AB asks Raiders to release him on Instagram (update: Raiders oblige and release him)

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

You keep saying this nonsense and it makes no sense. Why would Beane look into someone he wasn’t willing to pay?

Especially when you consider the contract he got from the raiders could easily fit within our cap structure. It’s only guaranteed for 2 years. (Less now)

Why would someone look into something and then decide against it?  Gee, I don't know!  It's a question for the ages!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I'm hating my ESPN Fantasy league more by the day...

Stupid auto drafting that first pick botched my season. F*** Mr. Brown lol

I have the same problem, though I can't blame it on autodraft.  I picked him.  Was picking last, picking were slim, figured he was a gamble, but was worth the risk.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I wonder what's the age of the ones defending him. Millenial thought process. 'Oh I can his POV", "he's a victim", "no matter the money he's treated harshly like an employee"...

You are little precious princesses, aren't you.  99.9% of players in the NFL can grind it out - and almost all for less money - but somehow that poor little diva is a 30 million victim??? You guys need a dose of real life if you think AB has it that rough! 

Stop. Stereotyping an entire generation of people, myself included, is beat.

No one with a working mind is defending this guy, regardless of age.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chemical said:

You keep saying this nonsense and it makes no sense. Why would Beane look into someone he wasn’t willing to pay?

Especially when you consider the contract he got from the raiders could easily fit within our cap structure. It’s only guaranteed for 2 years. (Less now)

Geezuz dude...you have the hardest time figuring things out.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, mrags said:

Honestly, that’s probably what it would take 

I would actually eat the 30 mil for a first rounder, if it could all be wrote off on today’s cap. Especially a top 5 first from that dumpster fire.

obviously that won’t happen, and they have no reason to do that... but it’d Be cool. ?

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Could an arbitrator really rule in favor of AB?

Isn't there enough concrete evidence that he was detrimental to the team?

Problem is seems like in 90% of the time the player win's  Yes the arbitrator maybe rule in the players favor, but then Brown sues and courts don't seem to rule too often in the favor of the leagues or teams.  Too much of what is in sports leagues is legally not valid it seems.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why would someone look into something and then decide against it?  Gee, I don't know!  It's a question for the ages!

Because Antonio Brown completely laughed the idea of coming to Buffalo.  It’s amazing how delusional some of you are.  If AB agreed to come here, he’d be here.  They would have made the contract work.  

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Problem is seems like in 90% of the time the player win's  Yes the arbitrator maybe rule in the players favor, but then Brown sues and courts don't seem to rule too often in the favor of the leagues or teams.  Too much of what is in sports leagues is legally not valid it seems.

That may be the case generally, but I can’t see that here. Any “reasonable man” would rule against AB just for the bleached mustache... 

• Like (+1) 1

I would assume the Raiders are lawyered up already and are going to do everything they can to establish a record of "we wanted him to play and he refused to play/fulfill the terms of the contract" in anticipation of having to fight for the $$. So AB's latest actions all seem to help their case. Holding back from suspending him is probably a tactic.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because Antonio Brown completely laughed the idea of coming to Buffalo.  It’s amazing how delusional some of you are.  If AB agreed to come here, he’d be here.  They would have made the contract work.  

And instead of being insulted by this, we can add it to the mountain of evidence that AB makes bad decisions.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mayock has to be wishing he was back at NFLN 

Au contraire.  Mayock has to be feeling like a pimp.  He totally set up the contract perfectly.  At every step Mayock is a step ahead of AB.  I'm impressed.

There's a grownup in the room.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

AB is a nut job, but why in the world would he be out there playing with no guaranteed money? 

I really cant understand the raiders. Every time they get AB back to a semi-stable state, they ratchet up the temperature and it blows everything up again. 

These two deserve each other.

So you're on the side of, they should've pampered him, even after all the chances they gave him? Of course they were going to try to recoup the bonus money, why wouldn't they? Because the Raiders are dealing with a union, they have only so many days to notify the player, agent and union of the actions they are going to take.