A thread for Positivity!

I know this is the weirdest season any of us have ever seen, and that we're all trying to figure it out and that there's much drama surrounding different conversations about the season and all that's involved with it.

But let's just take a moment and appreciate the fact that we're 3 weeks away from watching our first Bills game of the year! 

No matter where you are or what this year has looked like, just enjoy it! 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Hell yes!!!

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I have to say, I've spent a lot of time dreading what a lack of fans this year will do to my enjoyment of the games.

But I've been avidly watching the NHL playoffs, and almost never think about the lack of fans. My enjoyment is 95% of what it usually is in a typical playoff season.

Especially if some fans are allowed in, I don't think this will affect our enjoyment of the Bills as much as we may fear. 

My enthusiasm is increasing again. These guys are going to play hard, and there's a decent chance that they're going to be pretty good. 

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, arcane said:

But I've been avidly watching the NHL playoffs, and almost never think about the lack of fans. My enjoyment is 95% of what it usually is in a typical playoff season.

I don't think it will be as big of a deal as it seems, but an NHL game is a different experience. The way fans interact with the game is wholly different (like a direct effect on the opposition when they're trying to call plays). Not to mention ~15-20k people compared to 60k plus.

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

I don't think it will be as big of a deal as it seems, but an NHL game is a different experience. The way fans interact with the game is wholly different (like a direct effect on the opposition when they're trying to call plays). Not to mention ~15-20k people compared to 60k plus.

Definitely valid. But I was in despair about this upcoming season, and hockey has helped me turn a little more enthusiastic.

• Like (+1) 1

-Tom Brady is in Tampa Bay.

-Patriots had Hightower, Cannon, and Chung opt out.

-Jets traded away their best player in Jamaal Adams and CJ Mosley opted out.  Breshad Perriman is their #1 WR.  Adam Gase is still the coach. 

-The Dolphins are improved but still aren't close to the Bills talent wise.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My contribution to positivity:

I expect the Bills defense to be the best this year that it has ever been under Sean McDermott.

Part of it is the additions to the defensive line. A bigger part, though, is internal improvement. Specifically, I expect Ed Oliver and Tremaine Edmunds to take big steps forward. The respective progression of each player will take the Bills from having a pretty good 3T and MIKE to having an ELITE player at both positions. This will, in turn, greatly improve the defense overall.

I also expect the offense to be the best this year that it has ever been under Sean McDermott. That's obviously not saying much, since it has stunk for three years running. The offensive line being in its second year together, the addition of Diggs and Davis to the receiving corps, and the addition of Zach Moss to the running back room will all be a big help. Again, though, internal improvement will pay the biggest dividends. Dawson Knox, Devin Singletary, and Cody Ford will all be better players this year. I expect Knox to become a top 10 tight end, in particular.

AFC East champions. It's happening.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

My contribution to positivity:

I expect the Bills defense to be the best this year that it has ever been under Sean McDermott.

Part of it is the additions to the defensive line. A bigger part, though, is internal improvement. Specifically, I expect Ed Oliver and Tremaine Edmunds to take big steps forward. The respective progression of each player will take the Bills from having a pretty good 3T and MIKE to having an ELITE player at both positions. This will, in turn, greatly improve the defense overall.

I also expect the offense to be the best this year that it has ever been under Sean McDermott. That's obviously not saying much, since it has stunk for three years running. The offensive line being in its second year together, the addition of Diggs and Davis to the receiving corps, and the addition of Zach Moss to the running back room will all be a big help. Again, though, internal improvement will pay the biggest dividends. Dawson Knox, Devin Singletary, and Cody Ford will all be better players this year. I expect Knox to become a top 10 tight end, in particular.

AFC East champions. It's happening.

I agree! With Oliver and Edmunds becoming elite and Tre already there, the bedrock of our Defense will be in place for years to come!

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, arcane said:

I have to say, I've spent a lot of time dreading what a lack of fans this year will do to my enjoyment of the games.

Especially if some fans are allowed in, I don't think this will affect our enjoyment of the Bills as much as we may fear. 

My enthusiasm is increasing again. These guys are going to play hard, and there's a decent chance that they're going to be pretty good. 

Why does not having fans in the stadium detract from your enjoyment of the on-field product?

10 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Threads like this are helping to build up my excitement. Thank you OP. Need the weather to get a little cooler to help the fall sneak in, and the calendar flip to September. This really could be a special season.

Yep. There was like a week where the humidity dropped out and made the weather cooler and it had me begging for fall. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I know this is the weirdest season any of us have ever seen, and that we're all trying to figure it out and that there's much drama surrounding different conversations about the season and all that's involved with it.

But let's just take a moment and appreciate the fact that we're 3 weeks away from watching our first Bills game of the year! 

I fully endorse this.  Cannot f-ing wait for opening day.  I don't think I (or honestly all of us) have needed this, this badly...ever!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

I fully endorse this.  Cannot f-ing wait for opening day.  I don't think I (or honestly all of us) have needed this, this badly...ever!

Yep. It hit me all at once a couple days ago. Ramp up has been so weird (and the world as well) and I recently moved so I hadn’t really thought about it. Then I got hit with it coming and now I feel like an addict going through withdrawal. 

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yep. It hit me all at once a couple days ago. Ramp up has been so weird (and the world as well) and I recently moved so I hadn’t really thought about it. Then I got hit with it coming and now I feel like an addict going through withdrawal. 

Well, its relapse time in 3 weeks bud.  I have actually been binging old (mostly 80s) super bowls and playoff games to tide me over.  Like a masochistic moron I watched the entire SB 25 on youtube (I was in 6th grade when it was live so a lot of the minutia I didn't remember).

Hopefully we get the Lombardi in Buffalo soon so those early 90s will feel less like tortue and more like a prologue to an epic story.

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Why does not having fans in the stadium detract from your enjoyment of the on-field product?

A packed stadium in Orchard Park is integral to the Buffalo Bills experience for me, and I expect for many others, even when I'm not physically there. The atmosphere absolutely has an effect on players as well. Seeing stadiums as empty, barren wastelands would be depressing at best. But I'm hopeful now that I can get over that. 

NFL football wouldn't be close to the same with empty stadiums all year long

• Sad 1

Thanks OP—glass definitely needs to be looked at as half full, we have enough half-empty news and takes to last us the next 2 years—we are about to have us some Bills football that counts, and while the Patsies remain the team to beat as defending div champs, this is the year to do it, if ever since Belichick joined in early 2000’s. Our star players are on an upward trajectory and we know we have the goods at coach and FO! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No doubt IMO that it's the best Bills team in years. And what a TEAM spirit they have going on - wow is it ever fun to watch. But... tough schedule, injuries, and blablabla. Nothing's given but that's exactly why the victors have so much glamour.

And Positive is a bad choice of word this year ha ha

There’s just so much to be positive about with this team that I don’t think an 80 page thread would do it justice.. I really think we should be in contention for a Super Bowl title.. Kansas City is obviously the biggest threat but I could see the Bills knocking off good teams like the 49ers and Ravens.. Unreal what Mr. Pegula has done in terms of putting the right management and coaching staff in place.. all comes down to Josh Allen.... and I think he is up to the task.. I’m excited and I’m impressed!

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Thanks for the breath of fresh air.  A great reminder of a positive in the midst of uncertainty.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, arcane said:

A packed stadium in Orchard Park is integral to the Buffalo Bills experience for me, and I expect for many others, even when I'm not physically there. The atmosphere absolutely has an effect on players as well. Seeing stadiums as empty, barren wastelands would be depressing at best. But I'm hopeful now that I can get over that. 

NFL football wouldn't be close to the same with empty stadiums all year long

Have you been talking to either of those Jags fans? We will get through this. It’s temporary for us! 

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I hope your armpits are infested with the fleas of a thousand camels. 

Who do you think those camels got those fleas from in the first place?     :)

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, qwksilver said:

I'm loving that the other 3 sports leagues have only had minor issues and are still going strong.....

Fingers crossed the NFL makes it 4.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

Didn't stop fans everywhere for declaring the end of the world when a few baseball players got it.

Time heals everything.