Post Game Thread Bills vs Pats*

Chandler#81

7 minutes ago, mattynh said:

For me this game came down to 5 key mistakes made by Josh Allen.  All three INT's and two sacks in FG range are all on him, unforced errors due to trying to do too much.   Secondarily, wasting challenges by McDermott was terrible, two awful challenges with no chance of getting them overturned.    Heck, we played the entire 4th quarter with no timeouts and had to take a penalty down by the goal line that may have wiped out a go ahead TD.   Third was some costly penalties but all in all the team played hard and they could have been overcome.

The punter has not been bad before this game was he?  The blocking was a problem on two punts, one was blocked and the other he shanked due to a rusher.

Very encouraged by the effort by the D and the offense without the mistakes outplayed the Pats offense.   We ran the ball well against this tough defense.  A lot to be encouraged about but we f moral victories, you have to start beating these guys.

Except it didn't. THE difference was the blocked punt.

They dont block the punt and we win.

at least the refs weren't trying to give them the game.

Gore is a beast!!

I don't know what happened to Josh's deep ball but he needs to spend time with the WRs on it.

Josh is still young and will get better. Kelly took a few years before he became elite.

We just went toe to toe with the best team in the league and had chances to win, so we are a good team and will meet them again in Foxboro.

21 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Again, for you and the people in the back, I did not bring up Mahomes, I just made a quick comment to agree with SOMEONE ELSE that brought up mahomes. Fact remains, he’s right. That’s not my takeaway from today’s game, just a side observation. My takeaway was the defense looked disgusting.

You seem more obsessed about it than I do, frankly, maybe because your goldenboy QB looked horrific? IDK. But Im done with you.

Stop acting like you didnt say it when even you admit you did!! I replied to your comment, but my initial comments weren't even directed at you but you seemed to take exception. The Bills ACTUAL quarterback play has no effect my feelings towards a player on another team. You are a Bills fan afterall, right? Besides isnt it a little petty to respond to me saying 'On to the Titans' w/'Im done with you?'

Fwiw, thats a polite way of saying this is silly, lets move on....

"No, I broke up with you!! You didnt dump me!!!' :)

Edited by gobills1212

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Hopefully. I’d be surprised if he makes the TEN game. We are entering the “ money “ portion of the schedule as far as having a path to ten wins goes. A loss to TEN would be much worse than losing to NE. I actually feel pretty good about where they stand right now. They were outgunned vs the Pats but got in a slobberknocker of a game and went to the wire. The season rides on Josh and hm getting more patient and not forcing things. 

I’ll lay some of it on the play calling, as well. Why did we decide to deep so often? That has not been our thing thru 3 weeks, and it didn’t work today. Why the new emphasis, changing direction to something so unsuccessful? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Except it didn't. THE difference was the blocked punt.

That play was huge.  Take away the blocked punt and the game plays out different, both sides make different calls.    You cant say it would be a tie game or the Bills win by 1, it never would have went that way.   You make decisions and calls based on the down, distance, score etc.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

Stop acting like you didnt say it when even you admit you did!! I replied to your comment, but my initial comments weren't even directed at you but you seemed to take exception. The Bills ACTUAL quarterback play has no effect my feelings towards a player on another team. You are a Bills fan afterall, right? Besides isnt it a little petty to respond to me saying 'On to the Titans' w/Im done with you? 

"No, I broke up with you!! You didnt dump me!!!' :)

look it was (in hindsight) a horrible decision to pass him up. No one knew it at the time (except Andy Reid, maybe) but I am not going to fault other posters for bringing that up, especially after that performance by Allen today.

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ll lay some of it on the play calling, as well. Why did we decide to deep so often? That has not been our thing thru 3 weeks, and it didn’t work today. Why the new emphasis, changing direction to something so unsuccessful? 

I wondered that too, though I never like to question playcalling unless it’s glaring ( like run, run, pass Jauron ball or SEA at the goal line in the SB). There’s not a lot to exploit vs that D, and I think Daboll wanted some chunk plays as a long drive against NE likely ends with a BUF mistake. Also because they haven’t really shown it except for a deep shot here and there. Needed to keep them guessing. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

look it was (in hindsight) a horrible decision to pass him up. No one knew it at the time (except Andy Reid, maybe) but I am not going to fault other posters for bringing that up, especially after that performance by Allen today.

Yep, it was and maybe always will be. We can’t change it, but the results on the field will dictate the FO and McDs future. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Low snap plus slow release gave Pats extra time to get in.  DiMarco did the right thing and held the inside rusher off.  You gotta be able to get a punt off even if guy coming from outside is unblocked.  Different story on inside pressure.  

Why don't you blame the snapper?  I don't think it's fair to blame the kicker when an unblocked defender blocks the kick.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I wondered thatbtoo, though I never like to question playcalling unless it’s glaring ( like run, run, pass Jauron ball or SEA at the goal line in the SB). There’s not a lot to exploit vs that D, and I think Daboll wanted some chunk plays as a long drive against NE likely ends with a BUF mistake. Also because they haven’t really shown it except for a deep shot here and there. Needed to keep them guessing. 

I think I saw at one point Gore had 9 carries for 88 yards. A little more of that might have been nice. But I’m not a big second guesser on the small sample size of one game. More curious than accusatory. 

9 minutes ago, mattynh said:

So  you think the blocked punt is on Bojo?  I did not consider that but will look at it again.  But that guy was right in there, not sure I agree.

low snap too. Bork had to take it off his laces... that is a nit I think we don't pick.

I've never been more happy with a loss in my life. I said before the game that this was a litmus test and I think we passed with flying colors. Defense is downright dirty and if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot on offense we could have won the game. I really like what we have here. GO BILLS!!!!

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

I've never been more happy with a loss in my life. I said before the game that this was a litmus test and I think we passed with flying colors. Defense is downright dirty and if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot on offense we could have won the game. I really like what we have here. GO BILLS!!!!

Right? We lost, but we weren’t losers. If that makes sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

When all the dust settles, I think this is the best take away from this game.When all the dust settles, I think this is the best take away from this game.

Outside of the perennial negative folks, how many actually thought we would give NE that much of a fight?

I sure has hell didn't, but as one poster alluded to, it almost hurts worse that it was so close and there for the taking. Have to see what the pressers say about Allen and how long he may be out. I thought the officiating was pretty balanced right up to the Brady clear intentional grounding, and the non-ejection on the helmet to helmet to Allen.

This team is on the rise folks, the sky is not falling, and I think we have a very good shot at getting into the playoffs this year - after than anything can happen. But we have not had a shot at being relevant in a long time. This is not a bad team, the offense needs work, but they were exposed against one of the best defenses in the league.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I suppose I should feel like you, but I feel like I need therapy. There isn't a happy cell in my body right now.  New England has ruined this game for me.

So tired of these "moral victories."  I just want to beat that team. I want that team in the past.

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

YES!!! Moral victories are what it is all about!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Bypass or be surprised that it didn’t get edited? Let’s see some insightful content out of you and determine who provides value. So that’s an admission you quoted someone’s as to ensure their post was noted? Goodluck. 

Wow. Lotta high postcount, high rep posters on here that I've interacted with and never seen one as pompous as you. Because you used a profanity? And I didn't make a nested quote of what you said so I don't even know what you're talking about. But we're all just plebs aren't we? CommonCents? We can't ever get what the patricians around here are trying to teach us. 

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The Bills are a half decent QB away from having a Super Bowl contending team. 

Our defense is truly elite, we have a decent OL and enough weapons on offense. We just need a QB who can efficiently run an NFL offense. 

offense line is inconsistent. Dawkins is worriesome. Ford not there yet...

Our defense is truly elite, we have a decent OL and enough weapons on offense. We just need a QB who can efficiently run an NFL offense. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

YES!!! Moral victories are what it is all about!!

Nope. But they purposely took out JA because the momentum was going our way. I think it’s a strong chance they pull that game out with JA in there. Not a moral victory at all, but I feel much better about this team than if they got worked over by the Pats* offense and got shut out. This team isn’t there yet, but it’s getting there. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

“Josh looked so bad!”

Yup. The Pats QB - wassisname?- looked like garbage, too. 

One game does not a season (or career) make. Josh will get it done in the future. He’s got “it”.  

The difference:

Allen throws interceptions into double coverage and Brady throws the ball away. 

Edited by jrober38

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You can say that again!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

The difference:

Allen throws interceptions into double coverage and Brady throws the ball away. 

Shocking that there would be a difference between a guy in his 15th start and the supposed GOAT. Unbelievable ! 

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I’m not so sure Daboll is the right coach for Josh. Two weeks now I did not like what I see out of Daboll and Josh on the sideline. 

Loved seeing McDermott talking with Josh in between the 1st and 2nd quarter. 

I liked what Daboll was doing in the second half. Don’t see an issue between them. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Shocking that there would be a difference between a guy in his 15th start and the supposed GOAT. Unbelievable ! 

Allen makes mistakes most guys learn not to make in college. 

3 long throws into double coverage today. 3 interceptions. 

Here's no evidence he learns anything from his mistakes. He makes the same mistakes pretty much every game. 

9 minutes ago, Success said:

I suppose I should feel like you, but I feel like I need therapy. There isn't a happy cell in my body right now.  New England has ruined this game for me.

So tired of these "moral victories."  I just want to beat that team. I want that team in the past.

We'll be whooping that ass in due time. What they have done is unprecedented. It's really amazing but it is about to be over. Nothing lasts forever. 

• Thank you (+1) 1