Week 12: Broncos at Bills Postgame Thread

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

That’s honestly really odd. I was taken back by how disrespectful and Genuinely uninformed their media was.   

Perhaps the main reason I really didn't want Josh to go to Denver. That and if Elway drafted him, he probably still be sitting the bench.

3 hours ago, Tcali said:

hard to criticize this game. I think DEN is a pretty good team.Better than their record. -This is Bills best effort this season

The last two have been the most complete games, really pleased with the changes.  Penalties are the only negative, but that group seemed bound and determined to disrupt the flow of the game.  Anyone have stats on the games they have called?

2 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

GREAT Defensive W! Solid, The Broncos are not from Division 3!
More like Tennessee, but still a team the Bills should beat and they did so! 
The next 4 weeks are the real test! Must win 1, but 2 is great! 

If the Girls win today, everything is on the table!

So far, so perfect!

WK1 @ Jets. WIN (1-0)

WK2 @ Giants WIN (2-0)

WK3 Bengals WIN (3-0)

WK4 Patriots LOSS (3-1)

WK5 @ Titans WIN (4-1)

WK6 BYE (4-1) 

WK7 Dolphins WIN (5-1)

WK8 Eagles LOSS (5-2)

WK9 Redskins WIN (6-2)

WK10 @ Browns LOSS (6-3)

WK11 @ Dolphins WIN (7-3) 

WK12 Broncos WIN (8-3)

WK13 @ Cowboys LOSS (8-4)

WK14 Ravens WIN (9-4)

WK15 @ Steelers LOSS (9-5)

WK16 @ Patriots LOSS (9-6)

WK17 Jets WIN  (10-6) 

Let’s see whether they can finally beat good teams and prove me wrong.

Not bad, did you put a bet on it? 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I love how the sidelines ref gives Belichick a pat....

?

Different topic:

I didn’t hear anyone ask Allen about his shirt

Would love to know the backstory

Maybe Post Malone lyrics passed under the press radar

17 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

McD..."You'll have to tell me what incredulous means."?

That was pretty sweet.  They asked him like 3 times trying to bait him into being controversial about the ref’s I think.  I‘m pretty damn sure he knows what it means.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

?

Different topic:

I didn’t hear anyone ask Allen about his shirt

Would love to know the backstory

Maybe Post Malone lyrics passed under the press radar

That was pretty sweet.  They asked him like 3 times trying to bait him into being controversial about the ref’s I think.

The whole team (or a lot of it) went to the post Malone concert in Buffalo earlier this year - maybe he got the shirt there 

• Like (+1) 2

Wow what an old school Buffalo Bill's whipping of an opponent.  This game kept reminding me of those 1990's days at Rich Stadium when a team came in and the Bills just took care of business.  Nothing flashy - just bad a$$.

The defense was great.  A brutal 4 man pass rush and a very good run defense just smothered the Bronco's offense.  Milano and Lawson had awesome games as did White and BOTH safeties.  And keep in mind the Denver offense had almost 400 yards against the Vikings last week.  It seemed like in the 2nd half the Bills were toying with the Bronco's O.

The offense was also great.  This is exactly what McD wants from his offense and his QB.  Keep in mind that the Bills first 3 possessions started INSIDE their own 10 yard line.  But rather then go 3 & out the Bills got out of the hole all 3 times including 2 long drives that ended in FG's.  In a game like this a 6 - 0 lead is big.

Then in the 2nd half, the O took the ball and drove for a TD that effectively put the game out of reach with the way the Bill's D was playing.  And early in the 4th quarter Allen & Brown stuck a dagger in the heart of the Bronco's with a beautiful deep ball TD.  The O rolled up 424 yards; had only 1 TO and over 35 minutes of TOP.  Combine this with a shutdown D and you win the game every time.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bills seem to be hitting their stride at just the right time of the year. If they can steal one or two wins in the next four games, that would be swell.

"swell?"  I have not heard that expression in decades.  Cheers to you for resurrecting an old nugget.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The whole team (or a lot of it) went to the post Malone concert in Buffalo earlier this year - maybe he got the shirt there 

Oh, that’s cool.  But I’m still feeling it was probably a deliberate choice to wear it today both to the field and post-game.

Evidently the Denver OL found a sure-fire way to motivate Shaq Lawson

LOL at Reid Ferguson.  Nails it.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

That’s honestly really odd. I was taken back by how disrespectful and Genuinely uninformed their media was.   

Lived in Denver for years and "taken aback" generally describes my reaction to that fan base. There are lots of sports media bubbles, but theirs is one of the weirdest I've experienced. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, that’s cool.  But I’m still feeling it was probably a deliberate choice to wear it today both to the field and post-game.

Evidently the Denver OL found a sure-fire way to motivate Shaq Lawson

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/11/24/buffalo-bills-shaq-lawson-says-denver-broncos-talking-trash-sacks-contract-year-sean-mcdermott/4290903002/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I sit behind the Bills bench and saw Foster running along the sidelines after going down, so based on that it doesn't appear to be a major injury.

I hope so.

While not a big contributor to the O he’s a big contributor as a gunner on ST. That’s lost on fans, I think, when discussing his season. If Duke wants to supplant Foster and be active he better start making contributions to ST.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MDH said:

In the modern NFL I’ll take a dominant pass D over run D any day.

Ask Denver if they wouldn't have enjoyed a decent Run D today. Or maybe the Bills were just that good? They did have the luxury of not having to worry about B. Allen carving them up.

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Ask Denver if they wouldn't have enjoyed a decent Run D today. Or maybe the Bills were just that good? They did have the luxury of not having to worry about B. Allen carving them up.

One game sample size. Yeah, as the Bills D has shown, a suspect run D will occasionally cost you but you’re better off in the long run with a stout pass D.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Does anyone know what happened on that JA interception today? There was no replay of the play.

Bad read? Bad throw? Wind?

Looked like it just sailed on him or slipped out of his hand at the wrong launch point. Couldn’t have been a bad read as there wasn’t a Bills WR remotely near the pass. Fluke INT 

35 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Lived in Denver for years and "taken aback" generally describes my reaction to that fan base. There are lots of sports media bubbles, but theirs is one of the weirdest I've experienced. 

Interesting. I just read an article post game on mile high report. The writer called the loss embarrassing and said the Vikings loss was to a dark horse Super Bowl team. He then called the Bills “ overrated” lol. Who the heck is overrating the Bills ? I’ve yet to see it by any major media source. 

19 minutes ago, MDH said:

In the modern NFL I’ll take a dominant pass D over run D any day.

Don't know if it is one or the other, you need both. If you can shut down the run and force a team into being one-dimensional your pass defense reaps the benefits. It helps too if the offense can get up on them early to force a team into thinking pass only to catch-up.

When the Bills were sporting a great pass defense, but started to get gashed against the run it impacted our defense as a whole. Unable to get off the field, having to commit our safeties to the box, leaving our secondary exposed, poor field position for our offense if the D did get a stop with less offensive chances due to poor TOP.

If you can run on a team that has a high-powered offense you keep that offense cooling its heels on the sideline.

We can agree to disagree, but IMO I don't think a good run defense is a fad that has gone out of style. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Interesting. I just read an article post game on mile high report. The writer called the loss embarrassing and said the Vikings loss was to a dark horse Super Bowl team. He then called the Bills “ overrated” lol. Who the heck is overrating the Bills ? I’ve yet to see it by any major media source. 

sour grapes. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Don't know if it is one or the other, you need both. If you can shut down the run and force a team into being one-dimensional your pass defense reaps the benefits. It helps too if the offense can get up on them early to force a team into thinking pass only to catch-up.

When the Bills were sporting a great pass defense, but started to get gashed against the run it impacted our defense as a whole. Unable to get off the field, having to commit our safeties to the box, leaving our secondary exposed, poor field position for our offense if the D did get a stop with less offensive chances due to poor TOP.

If you can run on a team that has a high-powered offense you keep that offense cooling its heels on the sideline.

We can agree to disagree, but IMO I don't think a good run defense is a fad that has gone out of style. 

Any time we looked bad as a defense the entire season we were being gashed in the run game. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

? “I bet I show you”

“First of all, they were talking junk,’’ said Lawson after he pulled on a sweatshirt reading “Buffalo vs. Everybody.’’

“That’s my thing, I talk junk. You can’t out-junk me. I like that stuff. To start the game, I think it was No. 60 (center Connor McGovern), he goes ‘I haven’t remembered you since college.’ I said, ‘I bet I show you.’ ’’

I bet Lawson’s comeback line was a lot more colorful than that. You don’t start a war of one-liners with Rodney Dangerfield and get “I bet I show you.’’

Praise from The Man:

And this is what makes Frank Gore and this Bills team special:

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3