9/8 Around the NFL Gameday Thread

BuffaloBill

22 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Yeah I was looking at the TBD pick em thread and like 2/3rds of the posters were picking Pitt over the Patsies. Some serious wishful thinking there considering the patsies have made much more talented squeelers teams than this their beotches.

Why would posters pick the Steelers? Buffalo will be competing against them for the wild card, so we want New England to win. I am willing to concede New England wining the East, and Baltimore will win the North.

Edited by class_of_2012

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Not many Patriots games. Who on their schedule is going to beat them? Will have to wait for the playoffs and maybe Mahomes can outduel him? Maybe

That is what I'm thinking at this early juncture.  Aside from a Brady season ending injury, not that I'm hoping for that or anything...:devil:

11 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

Why would posters pick the Steelers? Buffalo will be competing against them for the wild card, so we want New England to win. I am willing to concede New England wining the East, and Baltimore will win the North.

I went through this a couple of years ago when the Pats played the Chiefs in the opener.  We had the Chiefs draft pick and I thought it was a rebuilding year.  I was all ready to root for the Pats and then they had that self aggrandized pregame ceremony and I couldn't go through with it.  Go Steelers.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

I understand all that, but I just can't do it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a1ae697b088c3a240a7

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Lurker said:

What the hell has become of Pittsburgh's running game??

All they really have is James Connor.  After him, not much.

On another note, Tomlin is just another coach who is like a deer in headlights against Belichick.

17 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Not many Patriots games. Who on their schedule is going to beat them? Will have to wait for the playoffs and maybe Mahomes can outduel him? Maybe? 

Yup....gotta root for good health in KC.  Of course, not much can be done about bogus PF penalties like the refs bailed NE out with last year in the playoffs.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

All they really have is James Connor.  After him, not much.

On another note, Tomlin is just another coach who is like a deer in headlights against Belichick.

He's a good motivator but a lousy game day coach...