NFL Draft - Day 2 (put your general pick commentary here)

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

They won't need to trade up with that roster...

Could well be true.  Though their FO claims they are not tanking....  Just like Indy didn't tank for Luck.

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Or get CBs that do both at a high level , like Tre White and Taron Johnson! 

I agree with your statement .

Alot Depends on scheme to , on McDs scheme, you need to do both as a CB

Yes I am not saying Greedy was perfect for our scheme. Better fit in a team that plays more true man coverage. And I didn't have him as high as I had Tre. That 2017 corner class had 4 guys who I'd have taken before any corners in this draft. 

Taron is slot corner. It is a very different skill set. He couldn't do outside 1v1 coverage. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well guys we are getting to the section of the 2nd round where if we were rolling back picks to come back into the 2nd it would likely be with the teams with 2 picks...that is Philly 21/25, Houston 22/23, and KC 29/31.  

Theres still some good wr's out there too. Hakeem Butler, AJ Brown, Parris Campbell, DK, Ridley.

We can just let the draft come to us & still get someone good. Perhaps use one of our later picks to move back into the 3rd.

No reason to rush things imo

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, sven233 said:

I really want the Bills to find a way to get Jace Sternberger.  He was my #3 TE and is still out there.

Rotoworld called him Greg Olsen Lite. I'm very okay with that. He might get snagged by the Pats if they don't go edge at end of rd 2.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes I am not saying Greedy was perfect for our scheme. Better fit in a team that plays more true man coverage. And I didn't have him as high as I had Tre. That 2017 corner class had 4 guys who I'd have taken before any corners in this draft. 

Taron is slot corner. It is a very different skill set. He couldn't do outside 1v1 coverage. 

Ya , he's definitely strictly a slot CB but he's still very good in coverage and he's extremely physical and a great tackler imo. I never claimed he could play outside either . Slot CB get more important every year

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

There goes our TE.

There is still Jace Sternberger

Sternberger looks like a bulked-up receiver, and though he has experience playing in-line, he's at his best in the slot. He shows some craftiness as a route runner. He's a reliable pass-catcher and makes plays in traffic. He's a below-average blocker, but he's tough, and he competes

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nihilarian said:

There is still Jace Sternberger

Sternberger looks like a bulked-up receiver, and though he has experience playing in-line, he's at his best in the slot. He shows some craftiness as a route runner. He's a reliable pass-catcher and makes plays in traffic. He's a below-average blocker, but he's tough, and he competes

I much prefer Sternberger to Irv Smith. 

• Like (+1) 2