Chung Indicted

H2o

Holy *****.  The Patriot Way? 

When a Patriot goes bad, its not just a gun at a traffic stop or some routine *****, its murder and felony drug possession..

Local news story:

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news/courts_cops/patriots-chung-facing-belknap-county-drug-charge/article_5a5335aa-c4ef-11e9-bace-b3c79e781566.html

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, ToGoGo said:

I mean....how much cocaine? It doesn't say. 

Hate to break it to the squares here, but half the NFL does cocaine. Was Chung in possession for use or was he dealing?

LOL Squares? 

Oh my.  You obviously don't know many of the posters here.  

and FTR its half the NFL smokes pot.   

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My Pats fan pal just responded to my text “buh bye Chung” by texting “He’ll get a 4 game suspension.  He was never arrested...only received a summons.”

?

that was my thought also - i'm betting there's a suspension at the most and really nothing comes from this; teams carry an army of attorneys on retainer and i bet the Pats have the best in the biz.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My Pats fan pal just responded to my text “buh bye Chung” by texting “He’ll get a 4 game suspension.  He was never arrested...only received a summons.”

?

I wouldn't ignore the possibility of leniency from the local officials. After all they have to win a 7th Super Bowl for Tommy.

4 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I mean....how much cocaine? It doesn't say. 

Hate to break it to the squares here, but half the NFL does cocaine. Was Chung in possession for use or was he dealing?

Big distinction here, of course.  It will depend on the quantity he possessed and prior criminal history.  He could get up to a year in the pokey if it is his first offense and had a lot of cocaine on him.

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

??? culture 

I know...the Patriots usually import troubled players...not grow them in house!  A nice wholesome culture going on over there.

Edited by Rocket94

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

In NH, possession of cocaine of any amount is a B felony.  Assuming they can't pin distribution or sale on him he'll probably get a sweetheart plea deal.

Especially if he’s a first time drug offender.  Unless he had like an ounce on him, I don’t think he’ll do time.  Fine and probation with mandatory treatment.

I’m thinking he has to get at least 6 games suspended from the NFL, right?  This isn’t just failing a drug test...

4 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

In NH, possession of cocaine of any amount is a B felony.  Assuming they can't pin distribution or sale on him he'll probably get a sweetheart plea deal.

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 22, 2019, 11:56 AM EDT

Chung was indicted on a charge of possession of cocaine, a Class B felony that carries a sentence of 3.5 to 7 years in prison, in Belknap County, New Hampshire, according to the Laconia Daily Sun.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I wouldn't ignore the possibility of leniency from the local officials. After all they have to win a 7th Super Bowl for Tommy.

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this drags out until next offseason so he can play this year and get released to serve his suspension as a FA. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 22, 2019, 11:56 AM EDT

Chung was indicted on a charge of possession of cocaine, a Class B felony that carries a sentence of 3.5 to 7 years in prison, in Belknap County, New Hampshire, according to the Laconia Daily Sun.

That's all true.  What I'm saying is he'll probably end up pleading guilty to a lesser crime in full satisfaction of the felony.  No felony conviction means no prison time.

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

That's all true.  What I'm saying is he'll probably end up pleading guilty to a lesser crime in full satisfaction of the felony.  No felony conviction means no prison time.

...depends on the county and their DA.....BIG difference in Roch-Cha-Cha versus some surrounding counties......for SAME crime.........

33 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Everybody wang Chung tonight!!

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Everybody wang Chung tonight 

Johnny beat you to it :lol:

As apparently Shady did me in grouping them together. :lol: 

Edited by H2o
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...depends on the county and their DA.....BIG difference in Roch-Cha-Cha versus some surrounding counties......for SAME crime.........

True.  And also depends on exactly how much coke was there.  Glass table had a couple baggies on it?  Or a brick stashed under the mattress?   I'm leaning towards the former because if it was the latter no doubt they'd try to pin distribution on him, but then it's been like a month and a half since this all started...