Report - Bills Interested in WR Adam Humphries

MAJBobby

Now THIS move would make a whole lot of sense.  He is a quality slot receiver, he isn't splashy and won't get you the big chunk yardage but he will move the chains.   He has been a productive slot receiver and shouldn't cost all that much money.  If they can get him around the $7M a year range, I'd take it and run.

• Like (+1) 1

Sign me up too

Just now, Magox said:

Now THIS move would make a whole lot of sense.  He is a quality slot receiver, he isn't splashy and won't get you the big chunk yardage but he will move the chains.   He has been a productive slot receiver and shouldn't cost all that much money.  If they can get him around the $7M a year range, I'd take it and run.

Gonna be 10 to 11 though.

He's on my wish list along with James, Morse and Williams. He would be deadly in the short/intermediate if the Bills continue to gear the passing game towards downfield throws. I'm not a huge DK guy but Foster, DK and Humphries underneath would be tough to defend and fun to watch IF we can get some pass protection.

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Now THIS move would make a whole lot of sense.  He is a quality slot receiver, he isn't splashy and won't get you the big chunk yardage but he will move the chains.   He has been a productive slot receiver and shouldn't cost all that much money.  If they can get him around the $7M a year range, I'd take it and run catch.

^^^^ Fixed :D 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Poorman's Chris Hogan

Not even close.

Hogan has cracked 40 receptions once in his 8 year career.  Humphries has cracked 50 receptions 3 out of his 4 years, with one year over 60 and his last season over 70.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Not sure how he's a fit.  Zay is slot and Foster is outside.  Unless we now believe that McD doesn't really believe in a #1 again

I think he's a fit because I think they want to run similar stuff to what they do in New England with Edelman and they need someone shifty like that. Humphries reminds me some of Welker

Zay played outside last year more than the slot, probably because he gives you nothing after the catch. If Zay is going to stick in the league I personally do think it's as a big slot type but that won't be under Daboll.

Just now, Virgil said:

Not sure how he's a fit.  Zay is slot and Foster is outside.  Unless we now believe that McD doesn't really believe in a #1 again

I'm not as down on Zay as some but I could see him ending up as WR4 when it's all said and done. Zay is versatile and can play inside or outside in a pinch. Humphries would be deadly in the slot for Allen, who as we know likes to extend plays. He's got a better feel for space than Zay.

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Any chance we move Zay in a trade?   Humphries would lock down the slot.  Foster is on the outside.  We still need a #1 and that's not Zay.

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If he makes people shut up about the Italian D3 player who is a must draft, I'd give him $50m per.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He'd be a fit because Zay is a backup caliber WR and Humphries is a starter.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I'm struggling with Humphries.   Paying $10m+ to a slot receiver is tough for me to get my arms around.

But...that's kind of the point...you don't want those guys to be easy to tackle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I'm struggling with Humphries.   Paying $10m+ to a slot receiver is tough for me to get my arms around.

Don't look at it as slot v. outside- look at it as catches 137 catches over the past two years at about 10ypc. That's 137 first downs added to our offense. How much is that worth? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Don't look at it as slot v. outside- look at it as catches 137 catches over the past two years at about 10ypc. That's 137 first downs added to our offense. How much is that worth? 

I'm looking at is as $10m that wouldn't be going towards the OL, an X or a Z receiver or a DE.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Other than Golden Tate, I think he's the best slot guy out there.

Agreed. However Tate is wrong side of 30 and Humphries is trending upwards.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I'm looking at is as $10m that wouldn't be going towards the OL, an X or a Z receiver or a DE.

Now when you have enough money to do all of it.  They aren't going to overspend on what's available at the X receiver anyway.  They wouldn't ignore any of these positions because they spent too much on a slot receiver.