Miami Confirms that Rosen might be traded Update: signed w/ Tampa Bay

5 hours ago, Augie said:

OUCH!

He will get picked up cheaper than his rookie deal would have allowed for. He’ll still be a backup somewhere and given a chance to right the ship. 

And get paid the guaranteed portion of contract no matter how little team which picks him pays him since no team will pick him up in waivers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

Why are there so many Rosen supporters on this board? 

He didnt get a raw deal; the teams that invested anything in this bum got the raw deal. 

Because long term posters know that while Rosen may make mistakes and wears a Kilt or Panda Suit he is solid support of the Bills.

You were talking about Jay Rosen, right?

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If you were the Miami FO and wanted to maximize the value of your soon to be castoff, would you let word out he was having a poor camp or a good camp?  Might get you an extra sack of footballs for him.  😁

I think it was the beat guy they had on Howard and Jeremy who said Rosen was having a decent camp. Was a week or so back. I always felt like he was not gonna make that squad.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Rosen was my guy coming out. He may not be the franchise QB that I expected but he has had as bad of a situation as any QB in the league. I’d take Rosen over Fromm 8 days a week. I’d be all for adding Rosen to this stable Bills environment. You may end up with a trade partner in a year or so.

• Like (+1) 3

For Rosen, the question has not been talent. Dolphins coach Brian Flores said Rosen had the best arm of all the quarterbacks in camp, but Rosen fell behind when it came to the processing part of football -- identifying defenses pre-snap, being able to predict changing coverages and linebackers shifting, and ultimately being able to let the ball fly accurately and on time. Those are all skills Rosen has spent time working on this offseason in Miami.

It's weird because in college reading defenses was one of his strengths.

So does he now become the highest drafted player waived from the 2018 draft? Believe he was the 10th overall pick??  Could that even be an all time record to be selected that high and waived after 2 seasons?   And was traded after 1 season!

There's been plenty of higher drafted players, even #1 overall, but usually make it at least through 3 seasons when selected that high.  Maybe they are traded, but not waived?

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It's weird because in college reading defenses was one of his strengths.

It is indeed weird.

Erhardt-Perkins and WCO terminology and ways of thinking about plays are said to be a different language.   Coaches who want to install a WCO are reluctant to pick up a QB who has played in E-P systems and vice versa.  That may be part of it.

I wonder if part of it, though, is the "Empty your Cup" phenomenon:
Scholar Tokusan--who was full of knowledge and opinions about the dharma--came to Ryutan and asked about Zen. At one point Ryutan re-filled his guest's teacup but did not stop pouring when the cup was full. Tea spilled out and ran over the table. "Stop! The cup is full!" said Tokusan.  "Exactly," said Master Ryutan. "You are like this cup; you are full of ideas. You come and ask for teaching, but your cup is full; I can't put anything in. Before I can teach you, you'll have to empty your cup."   This is harder than you might realize. By the time we reach adulthood we are so full of information that we don't even notice it's there. We might consider ourselves to be open-minded, but in fact, everything we learn is filtered through many assumptions and then classified to fit into the knowledge we already possess.

Or, maybe Rosen is just one of many talented college QB who can not adjust his mental "processing clock" to the speed of the NFL game. 

For that matter, it remains to be seen if Josh Allen can do so, honestly - he's had more success than Rosen to date, but to take a step, he needs to show he can process and "find his answers" faster.  The promising reports out of camp, may not translate to game speed.

On the other hand, promising reports out of camp are miles ahead of "not good enough" or "struggling" reports out of camp....

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Imagine it being right before the 2017 draft and I showed you a 2020 roster that showed Josh Allen and Josh Rosen on the Bills.

Is there any chance you would have predicted this path for the both of them?

Imagine it is right now and you show me a 2020 roster with both Josh Allen and Josh Rosen on the Bills...

I wouldn't believe it until proof is offered

Beane, McDermott, and Daboll said "Hard Pass" back in 2018, don't think they've seen anything out of Rosen to change their point of view

17 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

and Rosen was supposed to be the most pro ready qb

I guess what I'm suggesting amounts to saying "perhaps that actually worked against him"