Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It is, and it’s a widely held opinion among literally everyone that follows the sport- that in of itself doesn’t make it true, of course, but it’s hard to argue your side when all the evidence and analysis is saying the other. 

Don’t misinterpret me though, I’m not saying it’s right or wrong to pay those guys over Shaq, just that they’re better players- hence their increased value. 

I completely agree on Ngakoue.   I also believe Clowney is athletically superior to both of them, I just wonder about how much effort he is putting in.  A guy with his tools should be taking over games, and thats never been the case with him.

Edited by thenorthremembers

Looking like big spending on the O-Line is off the table with the Spain re signing. Would like to see Shaq re signed along with another end brought in. Maybe they shell out cash for Reader. But looking like it could be a defensive heavy free agency period and a play maker heavy draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I completely agree on Ngakoue.   I also believe Clowney is athletically superior to both of them, I just wonder about how much effort he is putting in.  A guy with his tools should be taking over games, and thats never been the case with him.

So I don’t think we disagree after all- I may have misunderstood your initial post, my bad! ?

I think there’s a real argument for saying Shaq + Robert Quinn (hypothetically) does more for us than one of those big names. I wouldn’t complain if we did get one of those other guys though. I’d also rather keep Shaq no matter what, and move on from Murphy. 

On 3/11/2020 at 3:35 PM, ScottLaw said:

Is this a coronary artery bypass surgery?.... it’s football Royale. ***** isn’t that complicated(but apparently for you it is)... all you have to do is watch Star during a game as he engages a block and do nothing else for the majority of the season.... how bout a sack, TFL, or a tackle in general? ?

To his credit, he played better after the mid point or so of the season... but still wasn’t good or even average. (The Dallas game was probably his best as a Bill.)

And you are putting words in my mouth. I said the Bills will value Edmunds more so than Milano who is a solid LB but has struggled since his injury in 2018 and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them let him walk given his position.... apparently you took that as me not knowing they ran nickel a majority of the time as your reading comprehension is also a struggle.

No it’s not bypass surgery but that doesn’t mean you know what you’re talking about.

You don’t know how to evaluate the position and don’t pay attention to him when the game is on.  

The only reason you said Star’s best game was the Cowboys game is because he got a pick...that’s it.  You box score evaluate.  If Star wasn’t doing his job at all, he wouldn’t play.  

Im not putting words in your mouth.  You said OLB isn’t a premier position in McDermotts defense but yet he has one on the field 100% of the time. If Milano wasn’t good, he would not always be on the field.  Since we run nickel most of the time, we need two linebackers that have speed and who can cover ground.  But you’ll still pound the table that OLB is not that important in McDermotts defense....LOL.  

I’m still waiting on Tyrod to “make me look like a fool” like you said he would.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Looking like big spending on the O-Line is off the table with the Spain re signing. Would like to see Shaq re signed along with another end brought in. Maybe they shell out cash for Reader. But looking like it could be a defensive heavy free agency period and a play maker heavy draft. 

This is exactly what I want to see happen. Fill remaining defensive holes and depth needs in free agency -- there are plenty of great linebacker, DT, CB, and edge options -- and use just about the entire draft on offense.

The defense already has a young, homegrown core and just needs a few vet additions. The offense, meanwhile, just GOT its infusion of vets last year in Brown, Beasley, Kroft, Spain, Feliciano, and Nsekhe, and needs some young, dynamic playmakers to grow with Josh Allen. Luckily, the WR, OT, and RB crops this year are all excellent.

• Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I said he’s solid..... and he’s struggled since returning from his injury which he has. I never pounded the table that OLB isn’t important in McDs defense. Again your making ***** up. I said I think they’ll value Edmunds over Milano and look to find a cheaper replacement via draft or FA when Milanos contract expires. 

Star is akin to a pedestrian in street crossing sign....  Dude gets little to no push for the majority of his snaps and NEVER finds the football. It’s not that hard Royale. JUST WATCH THE GAMES. 

Your exact words were “he hasn’t been great or even good”.  So basically in 2019, he just wasn’t very good.  Yet he started and played almost every defensive snap on the number two ranked defense.  Now you know how to evaluate an OLB....LOL.

So just go on the record Scott.  Milano according to you wasn’t very good last year.  So if we do resign him to an extension, it’s a mistake right?  Because why would you resign a guy who wasn’t very good the year before?

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

This is the kind of thing that happens when you don’t watch the games; box score scouting makes people say odd things.

If you watch the 3 guys and see the enormous difference between them it’s easy to understand.

Yeah, what he said!

Sincerely, 

Star Lotulelei 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He wasn’t as good as he was before the injury in 2018.... I believe he was tops in the league in missed tackles this past season and he really struggled as did much of the defense from Miami through Cleveland in diagnosing and finishing run plays.(hence the team getting absolutely bashed throughout that stretch of games on the ground)

Your reading comprehension blows dude. ?

Now he wasn't "as good" but previously you said he just "wasn't even good".  Reading comprehension?

You can't even answer a yes or no question.  I'll ask again.  Since he "wasn't even good"....will it be a mistake to resign him?

Scott, you only hang on the words of other negative posters, you don't have a clue what you're watching.  This is why you're criticized heavily on the board....you just are a terrible as a poster.

image.thumb.png.3c82ac18c88e0d301777eb6e3c16a346.png

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

So I don’t think we disagree after all- I may have misunderstood your initial post, my bad! ?

I think there’s a real argument for saying Shaq + Robert Quinn (hypothetically) does more for us than one of those big names. I wouldn’t complain if we did get one of those other guys though. I’d also rather keep Shaq no matter what, and move on from Murphy. 

I'd sign up for Shaq and Robert Quinn all day long.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Shaq Lawson- 6.5 Sacks as a backup is an average NFL Defensive End

Yannick Ngakoue- 8 Sacks as a full time starter is a star lets pay him 20 million a year

Jadeveon Clowney- 3 Sacks as a starter is a star lets payhim 20 million a year

I love NFL Free Agency.

Hmmmmm.......so where's the value?

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Isnt that the dude who publicly bet his child's life on the story that Merriman was stopped at the border with steroids. Which was quickly proven to be false.

What happened to his kid?

5 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Shaq Lawson- 6.5 Sacks as a backup is an average NFL Defensive End

Yannick Ngakoue- 8 Sacks as a full time starter is a star lets pay him 20 million a year

Jadeveon Clowney- 3 Sacks as a starter is a star lets payhim 20 million a year

I love NFL Free Agency.

Yet let's cut Trent Murphy for making $9.75 million a year and getting 5  sacks. 

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It might be. #ripmoranskid

21 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

What happened to his kid?

Not to derail thread, but yeah it was him. And the old thread I just found in the archives is a pretty funny read. Action picks up on page 13:

Especially after Moran tweeted: "If I'm intentionally fabricating a story for attention, may my 8-year old get hit by a car.. Those who know me know better than that."

And then not even hours later it was proven everything he was reported was false.

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

I would love to have Clowney.  He is such a disruptor on the field.  Teams have to game plan for him and even then he makes a lot of plays.  It goes way beyond his sack numbers.  The Bills defense would go up a level with Clowney.

I prefer Clowney over Ngakoue

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

My preference is Clowney as option 1.  Option 2, keep Shaq and sign Quinn.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Manther said:

I prefer Clowney over Ngakoue

My preference is Clowney as option 1.  Option 2, keep Shaq and sign Quinn.

And 3 years ago when Hughes seemingly hit the height of his penalties, he had 6 all season... Clowney had 13 that year.

So just be ready for that.

40 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not to derail thread, but yeah it was him. And the old thread I just found in the archives is a pretty funny read. Action picks up on page 13:

Especially after Moran tweeted: "If I'm intentionally fabricating a story for attention, may my 8-year old get hit by a car.. Those who know me know better than that."

And then not even hours later it was proven everything he was reported was false.

I saw this, and was like Wait, I posted about Patrick Moran - then I saw the date! 

40 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just saw that Detroit released right tackle Rick Wagner.

I think he'd be a nice addition to the Bills o-line.

What is going on in Detroit? Why they are releasing some key offensive lineman is beyond me? 

• Like (+1) 1