Chung Indicted

H2o

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

He went to our local high school. I’m dying to see what this will do to his annual ‘returning successful graduate’ status.

I can’t believe a successful person did cocaine.  Next thing I know, someone will tell me Tom Petty wasn’t just talking about a girl named Mary Jane. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

We don’t know what we don’t know here. I’m not “certain” of anything. Like usual, let it play out before jumping to conclusions. 

The article says he has court next Wed.  We will probably find out more then.

36 minutes ago, JohnC said:

A tip in itself would not be enough of a basis to enter the house. If there was a tip that there were drugs in that house that in itself would not be enough enter the house or to garner a warrant. If there was a tip the type of person (friend, inside source, family member, anonymous etc) would be part of the affidavit requesting a warrant. If the police got a tip it might trigger a surveillance with the hope that more evidence would be discovered to bolster the affidavit to get a warrant. With what is known this drug case is very flimsy. There may be more to the story but as it stands it seems to me that the police acted beyond their authority. 

You’re right.  My point was the premise of them being there was Chung as the victim of a crime.

And when the owner isn’t home the cops don’t go into the house unless no one answers and there is evidence of entry. Wonder how they got in..

4 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

I mean....how much cocaine? It doesn't say. 

Hate to break it to the squares here, but half the NFL does cocaine. Was Chung in possession for use or was he dealing?

Right.

Half the NFL does it but 99 percent of the time it’s weed they are caught with.

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The article says he has court next Wed.  We will probably find out more then.

Thanks, the 2nd link wouldn’t open the first time I tried it. 

So.......what we have learned here is: put your cocaine away before you leave the house. 

6 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Right.

Half the NFL does it but 99 percent of the time it’s weed they are caught with.

I wasn’t a math major, but something seems a little off here......

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

If he owns and resides in the home the contents are his responsibility.  Just like if you get pulled over. If the backpack in the back seat belongs to your passanger and has Coke the burden of proof is on you that it isnt you're Coke. Not on the other passanger. 

Not necessarily. Just because the individual owner owned the house doesn't mean that he is the only one who has access to that house. What if he allows his friends or family members to stay at one of his residences? Couldn't they be the owners of the drugs? You are making an assumption that holds no water from a legal standpoint. If you allowed a friend to stay in a rental unit that you owned does that mean that you are responsible for his/hers/their activities? 

As far as your backpack scenario that also misses the legal threshold for an arrest. What would be the legal basis for searching a backpack prior to an arrest? The burden of proof is on the police, not the individual. The individual in question is not obligated to say anything. 

Edited by JohnC
editing

45 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You’re right.  My point was the premise of them being there was Chung as the victim of a crime.

And when the owner isn’t home the cops don’t go into the house unless no one answers and there is evidence of entry. Wonder how they got in..

That's an important issue related to the case and police conduct. I have suspicions that there is more to this story that is presently known. It could be that the neighbors were not enamored with outsiders coming into their enclave to party or socialize. I wouldn't be surprised if there were prior complaints that put this residence on the police radar. The facts will soon come out after Chang's legal beagles get involved. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

i didnt read thru all. if im parroting another response , so be it.. but Chung gets charged with a felony , consensus is that he will survive the season.. not miss a game.. a guy takes roids , smokes up whatever.. gets a 4 game suspension ? "The Patriot way"?

If convicted, then suspended.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

If convicted, then suspended.

I guess i didnt fully present my point.. based ON WHATS OUT THERE , it doesnt appear it will go to trial for at least a year.. hence my point.. he p;lays.. guys that did roids sit 

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If he gets jail time for this, the judicial system is beyond broken then. 

so a  felony should just warrant a proverbial slap on the wrist? 

1 minute ago, dwight in philly said:

I guess i didnt fully present my point.. based ON WHATS OUT THERE , it doesnt appear it will go to trial for at least a year.. hence my point.. he p;lays.. guys that did roids sit 

so a  felony should just warrant a proverbial slap on the wrist? 

A PED positive is a "conviction", hence, suspension. If he tests positive for cocaine, he's suspended.

He hasn't been convicted (or even arrested?) yet.  The NFL usually waits for the court to adjudicate.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

A PED positive is a "conviction", hence, suspension. If he tests positive for cocaine, he's suspended.

He hasn't been convicted (or even arrested?) yet.  The NFL usually waits for the court to adjudicate.

That's not necessarily the case Kareem Hunt wasn't even charged with anything and yet he's got an 8 game suspension.