Brian Daboll has no future here

Tesla03

End of discussion. the guy is clueless when it comes to putting together a top offense. 

28th in the league in pass offense. ranked bottom 10 in almost every single important category. You saw on that last drive how he is holding back this offense. How come when the game is on the line our offense suddenly becomes alive? Allen was going off script and making plays with his arm and legs. 

Daboll has 1 more year to figure his job out or he needs to go. being ranked bottom 5 pass offense as a 10 win playoff team is a joke. 

Edited by Tesla03
k
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Who would have known that an OC who’s been bad every chance he’s had in the NFL would be a bad OC for us? 

McD is 0-2 on OC choices. I doubt he gets fired though because continuity or something ridiculous.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, wvbillsfan said:

That last play was bad news bears like

Right tackle beat

left tackle fell down At the snap

the pats show obvious blitz and he doesn't even bother to put in extra blockers. 

Daboll hasn't got a clue how to do his job. constantly getting out coached. when we can't rely on our defense to make stops and turnovers this is what happens. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Is there a possibility that the OC is bad because the QB can't consistently execute?

Allen didn't play well but how come he always looks 10x better at the end of games when we need to score? almost as if daboll is playing aggressive instead of putting the offense in shackles 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

Is there a possibility that the OC is bad because the QB can't consistently execute?

Well when the QB shows up often when the game is needed for him to ad lib and the entire middle of the game is atrocious, I think it's time to believe the OC stinks. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Who would have known that an OC who’s been bad every chance he’s had in the NFL would be a bad OC for us? 

McD is 0-2 on OC choices. I doubt he gets fired though because continuity or something ridiculous.

Exactly. Brian Daboll has sucked every where he’s EVER been. It’s no surprise he’s not good here. We got the lead and he calls run, run, run after Allen hits the deep ball the series before. WTH?!  

• Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

the pats show obvious blitz and he doesn't even bother to put in extra blockers. 

Daboll hasn't got a clue how to do his job. constantly getting out coached. when we can't rely on our defense to make stops and turnovers this is what happens. 

It's fun to crap on the OC, but we had moments that needed to be executed and we walk out with the W.  In a game against defense like this, that's all you can ask for.  Especially with the offensive limitations we have.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tesla03 said:

Allen didn't play well but how come he always looks 10x better at the end of games when we need to score? almost as if daboll is playing aggressive instead of putting the offense in shackles 

Yes, those 10+ yard passes that Allen missed wildly except for two ALL GAME was because Daboll wasn’t aggressive.

Allen elevates his game in the clutch and runs the offense correctly at that time. The rest of the game, not so much.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tesla03 said:

show me where Daboll has ever led a top NFL offense during his career 

Have you seen what he had to work with? Prior to here he might have had the worst combination of QBs and offensive personnel in the history of the NFL for an OC with more than one team. 

Once again. People look at stats without context. Doesn't work bro. Gotta know what you are looking at.

Edited by matter2003

3 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Yeah, that must be it.  The OC is intentionally tanking the offense for the first 3 quarters. 

How about asking the QB to make a routine throw to his TE from the 15 yd line?

8 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

You DONT PUT IN EXTRA BLOCKERS TO BEAT COVER ZERO IN THE NFL.

You make quick passes to the hot read or go over the top. It’s NFL 101. Guess who misses on the deep ball or fails to get the ball out to the hot read almost every time?

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

The offense wasn’t the reason we lost this game. 

They could have been better, and I’m not a Daboll fan. However, the Pats D has been very good all season, and I’m not using this game to showcase why Daboll is a bad OC. To that point, I completely agree with you. Why is no one pointing to the fact that Brady went 26-33, and looked like the Brady of old? Brady has not been a good QB this season, and our D was destroyed by him. That’s the story of the game for me. 

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

They could have been better, and I’m not a Daboll fan. However, the Pats D has been very good all season, and I’m not using this game to showcase why Daboll is a bad OC. To that point, I completely agree with you. Why is no one pointing to the fact that Brady went 26-33, and looked like the Brady of old? Brady has not been a good QB this season, and our D was destroyed by him. That’s the story of the game for me. 

Exactly. He’s been average at best. He looked really good in this game. The defense let us down and the offense flipped the script. Did Allen miss a few throws?  Yes. But he also had two good deep balls which everyone wanted to see.

• Like (+1) 1

I was really nervous the offense was gonna play conservative today and that's what they did most of the time. Lots of run run pass in the first half. Tried getting a little more creative at the end of the 1st half and into the 2nd, but the lack of reliable recievers is very obvious. We have 2 good recievers and that's it. Knox has moments, but we need a large reciever (cough, Duke williams, cough). I fear this team is gonna struggle in the post season. The defense can't do EVERYTHING 

Josh Allen is well ahead of schedule in his development. And there is something to be said about continuity. Pretty much every current and former QB will tell you that. I’m 100% on board with Daboll coming back next year. The grass is rarely greener on the other side when it comes to these things. We’ve all seen the games. How many times have the players killed their own momentum by failing to execute? 

• Like (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

They played Cover 0 which makes the offense throw quickly....Allen’s weakness.  Do you want only 2 WR running routes?

Allen was inaccurate throughout the day.  He made big plays but also missed a lot as well.

• Like (+1) 3

Daboll is terrible  Repeatedly ran right into a stacked front on first down  every time On obvious passing downs no extra help for his turnstile tackles.  Every third down conversion has to be some perfectly executed pattern and pass  Cant run a screen.  No answer to the Pats pass rush and they rushed 4 for the most part.   OL blows too  Every yard Singeltary got he earned tonight

20 minutes ago, BigBobby said:

Maybe I'm wrong. But has the designed QB run worked 1 time this year? Might as well march gore out there. It's like we're playing with a handicap. 

Statistically, it's probably been our most effective play this season. Can't remember where I saw it, but a couple weeks ago, I remember reading that our success rate on the QB keepers was like double our average.

Edited by DCOrange

I have a hard time blaming daboll. He is sketchy sometimes and a little too cute on his plays occasionally. But we don’t execute. 
If you want aggressive offensive play calling the offense needs to execute the little stuff. Sometimes they just can’t. Allen misses throws. Offensive line misses blocks. Receivers drop balls. They have no rhythm. 
When they execute and play well you see games like Dallas where we look good. 
I am sure they could upgrade coordinator but it’s hard to keep putting the blame on him. 
If Allen hits those two touchdowns this thread isn’t here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1