Week 15: Around the League

6 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

even if we lose the next 2 and beat the jets we are limping into the playoffs and will most likely get embarrassed by the texans or KC 

we can't keep up with either of their offenses. we need to make a statement and win tonight or beat Brady in Foxboro next week. 

So by this logic if we win tonight or against the Pat's then we can hang with the Texans or KC. OK then.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

even if we lose the next 2 and beat the jets we are limping into the playoffs and will most likely get embarrassed by the texans or KC 

we can't keep up with either of their offenses. we need to make a statement and win tonight or beat Brady in Foxboro next week. 

We didn't even get embarrassed by the Ravens man.  Come on with this stuff.  I get the limping in part but jeeze dude.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Our D can hold any O down in the league. I'm not worried who we play in the playoffs. 

I want to enter the playoffs with momentum or playing at our highest level this year. Limping in losing 3 straight is not a recipe for success in the playoffs.

I think most Bills fans want to go into the playoffs looking strong.  But it’s not always an indicator of success.

The 2007 Giants made the playoff match at 9-7 with a soft schedule and thankfully ended a perfect NE season.

I remember TEN with Mularkey upsetting KC in round 1 a few years back.  It’s a new season in the playoffs.  Nothing else matters.

I would agree with you.  I’d like to see atleast 2 wins

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I think most Bills fans want to go into the playoffs looking strong.  But it’s not always an indicator of success.

The 2007 Giants made the playoff match at 9-7 with a soft schedule and thankfully ended a perfect NE season.

I remember TEN with Mularkey upsetting KC in round 1 a few years back.  It’s a new season in the playoffs.  Nothing else matters.

I would agree with you.  I’d like to see atleast 2 wins

This is true.

I wonder if a team has ever gone 0-4 the last 4 games and made the playoffs? 

Wow Cowboys ..  win the coin toss and elect to kick-off .. the referee double checked with Dak who confirmed.. You have 3 choices 1) Receive the ball, 2) Kick the ball, or 3) Defer so the Rams would have gotten the choice in the first half and the Cowboys would have gotten the choice in the second half. They chose 2 which nobody does because that means the Rams get the ball in the first in the first half (Cowboys kick)  and can elect to receive in the second hald which they will do .. so they get the ball first in both halves .. ouch. Can't fix dysfunction.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Wow Cowboys ..  win the coin toss and elect to kick-off .. the referee double checked with Dak who confirmed.. You have 3 choices 1) Receive the ball, 2) Kick the ball, or 3) Defer so the Rams would have gotten the choice in the first half and the Cowboys would have gotten the choice in the second half. They chose 2 which nobody does because that means the Rams get the ball in the first in the first half (Cowboys kick)  and can elect to receive in the second hald which they will do .. so they get the ball first in both halves .. ouch. Can't fix dysfunction.

My goodness... How. How. How. what. How. Why. Who. When. How. Where. How.

Edited by whatdrought

2 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

WWWwwwhat ?....lol

5 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Incredible.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I’m betting whoever chose to kick plays Madden; they’ve apparently screwed this up in every football video game ever made. 

What I don’t really understand is: how do you get it right weeks 1-14 and then get it wrong in week 15?

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Incredible.

Announcers trying to bend over backwards to put the fault for it on the officials (Aikman I guess), Also incredible.

Listen up Troy, Dak is the captain, he’s out there, he has two choices 1) defer choice 2) make choice (kick or receive)

If he says we want to defend or kick he’s making a choice.

He’s a Big Boy, he really needs to know how it works by now and it’s not up to the refs to bail him out or “make sure he understands”.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Why is it the the referee's responsibility to tell Dak he should say defer after he already said "kick" twice. He's been playing long enough to know how this works.

I imagine it's probably never come up in Dak's career before. He probably didn't know there was a difference, but regardless, the ref asked him if he was sure, Dak responded by saying they want to defer to the 2nd half and then the ref decided to just ignore that.

It's probably not the ref's responsibility to do the ole "Are you suuuuure you want to do that?" thing, but once the ref asked Dak to clarify, he should have abided by what Dak actually said instead of just doing whatever he wanted to do.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I imagine it's probably never come up in Dak's career before. He probably didn't know there was a difference, but regardless, the ref asked him if he was sure, Dak responded by saying they want to defer to the 2nd half and then the ref decided to just ignore that.

It's probably not the ref's responsibility to do the ole "Are you suuuuure you want to do that?" thing, but once the ref asked Dak to clarify, he should have abided by what Dak actually said instead of just doing whatever he wanted to do.

The ref gave him a second chance .. and Dak said yes kick-off .. then after saying kick-off twice Dak finally said defer.  At some point .. you have to take the guys answer. I would be fine if they had given it to him, but the Cowboys only have themselves to blame.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rivers needs to retire 

I really do feel like Tyrod might be better at this point in Rivers' career. Probably not worth benching him at this point though since they aren't competing for a playoff spot anyways. Respectful thing is to just let Rivers play it out this year and then draft his replacement in the offseason.

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

the raaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiders are taking it to dougie and the jags

First half stats, ouch...With the $80 mil man benched :)

Gardner Minshew 3/10 69 0

Edited by stosh64
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Why is it the the referee's responsibility to tell Dak he should say defer after he already said "kick" twice. He's been playing long enough to know how this works.

True. The refs also gave DAL a “ warning” when the hit Allen after a slide. A lot of hand holding from the officials with team Jerruh. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm sorry what exactly is your point? 

They'd have absolutely no other option if Cody Ford wasn't drafted? Cody Ford has been a bad RT to this point. The Bills would be better served with AJ Brown or DK Metcalf then Cody Ford. Thats not a guess. 

It absolutely is a guess. I'm not surprised that you can't see that, though.