Bengals going back to Andy Dalton

YoloinOhio

Just now, Seasons1992 said:

I had this EXACT convo last night at the brewery last night with my friends. They were like, "why, it doesn't matter." 

They've given up and hate their franchise way more than I expected.

Bengals trying to see if Finley might be the answer at QB as they determine whether to take Burrow or Young. Narrator: “He wasn’t” 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They have some breathing room on the #1 pick so this makes sense. Trying not to go 0-16.

...Mike Brown paying a #1 pick?.....seriously?.......he's ALREADY lining up trade partners.....baptismal money is STILL in the vault......

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Even half way competent QB play and they beat the Raiders last week and Pittsburgh this week.

I get it that with only 1 game separation - not wanting the wins, but I think not getting a win when you had a chance might cost them long term.  I think their coach is outmatched and that locker room must be defeated.

18 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

there goes the # 1 pick 

Jets, Browns, Pats***, Dolphins, Browns.  

Maybe they can repeat and keep a conference competitor out of the playoffs like in 2017 

They'll definitely get at least one win.  i'm not holding my breath, but hopefully its against the Pats.

26 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I had this EXACT convo last night at the brewery last night with my friends. They were like, "why, it doesn't matter." 

They've given up and hate their franchise way more than I expected.

Just tell them, "Hey, at least your franchise has a quarterback who's had some 300-yard passing games this year!"

That'll make 'em feel better.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pop gun said:

IMO Dalton wasn't the problem there, though I don't think he is much more than an avg QB. Coaching and ownership leave a little something to be desired in Cincy, wouldn't want to go there if I was a player. 

Of course Andy Dalton is not part of the problem but he’s also not part of the solution.

The Bengals/Zac Taylor have a shot to grab a generational level QB that Dalton could only dream of being. Before doing that, they just wanted to make sure Lindley wasn’t the next Brady.