OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bills2ref said:

Basically saying Brown is more important than Mayock and Gruden combined because Antonio Brown makes more. And that they should have just given into Brown for everything. 

You expected anything else?  He is so concerned about HIS job he is going a fantasy draft on air. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

As a non western New Yorker I’ve only heard those guys a few times, but every time I did I felt nauseated. Everyone seems to dislike them, how do they have a job still?

Because theyre in Buffalo.

The only people with worse opinions than Schoop & Bulldog are the people who call into WGR.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Schopp is blaming mayock - said it’s his job to get him on the field 

?

Considering that Schopp likely has the same access and insight into what really went down behind the scenes in Oakland as I do, which is to say "none".....

I mean, broadly speaking, yes, it's the GMs job to get the best players out on the field, not to avoidably feud with them.  But given what's been previously reported and observed from AB, it seems to me there's reasonable doubt the feud was avoidable while maintaining management integrity and consistency. 

I think all signs point to, the Steelers did not make that attempt where AB was concerned, so now he expects the same exceptions to be granted him by every organization.

I think he's also likely Batchit Cray Cray

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I agree that nobody can say they saw all of this coming. 

But that one mistake in 9 seasons? It’s all I needed to see to convince me I wouldn’t want him anywhere NEAR my favorite team. He broke the code. Showed his true colors.

And the fact he felt he needed to begrudge his teammate a much deserved team MVP honors only served to underscore my assessment of him. 

Didn’t want him then. Happy we don’t have him now.

And I'm actually fine with that opinion...I myself knew that it would be taking a serious chance.  I simply felt that the relatively low investment capital would be worth it.  Then came the new contract demands, then the rest of it...

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Yup,more then likely it's part of the negotiation of the contract, the player agrees to the term and signs on the condition the fines are waived

Conditions not accounted for in contractual language are in effect non existent, if his agent told him otherwise his agent screwed him, or he is just stupid.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All good, and I think it’s justified to suspend AB.  My point is the way Mayock has managed AB up until now was not the right approach and it’s contributed to the problem.  

1st worlders view of the rules not applying to themselves.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Schoop just again, blames the Raiders.

of course this is how he gets his numbers. Its like a horror movie. You don't want to watch the scene but your still looking through the cracks between your fingers while you cover your face

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Did he follow that up with a rundown of his many fantasy rosters and how he is going to do great/bad/or so so as a result of this news?

Fantasy discussion has encroached into his Schtick more and more to the point where you can't go 15 minutes or so without listening to it.  

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Schopp is blaming mayock - said it’s his job to get him on the field 

As someone who isn't local, I've never listened to this Schopp creature (not that it sounds like like I'm missing anything), but he sounds like a douche and an idiot. 

Also, are we sure he isn't posting here? 

• Haha (+1) 2