Post Game Thread Bills vs Pats*

Chandler#81

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t kno, but they do. Therefore Brady = fair game. Take him out with a dome or knee shot. 

The NFL should really step in regarding the spearing of Allen. Sad that they won't. Honestly, if it wasn't for the Bill's, I'm not sure if I'd even watch the game anymore. Hockey seems so much more enjoyable, even with losses. 

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

I still like going for it on 4th and goal. If we scored a TD there do we win? With all the insane mistakes that is how close this game was.

I strongly agree with the decision to go for it on 4th down.  That was our best chance to win the game.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Hate to say it but it might be time to move on from Allen. This team is really good and Barkley can at least get us to the playoffs. 

Josh has had two off seasons, two training camps, two preseasons, and 16 games. He’s been erratic at best but today was the first time I started to question his mental toughness. This game reminded me of the Peterman five picks game in that Josh got so far into his own head that he couldn’t execute the most basic tasks required by an NFL QB. You have to be able to move on to the next play. So much of what happened today he did to himself, and that’s the worst part of it.

Actually 1 off season not 2. How many has Barkley had? What has Barkley done in his career to think he can get us into the playoffs? What did he do today to make you think that?

5 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Yeah, hard to figure what that strategy was. Basically, admitting we can't win doing what we have been doing, so lets try to surprize them. Guest what, that does not work against good teams.

This is literally what the Patriots try to do every week.

6 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I might be slightly over reacting, but yes belichick knows how to make young QBs look terrible (goff suber bowl). BUT, belichick didn't force allen to make those incredibly terrible throws. All the picks were 100% terrible throws and decisions by Allen and those mistakes will never beat good teams. I thought Allen looked more decisive so far this year and better throws, today he was worse than he's ever been.

No he didn’t , many of those were unforced errors. We saw the frustration coming out from a young QB that forced things when the opportunity wasn’t really there. Patience will come slowly to Josh, it seems. However, he has talent and just might have pulled this out against the odds. 

11 minutes ago, WideNine said:

As much as I like the fun-loving nature of Allen, he often says things like "back in your generation, or you old guys may have done..." 

Reminds me of my son when I predicted something he was going to do going horribly wrong and he argued with me later, "what makes you think you were going to be right?". We were driving back from a fishing trip and I said, "I have more wisdom than you".

"What do you mean?" he asked me.

"It means I have more years on earth and more experience than you and it helps me make better decisions." 

"By that rational, I will never have more wisdom than you do", he said with a lot of teenage sauce.

I looked over at him, winked and pointed with a cha-ching sound :)

The moral of the story is that Allen needs to start listening to what those with experience around him are saying and he seems like my thick-headed teen in a lot of ways.

We will see how he responds to this as I have never seen Daboll so in his face that angry and animated. What I am not sure I liked is the way Daboll stopped talking to him.... as pissed as you are as a coach you have to set some of that aside and figure out a way to get your QB back on track. Maybe that happened over half time - cannot say, but it was telling that McD had to come over to settle things.

It’s not at all uncommon for young talented athletes to get a little full of themselves and stop listening.  Yeah, they may say the right things, but they’re thinking “I gotta win this thing, I gotta make something happen!” and “I can throw the ball out the end zone if I score!” Instead of taking it one play at a time and laser-focus on study and hard preparation.

If Allen has what it takes, this game will be a “course correction” for him and he’ll learn that if you don’t put every ounce of energy you have into game preparation for a good opponent, you’re going to get your clock cleaned by someone who does.

If he doesn’t figure it out, he doesn’t have what it takes.

But none of us know that now.  Every QB has bad games.  It’s what happens next time he plays that matters.

As for Daboll, IMHO he needs to go home and spend some quality time looking in front of a mirror to see who’s responsible for the totality of Allen’s play in that game.  I’ll wait for the all-22 to make a judgement, but IMHO Daboll’s play calling did not position Allen for success.   I think he was trying to be too cute at times and that Belichek basically has “The Book” on Daboll as an OC.  But he still could have had success if he stuck to what we really do well.

• Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

This is, sadly, true

Coulda had Brady too! I mean, how long are we really going to do this for? Its pointless. Same as rationalizing games by ' well if this happened then we'd have won'. 

It sucks they lost. It was there for the taking. As C.T. said, the tide is turning. This team is coming of age. Sure the O needs to catch up but thats a REALLY good D. They took their lumps and stayed in the game and made it interesting. They put up a respectable fight and should have fans encouraged for the rest of the season. This time to find a new qb crap is just dumb. Grow up and be a man football fan. Some of these comments make me ashamed for Bills fans. Couple butt hurt idiots making themselves look like fools. Sad. Dont hang your head - be encouraged. They hung with the Pats proving they can hang w/anyone. Not something we've been able to say w/out and flukiness in 18 years. Cheers!!

5 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I did see it i even said “aside from a pristine scripted drive” in the 3rd...which is what you’re referring to and I’ll say no, at this point, one of those drives a game is not going to adequately counterweight Allen being this cavalier with the ball. That’s why I’m worried.

I’ll call it more concerned than worried (it won’t affect MY life in a significant way), but you’d have to be blind to not have reservations. I just know some of the best QB’s of all time looked pretty ugly early, including Elway, Aikman and Peyton. NOT saying he’s THAT caliber, but it happens.

Josh was NOT my guy coming out of college, but he’s OUR guy now and slowly wining me over, despite what we saw today. I kept saying there will be some serious bumps in the road. Today is high on that list.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Maybe but then again we have played them tight and lost one game many times to get blown out in the second meeting.  Allen needs to improve his decision making  Hoodie will keep exploiting that

This Bills team had better keep their heads up and build on this effort today. They are winners all the way. I just hope that they view this as a moral victory and an important step. The blow out days are coming to an end.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Allen had plenty of time on many throws today...

either...

A- Find the open wr

B- Find a covered we and throw it where only he can catch it

C - Throw it out of bounds

D - Run AND GET DOWN

i...instead we got BAD THROWS THAT WERE INTERCEPTED AND SACKS!

Loss is on him...and to a lesser extent Barkley. 

He did, lot of the stupid plays were on 1st down which makes it sting even more.  Kid is determined on every play to make something happen be it good or bad.  At some point in time someone has to have a sit down and explain situational football  I hate to make the comparison but he reminds me a lot of Jameis Winston.  You cant force balls , take sacks, throw downfield deep late  Josh is doing it at a alarming rate per snap.  We overlook it when turns a sack into a gain but its not sustainable

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Allen had plenty of time on many throws today...

either...

A - Find the open wr

B - Find a covered wr and throw it where only he can catch it

C - Throw it out of bounds

D - Run AND GET DOWN

i...instead we got BAD THROWS THAT WERE INTERCEPTED AND SACKS!

Loss is on him...and to a lesser extent Barkley. 

Watch the tape. Nobody was open the majority of the time. Sadly, Josh should’ve taken more sacks or thrown balls away, sure. But, watching him get schooled because of a great BB defense will only advance his knowledge of the game. Next time, he will have seen some of this. This time, he was lost.