Rumor about possible trade back with Falcons for a Falcons "WR"

There is a tweet I saw and I can't remember who it's from, about the Bills trading back with the Falcons for a Falcons WR. They believe it's for Mohammed Sanu which I have no interest in but if we can land Julio and still keep our 1st round pick, that would be a home run. If only I could find the tweet

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

There is a tweet I saw and I can't remember who it's from, about the Bills trading back with the Falcons for a Falcons WR. They believe it's for Mohammed Sanu which I have no interest in but if we can land Julio and still keep our 1st round pick, that would be a home run. If only I could find the tweet

if true it better not be sanu. Julio would be nice!

26 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Cmon.dont post rumors without some kind of evidence,a  link

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Sanu and a three to move up from 14 to 9 seems like a fair deal. Sanu adds some physicality to our WR room which is desperately needed. 

Way too much for a WR2.  Even a straight up swap of first round picks seems excessive.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah, the Falcons are going to trade away a top receiver when they still have Matt Ryan.

Makes sense.

The Saints traded top receiver Jimmy Graham to the astonishment of ALL.

The Saints traded away top receiver Brandin Cooks.

Drew Brees and Saints are in same division and it worked for them.

If your QB has great veteran field vision and specializes in highly accurate intermediate throws you don't NEED a field stretching beast like Julio Jones..........you need a bunch of good intermediate route runners.     Those cost a lot less.

That said............Blank swears Julio will be a Falcon for life.    And I believe it and I also believe the Falcons won't ever reach the SB again with Ryan.

You guys dumping on Sanu must not watch a lot of Falcons games. Sanu would be worth the swap if a new deal is worked out.  Sanu had over 800 yards and 60 catches  last year playing the 3 rd wide receiver. 

Sanu is a big guy who fights for the ball and is a perfect fit for Allen. 

I sometimes wonder if a poster puts an opinion up here and then people just go along with it because they have little information of their own. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like Sanu and he has 2 years left on his deal at very reasonable money -$6Mil per year...

But swapping 9 for 14 is too high a price for him- that would put his value at a high third..

There needs to be another piece to this puzzle for me to start buying this..

• Like (+1) 2

It seems like there has been a lot of smoke this offseason about the Bills potentially trading back in the 1st to acquire an established NFL player. 

This seems like it could be a good year to do something like that. I’ve heard a lot of people say that there are a lot of guys with similar grades outside of the top handful of players at the top of the draft. 

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Why not some new ones... really sweeten that deal

Basically my sources have the Falcons desperately wanting to trade Julio to the Bills so the 7th is just to save face for them.  New balls would be overkill on our end.  You ever see how shiny new footballs are. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Basically my sources have the Falcons desperately wanting to trade Julio to the Bills so the 7th is just to save face for them.  New balls would be overkill on our end.  You ever see how shiny new footballs are. 

Better give them the old balls then

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Probably this one?

I can't see ATL trading Julio for JUST a trade swap, and can't see how Sanu gives us enough TO swap picks... Unless we're giving up our 2 and a swap for Julio, this doesn't seem to fit. 

Yes, this is it. Thanks

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I like Sanu and he has 2 years left on his deal at very reasonable money -$6Mil per year...

But swapping 9 for 14 is too high a price for him- that would put his value at a high third..

There needs to be another piece to this puzzle for me to start buying this..

Yeah this is a 30 year old WR who is good for about 600 yards and 2 TD's with an average QB...............$6M ain't a lot but they'd be doing a cap favor to Atlanta to take him off their hands...........he's utterly replaceable for Matty Ice.    

Really hard to see them trade Julio.  The value in trading Ridley to go from 14 to 9 feels off (though he's certainly a guy we should know pretty well considering Daboll and Foster).  They don't have anyone else who approaches real value in making a jump up the board, Hardy and Sanu are nice players but are more like window dressing in a trade.

BUT

#9 & #40 for #14, #79 & Julio would treat Julio as being worth roughly pick #35, which might be pretty solid value considering his age and the usual price tag on expensive vets.

It’s not Julio that’s for sure, talk about killing season ticket sales lol.. 

Ridley would be an extremely good get if they’re swapping picks but I don’t even believe the wizard Beane could pull that one off. 

If it’s Sanu as others have said I’d agree there needs to be more than just a swap. He’s a great player but Atlanta doesn’t NEED him and neither does buffalo. I wouldn’t personally swap for a complimentary player it’s gotta be a game changer. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Better give them the old balls then

This is a family website sir!

8 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

Honestly, Ridley would be the only one I'd like. Julio isn't exactly a young man anymore. 

Yeah, who wants a bum like Julio. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Why not Ridley? Don't some draft rumors have Atlanta yearning to get in the top 10 for DL help? Maybe they are willing to pay the price.

Never going to happen. Honestly think he probably holds as much, if not more value in ATL than Julio does at this point.