NFL Draft - Day 3 (put your general draft commentary here)

Just now, njbuff said:

What's wrong with that?

Can't fix everything in one offseason.

If Allen gets the time we think he will get, we will know the Bills true offensive needs going forward.

Allen might be the type of QB who doesn't need a top skilled player to be a franchise QB.

We also may discover that our current wide receiver corps is better than we think.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Welp!  I have a feeling one day we would love to trade Singletary and Knox for Butler.  Damn, I really wanted him.

and the Cards spent 2 of their first 4 picks on receivers but it clearly was Rosen’s fault.  

Kyler Murray is going to absolutely love Butler. Sigh. 

Just now, njbuff said:

What's wrong with that?

Can't fix everything in one offseason.

If Allen gets the time we think he will get, we will know the Bills true offensive needs going forward.

Allen might be the type of QB who doesn't need a top skilled player to be a franchise QB.

You think Allen is Brady?  Because that’s literally the only good QBs who doesn’t have a number one and they had Gronk and traded for Gordon.

Just now, 100DollarBills said:

Kyler Murray is going to absolutely love Butler. Sigh. 

He might get killed behind their oline but I love their receivers now.  Great core now. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

There is no possible way of knowing that. 

Of course there isn’t... Obviously it’s all projection.  

So, I’ll rephrase:

Weve been in the range for a while where no one discernibly “projects” better than what we may see from Year 3 Zay Jones. 

Just now, jkeerie said:

We also may discover that our current wide receiver corps is better than we think.

I think it's fine.

Beasley is a good underneath guy.

Brown and Foster can get downfield.

Jones can be a solid intermediate guy.

D.Williams could be that red zone guy.

They are fine in the OL is improved, which it should be.

Just now, SCBills said:

Of course there isn’t... Obviously it’s all projection.  

So, I’ll rephrase:

Weve been in the range for a while where no one discernibly “projects” better than what we may see from Year 3 Zay Jones. 

Or Hakeem Butler could be the number 1 receiver for us.  But I guess time will tell.  

Just now, njbuff said:

I think it's fine.

Beasley is a good underneath guy.

Brown and Foster can get downfield.

Jones can be a solid intermediate guy.

D.Williams could be that red zone guy.

They are fine in the OL is improved, which it should be.

I hope they get David Sills for that tall target

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You think Allen is Brady?  Because that’s literally the only good QBs who doesn’t have a number one and they had Gronk and traded for Gordon.

I am not comparing Allen to anybody.

Like I have stated, the Bills have made a concerted effort to improve their OL while adding two WR's in FA.

We will see how it works out.

If they need a big time WR, McBeane will go out and get one. Remember, they tried with Benjamin. It was. a colossal failure, but they will try again.

Just now, SCBills said:

I did want Hakeem Butler.  Won’t argue with you there. 

And obviously this is all overreaction.  Love Oliver and Ford.  But I worry we are bad at evaluating receivers.  I think we have a Tom Brady receiving core and that isn’t the type of qb Allen is.  I would love to have a guy he could just throw the ball up to and as a big QB, I think he misses high. Size helps that. 

• Like (+1) 1