Miami Confirms that Rosen might be traded Update: signed w/ Tampa Bay

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-brian-flores-friday-20200904-mz2i3rhk7jc6rj7gxhpxt42gra-story.html?outputType=amp Honestly I think this guys career is over. This is 2 teams now that’s given up on him. I wanted him to succeed but i think it’s over for him. Word is he’s having a horrible camp and that Tua is beating him in competition for the number 2 role 

Strange I heard he had performed well in camp....  not strange that is being traded - that makes sense... just strange that does not match what I heard about his camp.

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

I don't get the narrative out there that he wasn't given a fair opportunity to succeed.

He was put onto two teams that had very little QB competition and couldn't hold the job with either team. 

Last year, Miami got instantly better with Fitz as QB and became respectable.  He was really bad with them.

He stinks, why is that so hard for people to say?

He’s had terrible OL’s in every game he’s played. While that doesn’t mean he’d be good behind a good OL, but it’s hard for even the best QBs to succeed behind awful OLs.  Especially if they have limited mobility like rosen has id give up a 7th for him.  I think m he has a better chance to succeed than Fromm.  

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

I don't get the narrative out there that he wasn't given a fair opportunity to succeed.

He was put onto two teams that had very little QB competition and couldn't hold the job with either team. 

Last year, Miami got instantly better with Fitz as QB and became respectable.  He was really bad with them.

He stinks, why is that so hard for people to say?

Well, his rookie year in AZ, he played behind the worst O-line in the league, after which he was dumped as part of a re-build (a fairly experimental re-build, at that). Then, in Miami, he was literally positioned to fail. The Miami FO was so egregiously tanking that the NFL competition committee got involved. And, needless to say, there are plenty of Bills fans who wanted him to be drafted over Allen, and they hate to be proven wrong.

Of course, none of this means he doesn't stink.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-brian-flores-friday-20200904-mz2i3rhk7jc6rj7gxhpxt42gra-story.html?outputType=amp Honestly I think this guys career is over. This is 2 teams now that’s given up on him. I wanted him to succeed but i think it’s over for him. Word is he’s having a horrible camp and that Tua is beating him in competition for the number 2 role 

Guy has been in the league for 2 years.  Give him some time.  Sometimes its the situation more then the player.  And sometimes it is the player.  Alex Smith was ***** in SF before Jim Harbaugh got there.  He got it turned around and has had a good career.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well @SDS has the new server working ready to take the traffic if Beane traded for him!

That would certainly put it to the test! 

I wonder how his path has affected him. He could be even more “different” and aloof, or maybe he’s been humbled and matured from his experiences. He’s never really been in a good, stable situation. If he had fallen to a good team late in round one he might have been far better off sitting and learning what it takes to be a professional. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

That would certainly put it to the test! 

I wonder how his path has affected him. He could be even more “different” and aloof, or maybe he’s been humbled and matured from his experiences. He’s never really been in a good, stable situation. If he had fallen to a good team late in round one he might have been far better off sitting and learning what it takes to be a professional. 

Maybe, but you can't un-ring a bell.  It will up to him to adjust to the situation or hang em up.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Maybe, but you can't un-ring a bell.  It will up to him to adjust to the situation or hang em up.

Just holding a clipboard in the NFL for a decade or so is a great start in life. Of one thing I have zero doubt: we got the right Josh! 

• Like (+1) 3

I have never liked him, that said though I don’t think his career is over yet. He needs a stable organization. If we’re talking an unfair shake to the beginning of your career he’s basically the definition of it. 
There is some talent there, question is does he have any passion left to get better after basically being dogged his whole career. 
I like Pittsburgh for him, maybe Atlanta behind Ryan, Tennessee behind tanny, Rams.. 

Place where he can kinda hide out and if he ever gets a shot has an actual chance to succeed. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Strange I heard he had performed well in camp....  not strange that is being traded - that makes sense... just strange that does not match what I heard about his camp.

If you were the Miami FO and wanted to maximize the value of your soon to be castoff, would you let word out he was having a poor camp or a good camp?  Might get you an extra sack of footballs for him.  😁

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes he has an attitude issue and yes somewhere Jim Mora is laughing, but as far a raw arm strength he is worlds better than Barkley and Fromm. Maybe a 6th or 7th? We could have both Josh's......

Just stop.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

At his current contract guarantee it is silly to consider trading even a conditional 7th round 2022 pick for him.  Maybe a team will trade for him if Mijami offers picks and they have a lot of them.    After he has been cut and a team can negotiate a contract for him it might be worth considering before that 1st round QB who was a bust for Browns.