NFL Draft - Day 3 (put your general draft commentary here)

I think Vegas would probably put a line that had Watson as a small favorite in that thought experiment.  Deandre Hopkins is a thing, and their offensive systems are...dissimilar.

I think Allen is still on a good trajectory to be as good or better than Watson at this point in his career all things considered.  

Edited by akm0404

Just now, Rufridr101 said:

Like Detroit's pick Austin Bryant still lots of receivers available.  I like Stanley Morgan jr how about Anthony Miller local kid

Yup. Not to mention Harmon. There’s a few other WR’s still out there. Very deep draft at receiver.

1 minute ago, akm0404 said:

I think Vegas would probably but a line that had Watson as a small favorite in that thought experiment.  Deandre Hopkins is a thing, and their offensive systems are...dissimilar.

I think Allen is still on a good trajectory to be as good or better than Watson at this point in his career all things considered.  

Well Watson has just had one of the best opening two year stretches in NFL history. Can Allen eventually be better? I think his ceiling is possibly higher but I don't think you can yet say he is on a trajectory to be better. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Watson. But I’m sure I’ll be called a hater.  But he is doing what he did in college in the pros. He’s a baller. 

Not a hater just realist IMO. We just need Allen to take that next level step and all is good which I think (hope) he will do. Right now it's Tre/Allen vs. Watson basically.

Whom would you rather have at this point?

2 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

I think Vegas would probably put a line that had Watson as a small favorite in that thought experiment.  Deandre Hopkins is a thing, and their offensive systems are...dissimilar.

Would you say this if he wasn’t a Bill? ? not even knocking allen but Watson is very good and has shown a ton of evidence of this. Allen has had glimpses with great physical talent. 

9 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Very true. We are all here as we love our Bills. 

I just want to see Oliver rip peoples faces off at this point. Friggin stoked we fixed the 2nd most important position/s in football being the O-line.

Seems like our draft ended after the Ford pick. Very happy with Ed and Cody. The rest we'll just have to see? I hope our current WR group can step it up from last year. Thought we'd pick a decent WR earlier but not to be. Good draft but not great.

• Like (+1) 1

1. Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama

2. Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama

3. David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin

4. Preston Williams*, WR, Colorado State - possible character concerns

5. Joe Jackson, DE, Miami

6. Cortez Broughton, DT, Cincinnati 

7. Vosean Joseph, OLB, Florida

8. Trayveon Williams, RB, Texas A&M

9. Ross Pierschbacher, C, Alabama

10. Malik Grant, S, Marshall

Current top 10 available on my big board. 

Got to say really surprised that those top 2 are still there. They are going to be fine players in this league for somebody. 

Edited by GunnerBill

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Seems like our draft ended after the Ford pick. Very happy with Ed and Cody. The rest we'll just have to see? I hope our current WR group can step it up from last year. Thought we'd pick a decent WR earlier but not to be. Good draft but not great.

I agree.  I'm starting to buy in though big time to Devin and Knox the more I read up and watch these two guys. 

True WR#1 will have to wait until next FA or draft which is fine. Our focus (outstanding FO decision IMO) is to keep Allen upright next year and pound the hell out of the Ball. I'm very content were we stand at this time. It might take Beaner 1 more year to really have this team roster built for huge success for a good 4-5 year run.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'd really like to see the Bills get one or two of the following players...

LB - Mack Wilson (Alabama)

LB - Te'Von Coney (Notre Dame)

LB - Vosean Joseph (Florida)

CB - Amani Oruwariye (Penn St.)

CB - Isaiah Johnson (Houston)

CB - Corey Ballentine (Washburn)

Edge - Shreef Miller (Penn St.)

Edge - De'Andre Walker (Georgia)

WR - Riley Ridley (Georgia)

WR - Emanuel Hall (Missouri)

WR - Kelvin Harmon (North Carolina St.)

S - Deionte Thompson (Alabama)

S - Jaquan Johnson (Miami)

S - Andrew Wingard (Wyoming)

OG - Michael Jordan (Ohio St.)

OG - Beau Benzschawel (Wisconsin)

EDIT: These are not in any order.

Edited by JustWinPlease
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Wish we’d trade the rest of our picks plus a 5th (or 4th if that’s what it takes) and take Kelvin Harmon

Would be a great redzone threat. All he did @ NC was get better every year too.

Edited by Real McCoy

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Would you say this if he wasn’t a Bill? ? not even knocking allen but Watson is very good and has shown a ton of evidence of this. Allen has had glimpses with great physical talent. 

Fair question.  I'd guess I probably wouldn't, as I definitely have invested a bunch more time and effort into watching/evaluating the players on my favorite team.  If I wasn't a Bills fan, I'd imagine that I'd know as much about the team as the rest of the country does - that is not a whole bunch because frankly nobody cares about the Bills.

You'd trade Allen for Watson straight up today?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah, this draft went sideways in a hurry. I loved rounds 1 and two.

As usual Buffalo struggles in the third round.

I just don't see either of the guys drafted in the 3d on this team past their rookie contract.

The fact that it cost both the 4th and 5th rounds to move up for them is ugly.

Happy with 1 and 2, but teams are built in the 3-5th.

major let down after a great start

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Trade up right now and get Emanuel Hall. 4.39 with 44 inch vertical.  Very athletic. 

VERY raw though. Wouldn’t hate picking him up, but I wouldn’t move up for him.

• Like (+1) 1

That's a better question. Probably not. But the other way around (so if I was a Texan fan offered that trade) the answer is no ***** way. As a Bills fan I'd consider it but probably stand pat to see what Josh looks like after another year of development. 

• Like (+1) 2

Fair question.  I'd guess I probably wouldn't, as I definitely have invested a bunch more time and effort into watching/evaluating the players on my favorite team.  If I wasn't a Bills fan, I'd imagine that I'd know as much about the team as the rest of the country does - that is not a whole bunch because frankly nobody cares about the Bills.

I’ll get labeled as a hater but yeah.  I liked Watson more coming out than Allen and he has done nothing for me to second guess that.  I’ll say Allen has better physical skills but Watson has just been making winning plays since college.  

But we have Allen and that’s why I want to get him more receiving help.  

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

Yeah, this draft went sideways in a hurry. I loved rounds 1 and two.

As usual Buffalo struggles in the third round.

I just don't see either of the guys drafted in the 3d on this team past their rookie contract.

The fact that it cost both the 4th and 5th rounds to move up for them is ugly.

Happy with 1 and 2, but teams are built in the 3-5th.

major let down after a great start

Agree 100%. 

Sternberger and Butler in the third should have been the picks.  RB was not necessary at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’ll get labeled as a hater but yeah.  I liked Watson more coming out than Allen and he has done nothing for me to second guess that.  I’ll say Allen has better physical skills but Watson has just been making winning plays since college.  

But we have Allen and that’s why I want to get him more receiving help.  

I don't think that makes you a hater.  I honestly would consider the trade for sure, but I think it is close and can see arguments from both sides which lead me to my conclusion that Allen was at a similar spot in his developmental trajectory.

• Like (+1) 1

An impact WR would have been nice, but not necessary.  

We’re going into ‘19 with our best WR corps in years as is.  We now have a full stable of talented RB’s, most of whom can catch well, and Knox could be one of the big steals of this draft given his measurables and underutilization in college.

Add to that an o-line that most of us won’t even recognize with talent and depth that we haven’t seen in many years here in Buffalo.

Beane has been masterful.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

That's a better question. Probably not. But the other way around (so if I was a Texan fan offered that trade) the answer is no ***** way. As a Bills fan I'd consider it but probably stand pat to see what Josh looks like after another year of development. 

That's actually a pretty good question. I would not trade Allen for Watson. I expect Allen to be better. Surely, however, fans around the country when asked that question would choose Watson over Allen fairly heavily.