NFL Draft - Day 3 (put your general draft commentary here)

Haven't done a ton of film work on Joseph, but his name rules, he's speedy and instinctive, and we need backup LB's. Good fit behind Milano, both in terms of learning under another undersized scrapper of an LB and in case The Cookie goes down. I'm with you, McBeane! ???

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think there are any elite traits. I had a late third on him so he would have been value but to me he is in the NFL what Justin Hunter has been. A guy who is a 4th or 5th receiver but has redzone value 

The drops were a show-stopper for me on Hakeem. Maybe not the most fair assessment, but I had little tolerance for guys who can get open only to have the pass "doink" off their hands. Drove him down my list as well.

Had (really hopeful) mid to late 3rd and 4th round grades on Josh Oliver and Jalen Hurd and it crushed me watching both exit in the early 3rd before our pick. But glad they did not go to NE.

Evaluators were all hating on Hurd last year, but it did not take much digging to see that they just were not doing their homework. Once you get past the Tennessee transfer decision you are left with a 6'5" 226lb receiver who has clocked a 4.37 40, with really good hands and quickness, who has been willing to run between the tackles, and leaves it all on the field. A bit of a deep thinker and loner, but no indication that he does not have a love for the game. New to WR and a project at the position sure, but hard to ignore the upside.

Apparently, I was not alone :(

Beane did get decent value prospects on most considering where he picked and my only question was around the RB selection, but I concede that with all the running backs the Bills had on their roster (even factoring age) I did not really look too hard at RB prospects this draft so I know nada about this kid.

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Don't sleep on Joseph. The last 5th round undersized linebacker we took worked out pretty darn well.

Yep. I used to sleep on later round picks and just hope that maybe one would pan out but the way this regime has been so far finding talent there, and in the undrafted guys, I get a lot more excited about them now

Just now, CommonCents said:

I haven’t been home all day and can’t find it on the google machine, what happened in the 4th round? Did the Bills trade out? If so, what did they get in return.

Traded both fourths last night.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Looking at the summaries of the edge guys left, I can't help but think we aren't adding any of them. Maybe we have decided to sign Ansah to a prove you are healthy 1 or 2 year deal or maybe we are just rolling with the edge guys we already have.

Note: Oliver is twitchy enough to be moved outside on occasion also. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

Looking at the summaries of the edge guys left, I can't help but think we aren't adding any of them. Maybe we have decided to sign Ansah to a prove you are healthy 1 or 2 year deal or maybe we are just rolling with the edge guys we already have.

EDGE RONHEEN BINGHAM, ARKANSAS STATE (OVERALL: 63RD)

Bingham’s 31.7 percent win rate was the highest among all defensive linemen in college football this past season.

2 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Bingham’s 31.7 percent win rate was the highest among all defensive linemen in college football this past season.

Pff loves that guy, Armon Watts too tho he's a DT

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

So he won 1 on 1 battles with centers that will never be drafted from powerhouse schools like Georgia Southern, SouthEastern Missouri.,Texas State, and all powerful Coastal...great stat that means nothing

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-best-available-2019-nfl-draft-prospects

Continuously updated list of top remaining prospects according to pff team of analysts in case anyone is interested.

Just now, Locomark said:

So he won 1 on 1 battles with centers that will never be drafted from powerhouse schools like Georgia Southern, SouthEastern Missouri.,Texas State, and all powerful Coastal...great stat that means nothing

He is an edge rusher, I doubt he was battling centers. A lot of good players come from smaller schools. Andre Reed went to Kutztown 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Pick up 5th year option on Lawson 

Joseph will push Milano imo. Remember that Corey Thompson started a game last year and was terrible. So they are upgrading with a guy who can actually play, not just a special teams guy. Really nice pick and great value if you are into that kind of thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I think the point about Oliver is right on. In an old style 3-4 defense like the bills played during their Super Bowl years he has Bruce Smith-like ability. 

4 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

Pick up 5th year option on Lawson 

Personally, I think they will be signing Ansah and dealing Lawson before camp. That is unless they decide to just dump Murphy first.

Edited by Locomark