luxury of experience. 

We are 4-2 and playoff bound.  You do that type of thing when you have the luxury to do so either because you are 2-4 or when you have secured the highest spot you can.  If we get a big lead then sure. Feed the kid the rock all 4th quarter long.

They have actually already given Moss a larger workload than Singletary had his Rookie year.  If we want to see more of the kid then our D needs to play better.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Singletary in the first 10 weeks of the season last year had these attempt numbers:

Week 1:  4

Week 2:  6

Week 7:  7

Week 8:   3

Week 9:  20

Week 10:  8

After that they figured he got it and he never again had single digits.

Does that look a bit familiar?

Wait a bit. It'll come for Moss.

Moss has actually carried more than Singletary did to begin his Rookie year.  I suspect it's to make up for lost preseason reps.

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Figure this is worth a bump. 

He played better than Singletary and got the carries with game on line. 

Yeah, seeing the Bills willingly feed him late was one of things that make you go hmmmm.....

He looked better today, actually looked like he has a little speed, that said, I really question if he has any vision.  DS is just too slow, he takes forever in the hole.  The one nice hole he got on the left side would have been a TD with Henry running the ball, there’s a huge difference between the theory that RBs are a dime a dozen and having one that shows it’s not the case.   Ask the Rams how life without Gurley is going, look at the difference maker Henry is, there is just a lack of talent at RB in the league if everyone is just the same.  The Bills should have been looking at Dobbins or Swift this year, but instead they settle for mediocre. 

9 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Just gonna bump this again since so many of the responses aged so well. 

This one in particular 

If you want to puff your chest then go ahead. When you suggested this, Moss had done little to nothing to deserve being a featured back. It shouldn’t be a coincidence that getting Mongo back greatly improved the run game.

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If you want to puff your chest then go ahead. When you suggested this, Moss had done little to nothing to deserve being a featured back. It shouldn’t be a coincidence that getting Mongo back greatly improved the run game.

My point was he needed more touches to get in a rhythm.  Everyone went off like you just did.   When he got more touches he was good.  So yes.  I will because there was logic behind it not just some random thought.  

And moss was very good last week too.  No Mongo. 

I think Moss is a piece. Singletary is a piece. They are missing their Mecole Hardman, whether or not it is a RB or WR, Moss and Single don’t offer the game changing breakaway TDs. 

Id like to see them get a legit 3rd guy that plays STs, is lightning, can catch the ball and be our upgraded McKenzie. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Just gonna bump this again since so many of the responses aged so well. 

This one in particular 

Moss was used the same way he has been and should continue to be used: situationally, in the red zone

He continues to be ineffective between the 20s unless the line has opened up a massive hole. 

They need Singletary's elusiveness to actually create opportunities in any other situation 

Neither guy seems to be able to break a huge one.

40 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

My point was he needed more touches to get in a rhythm.  Everyone went off like you just did.   When he got more touches he was good.  So yes.  I will because there was logic behind it not just some random thought.  

And moss was very good last week too.  No Mongo. 

He was averaging 3.6 ypc when you suggested this. You just threw crap at the wall hoping something would stick and lucky for you it did. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

He was averaging 3.6 ypc when you suggested this. You just threw crap at the wall hoping something would stick and lucky for you it did. 

No.  I used common sense.  How was he going to be effective with no pre season and when he is use to 20+ carries a game...give him a shot.  And it worked. 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Moss was used the same way he has been and should continue to be used: situationally, in the red zone

He continues to be ineffective between the 20s unless the line has opened up a massive hole. 

They need Singletary's elusiveness to actually create opportunities in any other situation 

Neither guy seems to be able to break a huge one.

Huh?  Go back and watch last 2 games. 

3 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

No.  I used common sense.  How was he going to be effective with no pre season and when he is use to 20+ carries a game...give him a shot.  And it worked. 

Huh?  Go back and watch last 2 games. 

Common sense said to give more carries to a guy who wasn’t being effective with the carries he was already getting? Okay dude. You threw crap at the wall and it just so happened that it worked when we got our best run blocker back. Guess what? Singletary also had a good game too. 

Kudos to you. Try not to break your arm patting yourself on tue back

Edited by Bangarang

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I was just searching around for a thread on this! Mongo had a huge impact on that OL.. Bates also had a great block on that 20 yard Moss run! 

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Common sense said to give more carries to a guy who wasn’t being effective with the carries he was already getting? Okay dude. You threw crap at the wall and it just so happened that it worked when we got our best run blocker back. Guess what? Singletary also had a good game too. 

Kudos to you. Try not to break your arm patting yourself on tue back

What about last game.  You haven't exactly given me anything to show otherwise.  

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2020 at 6:34 PM, Hebert19 said:

Dude had 700+ carries in college.   He has had 1 here 1 there and is running like he is trying not to make a mistake.   I'd like to see what happens if he got into a rhythm.  

He hasn't shown much yet but his style is more suited to wearing a team down not getting 3 carries a game. 

Thoughts.  

So far i've not been real impressed with Moss i wanted a bigger back i was hoping they would get a guy like Antonio Gibson or A.J. Dillon to be a bigger back to compliment Singletary .

It seems as though they were hoping Moss could be that but he's the same size as Singletary and although he was a good back i don't see him as complimentary to motor .

In todays NFL having a RB by committee RB's can't get into a rhythm like they use to King Henry wouldn't be doing what he is if he only had 15 carries a game .