Rumor about possible trade back with Falcons for a Falcons "WR"

I just don't know what you do with Sanu. We can only have so many WRs on the field. He doesn't do what Foster and Brown do, so they're safe, we just signed Beasley, so it would be weird to immediately replace him... sure, he's maybe an "okay" upgrade to Zay? But he's older and more expensive. 

I suppose, in some strange dystopia where we just absolutely fail to address the TE spot you could roll 5wide a lot and have Sanu be your defacto TE, but that seems like a disaster waiting to happen. 

Good player, just a weird fit for this specific team. Now if you could get a 3rd team involved, might be worth it?

4 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Never going to happen. Honestly think he probably holds as much, if not more value in ATL than Julio does at this point. 

I agree...Jones is becoming more of a name now. Never know what motivates a team this time a year. Ha! I am more defensive minded anyway!

Just now, Rocket94 said:

I agree...Jones is becoming more of a name now. Never know what motivates a team this time a year. Ha! I am more defensive minded anyway!

Jones has a couple good years left, I don't doubt that -- so I'd be all about it if that were somehow real. But I doubt it is, and the thought of it being Ridley is, well... not real. 

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Jones has a couple good years left, I don't doubt that -- so I'd be all about it if that were somehow real. But I doubt it is, and the thought of it being Ridley is, well... not real. 

Beane did attempt to get AB. Who knows, but a seed was potentially planted. I mean, to acquire a good veteran receiver vs drafting one high.

Edited by Rocket94

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

WTF do you guys have against Sanu?   Jesus I would have LOVED to have him on last years team......

I think he's a pretty good solid WR IMO, I too am not understanding some of those post, but anyway....

Now swapping 1st with them for him,I don't know about that. I'm on the fence with that one. I'm leaning toward not though.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

Probably this one?

I can't see ATL trading Julio for JUST a trade swap, and can't see how Sanu gives us enough TO swap picks... Unless we're giving up our 2 and a swap for Julio, this doesn't seem to fit. 

The fellas on NFLN were talking ATL earlier...they want in on the top ten to grab a defensive guy.

2 minutes ago, dpberr said:

WR is a young man's game and the Falcons likely don't want to pay Antonio Brown + money to a 30 year old receiver.  

TBH, I wouldn't want the Bills to do that either.   

Falcons owner and Vincent Price look-alike swears that Julio and Grady will be Falcons for life.

Julio I get..........but Grady?     

I can't see a simple swap of picks netting us Julio or Ridley, but I also can't see why we would do that for Sanu either.

That being said, a swap of picks plus Julio makes the most sense out of the three, given our non-need for yet another #2 WR, and Ridley's youth.

I'd be down with sweetening the pot with a mid-round pick, plus a swap, if that could get us Ridley.

Edited by SCBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Things I think:

1. Julio could be in play here.  
    1. Why? - He is over 30, wants a huge contract (deservedly) and they have some youth at WR.  The offense can still be very good without Julio potentially, but that Falcon team will win nothing without defense.  In fact, the ONLY year they had a shot at anything was the one year they had a solid defense and they still blew the SB.  The whole offense thing has won them nothing and they have barely made the playoffs over the Julio/Ryan stretch.  
    2. ATL has watched NE win many SB's with mediocre WR's...they have to see having stud WR's has done nothing real for them.  At one point they had Roddy and Juio...still barely a .500 team.  
    3. Defense is a train wreck - see point 1.
  2. Calvin Ridley could be in play here, but less likely.
    1. They may feel their window in the next 2 to 3 years and they can get plenty of Elite play out of Julio out of that stretch.  So they are sacrificing youth for a win now move to get some major defensive help.
  3. Sanu definitely could be in play from Atlanta side of things, but doubt it appeals to Buffalo
    1. Story says ATL is trying to get the trade up...says nothing that the Bills are interested in Sanu.  So easily can see Atlanta offering Sanu and that could be the source of the rumor, but by no means does that equate to Bills interest.
    2. I dont see where Sanu fits in our current WR room and makes it significantly better enough to drop down 5 spots.  
    3. If Atlanta included their 3rd round pick and Sanu, Bills may have SOME interest I guess.  But my guess is that for the Bills to do this, they would want Altantas 2nd round pick and Sanu.  I can see us maybe doing that.
      1. If that happens...BUH BYE Zay Jones :)

All in all, these reports are like all those reports on the internet says just about every food item we consume causes cancer...one will say it does, another will say it doesnt.  So one minute its we are trading up, then down, then staying the same, then its this player or that player...its just internet click stuff really.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

Probably this one?

I can't see ATL trading Julio for JUST a trade swap, and can't see how Sanu gives us enough TO swap picks... Unless we're giving up our 2 and a swap for Julio, this doesn't seem to fit. 

Well they did trade a 3rd for kelvin benjamin, with this value it would cost us 2 firsts for Sanu

Edited by Pirate Angel

This is tempting. I just looked at Sanu's stats he's 29 last year 66 rec for 830 yards 2017 67 rec 740 yards. This could be a great value deal for the bills.  Cap friendly also with 2 years remaining.  I think Dexter Lawrence is the target at 14.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

This is tempting. I just looked at Sanu's stats he's 29 last year 66 rec for 830 yards 2017 67 rec 740 yards. This could be a great value deal for the bills.  Cap friendly also with 2 years remaining.  I think Dexter Lawrence is the target at 14.

This board needs more posters like this. Do a little research and get some facts. Thank you. 

No freaking way Julio or Ridley are in play. Dimitrof loves his picks to a fault. Blank loves Julio. Falcons drafted Ridley last year to be the 1B to Julio’s 1A. 

Sanu is also a true pro. Quiet hard worker. Good vet to have around. He plays with fire on Sunday.  

If Beane can get something else thrown in good, either way I would be ok with it.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

We signed a 35 year old RB!

If Sanu can help out Josh Allen, why not?

I also want Dexter Lawrence. Stopping is run is just as important as stopping the pass.

• Like (+1) 1

I believe this story has legs. Right after this leaked all of sudden another story came out about trading up with the jets.  Benjamin Albright says that the bills wanna upgrade receiver interior defensive line and offensive lineman.  This scenario does all three with a possibility of trading up for a second 1 round pick.  Or using pick 40 on tytus Howard.