Solomon Thomas is an option for Bills

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

That sounds right to me - which puts Bosa to Jets nooooo

I read (yeah yeah I know) that The Jets are actually locked on Allen even if Bosa is there.  Not sure if true of course but was interesting to hear.

11 minutes ago, WMDman said:

I’d send them a third and a fourth and move him to DT

whoa... maybe a 3 and a 4 in the 2025 draft!

That's way too much to give up for a guy who hasn't proven anything in the league...

That said, I'd be VERY happy with getting him, just think it can be had for quite a bit cheaper than that...

Edited by glazeduck
  • Like (+1) 1

If we could send them a mid-roundish pick for Thomas, it would be AWESOME. It would solve our 3T problem right out of the gate, leaving our two picks available for other positions. Please let this happen!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

according to Leroi at the time, he was #1 on the Bills board. McD was here. Beane was not.

Last I heard they weren't asking for much.    Which is good because(notably playing out of ideal position) he has made Shaq look like a world beater.

I know he lost his sister to suicide and had been really hampered by the grief so maybe that condition improves and he starts to play like expected.   He's cheap for a couple seasons yet.

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha.  I actually did like Trent Edwards for awhile. ? but I was never a fan of the Murphy signing. 

But normally, go with Stanford guys.  If they fail, it won’t be because of lack of effort. 

Murphy was a great college player.  I liked him a lot when he was coming out of Stanford and he played pretty well for the 'Skins.  If he's healthy this year, he could contribute. 

San Fran has moved him all over that line, including both ends. On early downs they had him playing outside and then on obvious passing downs they would bring him inside. When they finally did bring him inside late last season, he seemed to preform better. Problem is they have Buckner at the 3T and I'm sure they don't want to move him. 

He'd be our 3T replacement here definitely.

If it was something as simple as a bad scheme fit, they wouldn't be looking to dump the #3 overall pick from two years ago for next to nothing. 

Chances are if he can be had for a 3rd round pick or later, I'd venture to guess that there are some major issues with him playing at the NFL level.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That would a terrible trade for SF but I would love it.  I agree he would A great DT and I love Stanford guys (minus Trent).  I would love to bring him in.  

The Bills would have 3 Stanford guys on their d-line -- which is crazy. Why the dislike of Trent? The season he was healthy for Washington, he was really good, and while he was banged up last year, he did flash. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I remember thinking he looked really good coming out. I’d like to see what McD could do with him. Obviously skeptical of how he has panned out for the 49ers so far, but maybe he could be another Jerry Hughes type of story for us.

Wouldn't that be nice.

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills would have 3 Stanford guys on their d-line -- which is crazy. Why the dislike of Trent? The season he was healthy for Washington, he was really good, and while he was banged up last year, he did flash. 

He was totally gimping around last year but he has some of the functionally longest arms you will ever see on a DL..........he uses them so well to surprise ball carriers/QB's who think they are out of his grasp.    Surprise increases chance of turnover.   His upside if healthy is high.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He has 19 sacks in 60 games, can’t stay healthy, looks older than he is, and had a PED suspension.  Just thought it was a lot of money for a guy with all that baggage. 

41 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Nerd alert! :)

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'll eat my hat if he plays more than eight games this year.

He's a pumped up, inflexible injury-waiting-to-happen kind of guy, IMO...

He’s played in 13 or more games in every year other than 2017.

• Like (+1) 1