Miami Confirms that Rosen might be traded Update: signed w/ Tampa Bay

7 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Bad NFL situations chewed this guy up and spit him out. Rosen is the new poster child for how to ruin a young QB. If the Bills had selected him (like I wanted) and built a team around him as they have Allen, would he have mentally flamed out in the same fashion? No one knows, but it seems unlikely. I will say, Allen's attitude has been much better from draft night on, this likely plays a huge role in how young QB's deal with the struggles of developing in the NFL.

What in the hell did you see in Rosen that was worth taking in the 1st round?? His own coach spoke out against him

7 hours ago, davefan66 said:

We most likely will never know if Rosen can be a quality NFL QB.  Many very good players who ended up in the right situation may have not been as good elsewhere - look at Jerry Hughes.  Would Mahomes been as good as he is if he did land with the Bills?  He has an excellent offensive minded coach and a very good supporting cast, probably what helped him get to where he is so fast.

As for Rosen, kinda feels like Losman to me.  Has the physical attributes to be a quality NFL QB, but not the smarts to put it all together.

His attitude is the same as Losman, he just doesn’t care about football as much as he thinks he does. Losman got paid and didn’t really try, Rosen thinks he’s the best thing since ice cream and didn’t step up to adjust his game and lacks leadership qualities 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Imagine if Beane did this.  There would be a half dozen poster on this board talking about that 5 years from now!

What do you mean "if" ?

For the low cost of a 3rd+7th and 8.4mm deadcap Beane managed to get a player that posted this stat line:

39 catches for 571 yards and 2 TD in 18 games

Edited by DabillsDaBillsDaBills
Correcting TD number
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

What do you mean "if" ?

For the low cost of a 3rd+7th and 8.4mm deadcap Beane managed to get a player that posted this stat line:

yes, and it's still being brought up!  LOL

8 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

What do you mean "if" ?

You think that's bad? 

For the low cost of 1st, 4th, 5th & 6th round pick, $46 million contract & $14.8 million cap hit in 2020, the Bills got this stat line:

0 catches for 0 yards and 0 TD's in 0 games.

WHAT A JOKE! F'n slacker WR's these days...

10 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Imagine if Beane did this.  There would be a half dozen poster on this board talking about that 5 years from now!

IDK.  According to PFF, Miami had the worst O-Line in the the NFL in 2019.  The same thing with Arizona in 2018.    The odds of any QB succeeding in those sitituations are next to nil.   

Going to a better team like the Bucs with no pressure and getting to watch how the GOAT prepares and plays (even if Brady's a shell of his former self) will probably help Rosen as much as possible in an NFL setting...

On 9/4/2020 at 4:31 PM, Rocky Landing said:

Well, his rookie year in AZ, he played behind the worst O-line in the league, after which he was dumped as part of a re-build (a fairly experimental re-build, at that). Then, in Miami, he was literally positioned to fail. The Miami FO was so egregiously tanking that the NFL competition committee got involved. And, needless to say, there are plenty of Bills fans who wanted him to be drafted over Allen, and they hate to be proven wrong.

Of course, none of this means he doesn't stink.

and they’re STILL miserable.

12 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Imagine if Beane did this.  There would be 10 dozen posters on this board talking about that 5 years from now!

and they’re STILL miserable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

You think that's bad? 

For the low cost of 1st, 4th, 5th & 6th round pick, $46 million contract & $14.8 million cap hit in 2020, the Bills got this stat line:

0 catches for 0 yards and 0 TD's in 0 games.

WHAT A JOKE! F'n slacker WR's these days...

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. 

I was referencing Kelvin Benjamin. That trade was an unmitigated disaster. We can say that Beane is doing a good job overall, but that individual trade was one of the worst in Bills history. 

As it turns out, Rosen is the guy from that QB class who got absolutely screwed over by circumstances beyond his control.

It can happen to any football player in any draft.  

Rosen may turn into a bust, but I don't think we know that now.

He has't gotten anything close to fair shot.  Not yet, at least.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know how you say he didn’t have a fair shot.  Arizona was a bad team at the time, but he a,so played timid and made mistake after mistake.  In Miami, he could’ve beat out Fitz, but didn’t.  He now is in Tampa with a good team, a good coach for QB’s, amd can learn how to prepare from one of the best QB’s to ever play.  You don’t have to like Brady, but at least respect what he’s done.  If Rosen can’t improve in the next two years,he doesn’t belong in the league.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

As it turns out, Rosen is the guy from that QB class who got absolutely screwed over by circumstances beyond his control.

It can happen to any football player in any draft.  

Rosen may turn into a bust, but I don't think we know that now.

He has't gotten anything close to fair shot.  Not yet, at least.

Josh Allen got thrown into the first game with Zay Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, and Jeremy Kerley as the top 3 wr's.  Our only good lineman was Dawkins who was in his 2nd year.  Ducasse, Bodine, Mills, and Miller were below average.  Don't give me screwed over by circumstances beyond his control.  If he had the "it" factor he'd still be with the Cardinals.

• Like (+1) 2