9/8 Around the NFL Gameday Thread

BuffaloBill

I hate NBC's NFL coverage. It's so horribly sanitary and bland. You can barely hear the crowd. I don't even think the crowd noise is real - it's dubbed so that the viewers can always hear the brilliant announcers. It ruins the experience. 

I miss the days when announcers had to scream to be heard over the crowd. It was more real. Better viewing experience.

Just now, StHustle said:

Anything intelligent to add? Look, I think Josh has the higher ceiling...but as of right now Jackson is outperforming him in all facets including rushing wish was Josh's best aspect of his game last year.

I think you're seeing what you want to see, and omitting key facts, but whatever.

You're a Jackson guy, we get it.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hate everything about the ***** Pats. Every. Single. Thing.

It's hard to understand your feelings... could you be a little less opaque? 

These "protect the house" commercials with Baker are supppppperrr ironic tonight... 

Julian Edelman looks like a stupid ferret who needs to be sucked up in a shop vac.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Anything intelligent to add? Look, I think Josh has the higher ceiling...but as of right now Jackson is outperforming him in all facets including rushing wish was Josh's best aspect of his game last year.

Jackson did some nice things today, but he was essentially playing against air... 

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I think you're seeing what you want to see, and omitting key facts, but whatever.

You're a Jackson guy, we get it.

What key facts????? He has better weapons? Better oline? His QB rating is almost 20 points higher. Better y/a. Josh is 0.2 better is y/c. Better TD/INT ratio by far, more wins. I mean just tell me how Im wrong. 

And Im not a Jackson guy. I root for Josh to end up the best QB out of the draft last year. But Im also not a homer and can see things as they are.

13 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I hate NBC's NFL coverage. It's so horribly sanitary and bland. You can barely hear the crowd. I don't even think the crowd noise is real - it's dubbed so that the viewers can always hear the brilliant announcers. It ruins the experience. 

I miss the days when announcers had to scream to be heard over the crowd. It was more real. Better viewing experience.

I agree.  I dont like Collinsworth, and their graphics are too try-hard.  For instance, how they shade in the area between the LoS and the first down marker in dark green.  Like, wtf?

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Finally playing well after 5 years isn't really that impressive for a top 5 pick... 

The arguement has always been that he is a top 10 WR if healthy.  When healthy his play proves it.

The correct answer is "When he is healthy he definitely has the talent" but can he stay healthy.

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Anybody playing well any time in the NFL is impressive...

Well he's got a ton of ground to make up for, cause he sucked pretty hard up until now...

5 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The arguement has always been that he is a top 10 WR if healthy.  When healthy his play proves it.

The correct answer is "When he is healthy he definitely has the talent" but can he stay healthy.

I won't argue that he's a top 10 talent, I've always felt that his issues went beyond health though. He just doesn't seem like the type who can dominate (except in occasional flashes) maybe he's turned a page (him and John Ross in Cin apparently!) but he's yet to live up to his potential, and he hasn't always been hurt.  

Edited by whatdrought

Just now, Lurker said:

It's old school (Pittsburgh) vs. new school (Pats).   And old isn't looking too good right now....

They can't make up for not having Brown keeping the D honest. I was wondering if they might produce, but more likely they will be bad and struggle to be successful on offense. 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Why cant teams just insert 4 fast lbs to clog that crossing area. They are always open with no one coming from the other side? 

You would think someone would figure out a way to defend against it by now 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Brady has had about four bad passes already, for you inaccuracy freaks. 

Tough to throw wearing 6 bulky rings.  I'll show myself out.

26 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Sammy Watkins is finaly healthy and gonna shut some mouths.

I started him in Fantasy and he single-handedly carried my team.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I started him in Fantasy and he single-handedly carried my team.

Sammy was started in 15% of CBS leagues, so when you factor in all fantasy platforms, I estimate he put up about a million fantasy bench points today!

As for me, I made a last minute switch from Cousins to Dak.  :thumbsup: