NFL Draft - Day 3 (put your general draft commentary here)

Just now, Success said:

An impact WR would have been nice, but not necessary.  

We’re going into ‘19 with our best WR corps in years as is.  We now have a full stable of talented RB’s, most of whom can catch well, and Knox could be one of the big steals of this draft given his measurables and underutilization in college.

Add to that an o-line that most of us won’t even recognize with talent and depth that we haven’t seen in many years here in Buffalo.

Beane has been masterful.

It took a very long time, but the Bills are building this team the right way....

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well, I apologize Joe.  I thought you have become strictly a cheerleader for this regime.  I respect you being objective.  And you are far from a hater.  It’s kinda funny people think that.

Dude it's all good. I try not to let people here get under the skin ya know?

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That's actually a pretty good question. I would not trade Allen for Watson. I expect Allen to be better. Surely, however, fans around the country when asked that question would choose Watson over Allen fairly heavily.

Watson is the right player for the Houston stadium not so much for orchard park. 

11 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Yeah, this draft went sideways in a hurry. I loved rounds 1 and two.

As usual Buffalo struggles in the third round.

I just don't see either of the guys drafted in the 3d on this team past their rookie contract.

The fact that it cost both the 4th and 5th rounds to move up for them is ugly.

Happy with 1 and 2, but teams are built in the 3-5th.

major let down after a great start

Sometimes you have to respect the value of what's on the board.

By the time the Bills were on the clock in the 3rd round, a tremendous run on WRs had happened, and the value was no longer there.

I, for one, am glad they remained true to the value on their board, picked BPA, and would up with four players in the top 100.

I also think that Knox and Singletary will be starting for the Bills offense next season (2020).

Time will tell.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Logic said:

By the time the Bills were on the clock in the 3rd round, a tremendous run on WRs had happened, and the value was no longer there.

I, for one, am glad they remained true to the value on their board, picked BPA, and would up with four players in the top 100.

I also think that Knox and Singletary will be starting for the Bills offense next season.

Time will tell.

No way Knox starts, no way

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Interesting Brady 2.0 :(

ESPN Pre-Draft Analysis

Stidham has adequate size, good arm strength and above-average mobility. He can fit the ball into tight spots and shows the ability to drive the ball vertically when he has space to step into his throws. He's accurate and does a great job of leading his receivers to yards after the catch.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Agree 100%. 

Sternberger and Butler in the third should have been the picks.  RB was not necessary at this point. 

I agree. Somehow I envision the scouts getting more involved in the war room and fighting over mid round picks. Trading those 4ths for Knox was silly.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Agree 100%. 

Sternberger and Butler in the third should have been the picks.  RB was not necessary at this point. 

I liked Fergusen, Butler, Stills, Sternberger.

Heck there were plenty of other RBs and WRs I liked more

It's like Irv Smith TE and Montgomery RB went off the board and they panicked.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I also think that Knox and Singletary will be starting for the Bills offense next season.

Time will tell.

Both starting? That’s either really good or really bad news for the Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. Somehow I envision the scouts getting more involved in the war room and fighting over mid round picks. Trading those 4ths for Knox was silly.

It was idiotic, especially after trading away your 5th

looong stretch without a pick now after two reaches in the third

Edited by RocCityRoller

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Not week 1, definitely. I think by the end of the season it wouldn't shock me if he is competing to start. 

Athleticism is good, but he needs a lot of work IMO. He has hardly played and hasn't had a lot of time to grow and learn the position, definitely a long term pick IMO. In any event he is a Bill - so Go Bills and hopefully he turns out well!

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

He is so raw, I'm not holding my breath we can develop a TE. I hope we do, but skeptical...

Fair enough. Our offensive coordinator is a former tight ends coach for New England, and our current tight ends coach Rob Boras is a good one. I happen to think we WILL develop Knox into a quality TE, and sooner rather than later. Their development of undrafted WR Jason Croom into a contributing TE adds to my belief that they will have success with Knox.

I respect your opinion, though, and time will tell the tale.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

I liked Fergusen, Butler, Stills, Sternberger.

Heck there were plenty of other RBs and WRs I liked more

It's like Irv Smith TE and Montgomery RB went off the board and they panicked.

I highly doubt “panic” had anything to do with it. They just had different opinions about the players than you do.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TOboy said:

Both starting? That’s either really good or really bad news for the Bills!

Again, I meant 2020. 

McCoy and Gore's contracts are up after this season. Singletary has the goods to start once they leave. Knox is raw, but will quickly prove to be the most physically talented tight end on the roster. 

Just now, Logic said:

Fair enough. Our offensive coordinator is a former tight ends coach for New England, and our current tight ends coach Rob Boras is a good one. I happen to think we WILL develop Knox into a quality TE, and sooner rather than later. Their development of undrafted WR Jason Croom into a contributing TE adds to my belief that they will have success with Knox.

I respect your opinion, though, and time will tell the tale.

The only thing Croom has developed into is a patient lover. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

My big hope going into these final days is that we take Tyre Brady in the 6th or 7th. He's going to make some team very happy.

Won't wow anyone with speed, but he's got the best hands in the draft. I see him as a tremendous big slot and perfect fit when you've got guys like Brown and Foster on the outside. He'd very possibly push Zay Jones off the roster, but that's fine with me. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think he said next season, 2020.

I'm not convinced, like the athlete, but not enough time at learning his craft in the TE position. It just feels like a 3yr project. He was my late pick if we entirely missed the TEs. I was hoping for someone with more reps...

Just now, SCBills said:

Knox was not a reach.  

Say what you want about RB in the 3rd for this team, but Knox is on the Patriots as a 3rd Round Pick if we don’t take him there.  

They did bug out and trade their pick after the Bills jumped in front of them.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Knox was not a reach.  

Say what you want about RB in the 3rd for this team, but Knox is on the Patriots as a 3rd Round Pick if we don’t take him there.  

And then people would be B word'n that the Bills didn't take him when they had an opportunity...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, frostbitmic said:

Am I wrong.. but I thought you couldn't trade compensatory picks ?

They changed that rule. This is the first year that you CAN trade comp picks.

Just now, Lurker said:

And then people would be B word'n that the Bills didn't take him when they had an opportunity...

Amen.

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

Am I wrong.. but I thought you couldn't trade compensatory picks ?

They changed that rule like 2 years ago. I think the pick we acquired to take Knox was a comp pick.

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1