Bills vs Broncos PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

Coffee

Raking leaves

Some work for tomorrow

WGR pregame

Quick errand 

Breakfast sandwiches (my wife makes them...bagel, cream cheese and BLT) 

Slay the Broncos 

Stromboli and Resurgence IPA "The Surge" for the game. What could go wrong? 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Why is everyone challenging the Bills about playing against Von Miller.  This OL did play MIles Garrett a few weeks ago and did well to keep him in check.  Why couldn't the same OL do the same against Von Miller.

no Ty Nsekhe this game... however, I do think we’ll scheme decently to give whoever’s assigned to Miller some help.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Get hoarse on the horses!

In  news from the Border War, the Wyoming Cowboys took care of the CSU Rams.....er, Sheep....final score 17-7

Coincidence?  I THINK NOT!  Our #17, preserved from the need to eat crow on his drive-by, is free to have a fantabulous day

Go Josh and GO BILLS!!!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Why is everyone challenging the Bills about playing against Von Miller.  This OL did play MIles Garrett a few weeks ago and did well to keep him in check.  Why couldn't the same OL do the same against Von Miller.

The OL didn't keep Garrett in check.  Allen was under pressure, unable to progress in his reads, forced to make quicker throws than he wanted, unable to follow thru comfortably on many throws, and had a larger number tipped or touched (little deflection) than is realized.  That's why he completed only 54% of his throws.

People typically under-rate the impact of pressure (not just hits and sacks) on a QB's play

So if we see that again,  the question will be, does Allen take another step, and does Daboll give him a bit better of a game plan - one that does not rely entirely upon Allen, at this stage of his career, being able to make the right read and complete deeper throws under pressure to back them off?

• Like (+1) 2

I like the Bills to win going away today. Everyone points to Denver's narrow losses and says it means they'll play the Bills close in Buffalo. I say it means they're due for a beatdown in Bills Country. I think today is the day the Bills finally get some good bounces of the football and jump out to a big early lead. They'll clamp down on Denver's offense and this will be a big win... We'll need it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Coffee

Raking leaves

Some work for tomorrow

WGR pregame

Quick errand 

Breakfast sandwiches (my wife makes them...bagel, cream cheese and BLT) 

Slay the Broncos 

Stromboli and Resurgence IPA "The Surge" for the game. What could go wrong? 

Lost you at IPA

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Garrett impacted that game quite a bit, but we still had a chance to win it at the end in OT and missed the kick. The Bills did indeed keep Miller in check 2 years ago with what i believe was a much worse OL, so I’m not hanging the outcome of the game on that matchup. Running the ball as much a possible to take advantage of Ford’s strengths would seem a good idea, plus they can employ Lee Smith on that side for help. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Garrett impacted that game quite a bit, but we still had a chance to win it at the end in OT and missed the kick. The Bills did indeed keep Miller in check 2 years ago with what i believe was a much worse OL, so I’m not hanging the outcome of the game on that matchup. Running the ball as much a possible to take advantage of Ford’s strengths would seem a good idea, plus they can employ Lee Smith on that side for help. 

I was praying Lee would be inactive today...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

the Key to the Game for me, is whether Daboll has a strategy to run the ball against a stacked box other than "have Josh throw".

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The OL didn't keep Garrett in check.  Allen was under pressure, unable to progress in his reads, forced to make quicker throws than he wanted, unable to follow thru comfortably on many throws, and had a larger number tipped or touched (little deflection) than is realized.  That's why he completed only 54% of his throws.

People typically under-rate the impact of pressure (not just hits and sacks) on a QB's play

So if we see that again,  the question will be, does Allen take another step, and does Daboll give him a bit better of a game plan - one that does not rely entirely upon Allen, at this stage of his career, being able to make the right read and complete deeper throws under pressure to back them off?

I recall 2 near strip sacks where he managed to throw the the ball away while taking the hit.  Borderline intentional grounding or worse plays.

9 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I recall 2 near strip sacks where he managed to throw the the ball away while taking the hit.  Borderline intentional grounding or worse plays.

Yeah, you look at the stat line, see 1 sack for 6 yards and think "whoo hoo OL good job!" but it's not so simple.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not sure the Broncos have the personnel in the secondary to stack the box 

Ha!  Well, Harris thinks they do....Do the Bills have more than 1 WR they need to cover?  We haven't been doing so well against man....

I'm sounding downer. 

Go Bills!  We can win this, I know we can, but it's gonna be tough.

I'd love to be wrong here

13 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

I was praying Lee would be inactive today...

Spin your prayer wheel for a no-penalty-day 'cuz that's not happening

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, you look at the stat line, see 1 sack for 6 yards and think "whoo hoo OL good job!" but it's not so simple.

Ha!  Well, Harris thinks they do....Do the Bills have more than 1 WR they need to cover?  We haven't been doing so well against man....

I'm sounding downer. 

Go Bills!  We can win this, I know we can, but it's gonna be tough.

I'd love to be wrong here

Spin your prayer wheel for a no-penalty-day 'cuz that's not happening

They need to cover Beasley and Knox as well