Miami Confirms that Rosen might be traded Update: signed w/ Tampa Bay

5 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, his rookie year in AZ, he played behind the worst O-line in the league, after which he was dumped as part of a re-build (a fairly experimental re-build, at that). Then, in Miami, he was literally positioned to fail. The Miami FO was so egregiously tanking that the NFL competition committee got involved. And, needless to say, there are plenty of Bills fans who wanted him to be drafted over Allen, and they hate to be proven wrong.

Of course, none of this means he doesn't stink.

Yet the second Fitzpatrick came in for Rosen, it looked like a different offense. How do you explain that?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think this regime ever liked him. 

I agree but it also feels like they're not satisfied with Barkley as the backup. There are reports that Davis Webb may have won the competition. I see Rosen as an upgrade on either of them.

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-brian-flores-friday-20200904-mz2i3rhk7jc6rj7gxhpxt42gra-story.html?outputType=amp Honestly I think this guys career is over. This is 2 teams now that’s given up on him. I wanted him to succeed but i think it’s over for him. Word is he’s having a horrible camp and that Tua is beating him in competition for the number 2 role 

I think he’ll bounce around as a backup or a fringe starter for teams that desperate for a QB. 

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You know what, I would put a claim in. I like him as a backup more than Barkley, and he has upside. Why not?

I said this last year when AZ wanted to move him.

I wanted no part of Josh Rosen as a starter in the draft. I'd happily take him as a backup.

Buffalo may be his best bet to stabilize his NFL career. With JA in control he can be backup #1, but with JA's playing style he would never know when he would be called upon. He would have to remain mentally sharp. Rosen is no dummy, but I don't think he has the heart/moxy to be a day 1 starter, but he is too bright/ proud to bomb out. He also still has a chance to play against Darnold and resurrect his career here, if he wants it.

I'd love to bring him into the QB room, now that JA has established himself as QB#1.

Edited by RocCityRoller

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I agree but it also feels like they're not satisfied with Barkley as the backup. There are reports that Davis Webb may have won the competition. I see Rosen as an upgrade on either of them.

Tbh I would rather have Webb than either barkley or Rosen 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I wanted no part of Josh Rosen as a starter in the draft. I'd happily take him as a backup.

Buffalo may be his best bet to stabilize his NFL career. With JA in control he can be backup #1, but with JA's playing style he would never know when he would be called upon. He would have to remain mentally sharp. Rosen is no dummy, but I don't think he has the heart/moxy to be a day 1 starter, but he is too bright/ proud to bomb out. He also still has a chance to play against Darnold and resurrect his career here, if he wants it.

I'd love to bring him into the QB room, now that JA has established himself as QB#1.

That way Josh can introduce himself. "Hello I'm mistake number 3."

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Right Josh - hitting the market. What a time to be alive 

Welp, Then.  Though I'll wait until it's confirmed.

54 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I think for the backup QB you have to pay some attention to the dynamics of the room.  I don't see Josh Rosen as having the right stuff to be a good backup.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Welp, Then.  Though I'll wait until it's confirmed.

I think for the backup QB you have to pay some attention to the dynamics of the room.  I don't see Josh Rosen as having the right stuff to be a good backup.

Right Hapless. Fitz is the best back up for anyone want on any team. 

Peterman still in NFL so anything can happen to Rosen for NFL. To be honest.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Right Hapless. Fitz is the best back up for anyone want on any team. 

Peterman still in NFL so anything can happen to Rosen for NFL. To be honest.

I could be wrong, but I think that Peterman is a pretty humble nice guy, super-smart in the QB room without coming across as cocky or know-it-all

I think the only time that's true for Rosen is when he's being drinking Diffenbachia Tea

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think this regime ever liked him. 

Agreed.  He was not on their list.  Neither was Baker.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I think that Peterman is a pretty humble nice guy, super-smart in the QB room without coming across as cocky or know-it-all

I think the only time that's true for Rosen is when he's being drinking Diffenbachia Tea

Agreed.  He was not on their list.  Neither was Baker.

Ya peterman is  a super nice guy read online.Love those people in person. Just saying things in football Sense.