Jordan Mills Released by Miami

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044534/article/falcons-kaleb-mcgary-planning-to-play-vs-jaguars

Miami wasted no time before releasing former Bills RT Jordan Mills.  I don’t know what is sadder:

A.) The fact that Mills was the starting RT for the Bills for multiple seasons.

B.) The fact that after several poor seasons, Miami thought they could turn him into a starting RT

C.) Miami is taking their chances on street free agents or players that couldn’t beat out Mills in preseason, rather than keeping Jordan.

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044534/article/falcons-kaleb-mcgary-planning-to-play-vs-jaguars

Miami wasted no time before releasing former Bills RT Jordan Mills.  I don’t know what is sadder:

B.) The fact that after several poor seasons, Miami thought they could turn him into a starting RT

C.) Miami is taking their chances on street free agents or players that couldn’t beat out Mills in preseason, rather than keeping Jordan.

You seemed to miss one:

D.). He was injured after Preseason Game 1 and was still not healthy - so they decided to cut bait nullifying B&C

He was not great and if you are mediocre to bad and you are unavailable- you get cut.  It happens to lots of guys - especially veterans that cost more than FA or UDFAs.

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

D.) Miami has one of the worst OL's in the NFL and he still couldn't make it there.

23 minutes ago, holmz56 said:

Mills didn't make Hughes a better player ! Hughes needs a good tackle in practice !

In practice, Jerry Hughes' primary matchup would be Dawkins.  Mills would have drawn Lawson/Murphy last season.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

D) Mills going from starter at the end of one season to a preseason cut for another team before the start of the next season.

These guys are human and that has to be a huge mental and emotional blow.

27 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

D) Mills going from starter at the end of one season to a preseason cut for another team before the start of the next season.

These guys are human and that has to be a huge mental and emotional blow.

This is the same exact team that traded for Rosen, who couldn't even beat our Fitzmagic for the starting job!

I would place ZERO stock in the assessment abilities of the Dolphins staff or management!

• Like (+1) 1

Yay! Let's get the band back together!!! Vlad Ducasse is still available and we already have Russell Bodine! Now all we need to do is trade with the Saints for Marshall Newhouse and trade with the Bengals for John Miller:

Newhouse - Miller - Bodine - Ducasse - Mills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

Yay! Let's get the band back together!!! Vlad Ducasse is still available and we already have Russell Bodine! Now all we need to do is trade with the Saints for Marshall Newhouse and trade with the Bengals for John Miller:

Newhouse - Miller - Bodine - Ducasse - Mills

The only reason I read this post was because of your avatar 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

In practice, Jerry Hughes' primary matchup would be Dawkins.  Mills would have drawn Lawson/Murphy last season.

no wonder Lawson has been slow to develop

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

HAHA

7 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

This is the same exact team that traded for Rosen, who couldn't even beat our Fitzmagic for the starting job!

I would place ZERO stock in the assessment abilities of the Dolphins staff or management!

I know. It's great isn't it !

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

It really pissed me off that he was on the roster for so long.  

That was definitely strike 1 for Beane/McDermott with me.

it's okay he was mentoring.

10 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

It really pissed me off that he was on the roster for so long.  

That was definitely strike 1 for Beane/McDermott with me.

He was a Rex / Kroner signing as played for Kroner in CHI.  Dawkins was drafted to replace him by McD but Glenn got hurt.  Gone now so all good 

Edited by freddyjj
Sp

Point:  this shows how just trrbl our line was last year.  I think we were bottom 3, along w houston and zona.

Counterpoint:  we had an awful awful tackle a while ago, can't remember his name, but he went on to start at LT for the arizona team with warner who went to the super bowl and shoulda won vs pittsburgh.  of course warner gets the ball out like a hot potatoe (no dan quale)

• 2 weeks later...

...and now a Cardinal......

Cardinals sign Jordan Mills

Posted by Josh Alper on September 10, 2019, 7:01 AM EDT

The Cardinals have added a veteran to their offensive line for the second week of the regular season.

PFT has learned, via a league source, that the team signed tackle Jordan Mills. It’s a one-year deal worth $1.25 million.

Mills worked out for the Cardinals on Monday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/10/cardinals-sign-jordan-mills/